Van Dijk#10
Keizer#11

However, it's unclear whether or not Stuy actually wore a #1 jersey...:D

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
footage from our first CL match in 1995 :strong:

Strange, I remember the pitch being almost perfect :googly: I do remember the whistling against Gullit though :D

Classic Ajax attack on the 2 - 0: attack on the wing, cross it into the box, 9 goes to the first post creating space for 10 who scores :thumbsup:

Our line-up:

Van der Sar

Reiziger | Blind | F. de Boer

Rijkaard

R. de Boer | Davids

Litmanen

George | Kluivert | Overmars

[tub]v7jqQPdttAY[/tub]

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
I ever seen Ajax Amsterdams play in national stadium of Thailand in 1996 when they visit a pre-season tournament along with AC Milan, FC Copenhegen and a club I cannot remember. The only star I have seen in that team is Marc Overmars. I kuckry to see Baresi play for AC Milan even he played very comfortly in freindy game.

·
Registered
9,223 Posts
Van Der Vaart which part are you from in Nijmegen? Do you have any good feelings about NEC? If so feel free to drop by in the NEC thread in dutch leagues and cups.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Van Der Vaart which part are you from in Nijmegen? Do you have any good feelings about NEC? If so feel free to drop by in the NEC thread in dutch leagues and cups.
I'm originally from Ede, I live in Nijmegen because of my study. And I have nothing special with NEC, sorry ;)

I've edited it now, but of course the forum description needs an edit as well. So if you can do that Styg. :strong:
Not that it is very important, but you have forgotten the runner-up in the JC Schaal ;) Oh, and it should be Eredivisie (31) and 18 KNVB Cups.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Thanks. Have updated these now as well. Eventhough it's not the most important trophy it would be nice to win the JC-plate next season as well.

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Nice clip about Jack Reynolds. Not that much info we didn't know already but still a nice clip. I think they're overrating Reynolds' long term influence on the team but it's obvious Reynolds is an important man in our history.

PIrtPQ-nHiQ

·
Registered
12,161 Posts
I'm trying to find out who van Basten's notable teammates were for Ajax besides Rijkaard. I'd appreciate your help.

And I was also wondering what happened to Ajax's awesome youth system. It doesn't churn out great players like it used to. Were any changes made ~15 yrs ago that negatively affected the youth system?

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Van Basten played with Cruijff in the beginning and with Bergkamp in the end (although Dennis only featured once or twice in that season). In between he also played with the likes of Ronald Koeman, Vanenburg, Van 't Schip, Wouters and Arnold Muhren at Ajax.

There are several reasons for the lesser generation of players nurtured. The best players were brought in from abroad the last few years (Vertonghen, Eriksen, Fischer). More teams in the Netherlands are fishing in the same pond now, so Ajax can't pick up all the players now (a player like Maher went to AZ now for example) and according to Cruijff's revolution the youth setup wasn't up to level anymore. Focus on wrong things. We'll have to see if there will be a big change in that in the coming years with all the boys trained via the new way now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice clip about Jack Reynolds. Not that much info we didn't know already but still a nice clip. I think they're overrating Reynolds' long term influence on the team but it's obvious Reynolds is an important man in our history.

PIrtPQ-nHiQ
I agree Reynolds was very important for us, nice clip indeed

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,494 Posts

41 - 60 of 61 Posts