Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Team of the Week!!

Article taken from the english version of ert.gr

As it seems, AEK’s achievements this season have touched Europe. UEFA, which has been impressed by the efforts of the management, technical staff, players and the people to help AEK escape the summer’s dead-end, made sure to award the team with a simple but very important title. Recognizing the struggle and the hard efforts of AEK, UEFA proclaimed it Team of the Week, posting on its official website an article on the team’s course in this season’s championship.

With the title "A OK for AEK," the article is dedicated to the team's course from last summer until now, underlining that "with a little help from the courts, AEK have managed to overcome losing half their playing squad in the summer, and with a 2-0 win against PAOK FC last weekend are now within a point of leaders Panathinaikos FC having lost just one league game all season."
What is more, the article referred to the significant changes in AEK's players, to the fact that many players left the team in the summer, as well as to the fact that "the Portuguese coach took no time in rebuilding AEK" skillfully combining old and new players together.

There is special reference to AEK's dedicated fans who exceed 26,000 and support their team at every single match.
Uefa.com also cites statements of AEK's chairman, Demis Nikolaidis, who underlined that "football is a means of giving joy to the fans, no matter whether you're playing or staying on the sidelines." As for coach Fernando Santos, he stressed once more that his decision to coach AEK at that particular period was based merely on his friendship with Nikolaidis, as well as on his estimation for AEK's captain Kostas Katsouranis, who in his turn supported that "I trusted the new administration and I knew that the situation would change for the better. It turns out that I was proved right." As for Bruno Alves he said "maybe our success has been unexpected, but there is no harm in giving the league and cup our best shot."

Once more, AEK's twelfth player, its people, will be present on Sunday at OAKA stadium, since tickets for the match sell like hot cakes. In the critical match against Xanthi, AEK is expected to have more than 40,000 fans by their side.

As of tomorrow, Saturday, fans will be able to buy tickets for the first semifinal round of the Cup against Olympiacos.

Tickets will be sold at the box-offices outside Eirini train station from 11:00 to 17:00 and at AEK Shop (Grammou 71, Maroussi).
The article can be read here :-

http://www.uefa.com/magazine/news/Kind=8/newsId=295706.html

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Yes i saw this. Good to hear although some of the players named as important for us was kinda funny.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts