Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard news that AEK Athens are in negotiations to sign Iraqi international midfielder Abdulwahab Abu Al-Hail of UAE club Al-Shaab .

The player was supposed to sign last season after the World Cup qualifiers but he decided to join Al-Shaab. Abdulwahab is a talented player who has played for Talaba and Akhaa Ahly Aley in Lebanon.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I have never heard of the guy. But I seriously, seriously doubt a team like AEK would waste a precious non-EU position (in Greece 5 are allowed) for this guy...

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Agree with Amo;)
There are so many latin americans who wait for this place...

·
Banned
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, he has been reported to be joining the club, I think the coach of the side, may have seen him playing in Lebanon, which is why he wanted, because he was also wanted by Kaisarslautern 2 years ago as their coach saw him play in Lebanon.

He is a top player capable of playing in defensive and attacking midfield and is great with the ball at his feet.

Here is the translation

AEK Athens are negotiating with the iraqi player Abu Al-Hail

The player's contract with the Emirate team ends at the end of the present season.

- Greek club AEK Athens have began negotiations with the middle star in the middle of the iraqi national team and Al-Shaab of Emirate. Abdul Wahhab Abu Al-Hail will hopefully be in agreement with the club in coming season, according to what has been mentioned in the Emirate newspaper "Al-Ettihad"on Thursday.

An official source clarified that a representative of the Greek club will leave for Iraq this following Tuesday to the subject meetings with the Iraqi FA to accept the signing and the negotiations with the player, whos contract with the Emirate club Al-Shaab ends at the end of the present season.

Abu Al-Hail confirmed the existence of these new contacts with the officials of the Greek club after he signing a professional contract with Al-Shaab but the deal was not completed as he was playing for Iraq in the 2002 World Cup qualifiers at the time.

Abu Al-Hail adds "I am a professional football player and the representative of AEK Athens agreed to my conditions on the transfer to the team and it did not depend on my abilities, if they agreed on my move to the team.

Al-Shaab occupied the 3rd position behind champions Al-Ain and Al-Jazira on 37 points from 22 matches.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
AEK currently does not have a coach. And knowing their future coach (Bajevic) there is absolutely no way he will accept a player he doesnt know.

Perhaps if he is young AEK intents to buy him and loan him to a smaller greek club.

·
Banned
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know if these rumours are true but I hope he joins, there maybe some truth in this, as Abu Al-Hail has been linked twice with AEK these two years,

And Greek football has been known to signing players from the Middle East, I remember Mohanad Afash playing in Syria plus sweeper Tariq Jabban and a few other Syrians.

While I am sure I have heard that there is an Iraqi goalkeeper in the Greek 2nd division :confused: :confused: (No idea if this is true)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
From the players you mention I only know Mohammed Afash who has been a starter for Ionikos (a small team) for 3 years now...

·
Banned
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another player is striker Sayed Bayzed, played for a small team also, Iraqi goalkeeper now retired, he is still only young as goalkeeper, he retired at the age of 31 or 32(He is now a goalkeeping coach, pressure on fans and critics over his blunders with the national team, was the reason why he retired), Amer Abdul-Wahab was about to join Trikal(I have never even heard of them) a team in the Greek 2nd division.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts