Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought this would be a fun one.. ;) Which are the worst aesthetic disasters you've ever seen on a football pitch, fashion or otherwise?

I personally think that wearing the socks too high (I'm talking over-the-knees high) look very gay. I'm seeing more and more playing doing it these days (Rio Ferdinand comes to mind) and it just looks plain awful. I'm sure it isn't to protect their knees..

Used to think players wearing tights under their shorts look terrible but thankfully less professional players do it these days. I remember these ugly looking tights as the norm just 2 or 3 years ago.

I don't like the yellow Nike balls they're currently using in the EPL and La Liga. It looks like the players are chasing around a balloon or playing in snow. Thank God the Serie A doesn't have that - yet. Absolutely hated the black nets they used in Euro2004 too.

Buffon used to wear this horrible looking goalkeeping jersey for Juventus. I can live with the pink, but it had this absolutely cheesy design of fake abdominals drawn in front of the kit. It's just pain wrong..

Amongst the things I like: players wearing long sleeves (they look less like athletes and more like cultured artists which they should be ;)), players attempting to match the colour of their kit with the colour of their boots (colour co-ordination always look cool), and footballers strapping their ankles with tape. Don't ask me why. :D

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Faisal said:
Nice to see some girls on this forum
:howler: :howler: I know it sounds gay but still I'd like to have a crack at it. We're running out of topics in the World Football forum.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
I'm just thankful the mullet has all but left our English shores,

What a horror ;)

·
Registered
894 Posts
Russell said:
I'm just thankful the mullet has all but left our English shores,

What a horror ;)
:yuck:

But we really shouldn't make fun, it's not his fault an overweight ferret attached itself to his head...

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Neat thread idea.

Great Outdoors said:
I personally think that wearing the socks too high (I'm talking over-the-knees high) look very gay. I'm seeing more and more playing doing it these days (Rio Ferdinand comes to mind) and it just looks plain awful. I'm sure it isn't to protect their knees..
I've done this before myself. :embarass: You do it to keep your socks from sliding down your legs and thus your shinguards falling into your shoes. Although tape it a much preferable option.

A fashion disaster would be like Ronaldo in that awful World Cup haircut. Just what was he thinking? :D Another example may be those skin-tight Kappa kits. They look good on highest level professional players, but in lower divisions, where players aren't as fit, it's a right mess. Spandex and a beer belly don't mix!

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Great Outdoors said:
I don't like the yellow Nike balls they're currently using in the EPL and La Liga. It looks like the players are chasing around a balloon or playing in snow. Thank God the Serie A doesn't have that - yet.

fresh pic ;)
teams sponsored by Nike use this balls at their home games

1 - 8 of 8 Posts