Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! this is my first post in your forum.:)

I need dome info on this guy. In the last wold cup I become a fan of this guy:) , becoz of his ball control and his sublime skills, though he was kind of a hot-head. After that he played played for Parma of italy (I may be wrong). But then he vanished from any news.:confused:

Living in Ukraine i really am quite ignorant about him. Pls give me some info about him. Like for which club he plays now? Is he in the WC squad? does he still shows dazzling football? And is he a first team member?

Thanks in advance.:) :cool:

P.S. - sorry if i spelt his name incorrectly.

Bye

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
milano77 said:
Like for which club he plays now? Is he in the WC squad? does he still shows dazzling football? And is he a first team member?

First, welcome to our forum. Now to answer your questions.

1) Currently playing for River Plate (Argentina)

2) Yes he is with the World Cup team currently training in Japan.

3) Still shows dazzling football and dribbling skills.

4) Yes, probably. The most recent practice had these attacking formations: Ortega, Crespo and Kily Gonzalez as the first team; and Gustavo Lopez, Batistuta and Claudio Lopez as second team.

·
Registered
271 Posts
It would be great if Ortega is a regular in this WC. Always an exciting player to watch.

Humbird: Could Ortega be playing in the practice matches only because Caniggia isn't yet fully fit? If this is the case, then Ortega may not get a look in for the actual matches.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Ortega is a great player, i justn hope he doens't fusk up like he did in the last WC, with Bielsa you never know, one player can be in the starting linuep at practice, and then another one can show up in the game.

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
leg100 said:
Humbird: Could Ortega be playing in the practice matches only because Caniggia isn't yet fully fit? If this is the case, then Ortega may not get a look in for the actual matches.
I think there is going to be alot of rotation among the players. There are so many matches to be played, it is important to keep the players as fresh as possible for every match. Argentina is deep at almost every position. We have options that other NT's don't have.

Also, Bielsa knows that the other 3 teams in our group are watching our practice line-ups and training accordingly. He may practice with one set of players and then have another as the real starting lineup.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Humbird said:

I think there is going to be alot of rotation among the players. There are so many matches to be played, it is important to keep the players as fresh as possible for every match. Argentina is deep at almost every position. We have options that other NT's don't have.

Also, Bielsa knows that the other 3 teams in our group are watching our practice line-ups and training accordingly. He may practice with one set of players and then have another as the real starting lineup.
Humbird, great point my lady ;)

But, do you have any experinces with the C.I.A? :D

·
Registered
658 Posts
Biesla is a tru loco he could change his mind day of the game just depends how he wishes to take each team apart.
And the beauty is our reserves are just as good as the starters infact our becnh players are starters
we should be allowed to field 2 sides hehe :)

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Hi! this is my first post in your forum.
at last, it was time to make your first post in the best forum in Xtratime.

:)

about your questions, yes ortega is still an amazing player, with his unique skills (i dont know a player in the whole world with the same kind of skills he has).
its very probable that he will be part of the starting eleven players.
he alredy played his last match in river plate. river cannot afford the 7.000.000 dollars needed to buy the other 50% of his transfer, that is owned by parma, so he can go back to parma. there was also rumour that he might leave to england.

he started playing for river plate. then he went to valencia. then to sampdoria. i think he was with veron there. then to parma. then back to river.
he played the WCs of the 94 and 98.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
We have, what i believe to be the best, deepest bench in the world...

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
batigold said:

1-there was also rumour that he might leave to england.

2-then to sampdoria. i think he was with veron there.
1-Two English clubs are looking to have him, Liverpool and Aston Villa.

2-He didnt have the chance to play with Veron at Samp, because at that time Veron was playing with Parma. Montela was at Samp with Ortega.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the infos guys. :)

would be looking forward to watching him in the WC. Best of luck to him and ur team.;)

One thing i didn't understand is that -- is he still half owned by Parma? that means they decide where he should go. Right.

Why river plate can't satisfy his wage demands i don't understand:confused: :rolleyes: . As much as I know (correct me if I am Wrong) River Plate is a big club, in fact one of the biggest, why they can't spend so much money is beyond me for such a talented plater :confused:

Bye

·
Star Player
2,961 Posts
Why river plate can't satisfy his wage demands i don't understand . As much as I know (correct me if I am Wrong) River Plate is a big club, in fact one of the biggest, why they can't spend so much money is beyond me for such a talented plater
As far as I know (correct me if I am wrong:tongue: ), Argentine clubs have a history of having financial problems:rolleyes: The current economic conditions aren't helping the cause either I guess:(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts