Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first derby of 2005 is in the first week...PAO are currently 1 point behind Olympiakos,with Aek 2 points behind PAO.If Aek win they will move ahead of us,if we win wel do what Olympaikso couldnt.Actually,no team has beaten Aek yet in the Greek league.Lets see if as many people will go to this game as Aek-Olympiakos (63,129)

Theres no doubt PAO is the better team on paper,but this Aek team,led by Katsouranis,Alvez,Assunsao and Liberopoulos,but still made of youngsters and journeymen,has suprised many so far this season.Home advantage could be crucial.

I think wel win still,1-3

·
Registered
15 Posts
Don't over-rate your team.
I respect PAO, but don't go too far.

Let the best team win.
With new acquisitions that have yet to be announced, AEK can certainly be the better of the 2, on paper too.

Who are the journeymen that AEK has? If you're talking about Konstantinidis, he's the one player that noone really likes from the team. Who else? It's all good prospects, not journeyman. Money was an issue, this is why we couldn't get much back after we were forced to really all of our good players.

Oh yeah, by the way, with this lineup, we are still undefeated, and guess what, new players have signed, and better players players will sign before the PAO game.

Don't forget that we just got into the arthro 44, and last year, on paper, we had the better team with the Zagorakis, Kapsis, Tsiartas, and... etc.

Kali protoxronia, kai me to kalo se ena kalo match me kali diaitisia.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Players like Georgeas,Soares (altho hes been a big suprise),Abonsah are all journeymen for me...

I dont think you will be better ''on paper'' whoever you sign tbh..with the financial difficulty your currently in as the main reason.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
PAO_ARSENAL said:
Players like Georgeas,Soares (altho hes been a big suprise),Abonsah are all journeymen for me...

.....and you propably wax lyrical over a Fiorentina reject! :dontcare:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
No way is AEK better than PAO on paper. And of course AEK's roster is full of journey-men. Tziortziopoulos (Olympiakos, Iraklis, Akratitos, Panionios), Kontis (Ethnikos, Olympiakos, Panionios), Soares (Kalamata, OFI), Rusev (few 2nd division teams, Apollon Athinon), Abonsah (Panelefsiniakos, Olympiakos, PAOK) - though I think they've kicked him out now. Even Assuncao and Alves are on their 257344th loan from Porto.

This doesn't mean that they're bad players or that they can't be/aren't a success at AEK, but they've certainly been around and some of them have had numerous chances to impress and failed in all of them. Tzortzopoulos for example has been crap wherever he played, Soares was largely average, Rusev has spend most of his career in the 2nd division and Kontis has had one good season in his career - last year with Panionios.

AEK is definitely a team of journey-men. But Santos has made them solid (and really lucky too). I don't think they will last for the title race unless their new signings prove to be spectacular, but they'll get 3rd place which is fine.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Have the tickets been released yet? How many are left?

**I also wouldent hcall Soares a Journeyman. The rest your spot on about though...

Btw Tziortziopoulos has been playing very well for us...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Aek is to weak to battle hard this season with higher calaber opposition but u neva know I said the same thing when they played us but they held us to a 0-0 draw and one of the most boring games of this season.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I think AEK's defense will have problems, and I cant see their midfield running the game... their finishing without Soares is also bad...

nevertheless if PAO dont beat a team that lost to Zenit 5-1 Ill be pissed as ****

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortunately as 3,000 PAO fans are given tickets and are going,the police have set up 13,000 seat dead-end area,so a ''sell out'' in this game would be 52,000 not 65,000..

So far,Aek fans have bought 42,000 tickets and PAO fans have snaped up all 3,000 allocated...7.000 tickets remaining with only 1 day to go is a tad dissapointing though...

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
45,000 showing is a good turnout though. Im sure more tickets will be bought today and even in the last minuts before the game. You know if their wasent risk of violence and more tickets were allocated to panas their would be a bigger showing but whatever...

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
..............Galinovic

Vyntra_Kyrgiakos_Goumas_Munch

Skacel_Basinas_Anderson_Gonzales

.....Konstandinou_Papdopoulos

................Xiotis

Kontis_Moras_Alvez_Kostenoglou

Kyriakidis_Assunsao_Katsouranis_Ivic

......Soares_Liberopoulos

These are the probably line ups,with ANDERSON making his debut for PAO in central mid and 19 year old Kyriakidis likely to start in right midfield for Aek after socring and assisting in his debut in a Greek cup games.
It will be very interesting tactical battle as with these players the formation of both teams can turn into a 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1 very easily with Konstandinou and Liberopoulos the two target men.Liberopoulos is a PAO legend,interesting to see how he performs in this game.Konstandinou is on a reat run of 7 goals in 7 games.
Both playmakers in this game(Gonzales for PAO and Ivic for Aek) will play in that left mid-playmaker role made famous by Zidane ar real madrid the last 2 seasons.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Malbasa isisnt going to play since he hasent been given the right to by his former team...

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
For PAO, Skacel plays on the left and Gonzalez behind Konstantinou, with Papadopoulos playing as right forward.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Will ERT sat be showing this game???
Im watching right now and they are showing bball. Game is still early on.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
They said they would be showing the game...

Konstandinidis has been picked infront of Skacel for PAO in the midfield and Morris instead of Kyrgiakos in defence...very suprising moves from Skanzy.Lets hope it works out...

FORRZZZAAA PAO

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
K so now im foreced to watch the game on my computer... and game wont play beacus there are to many people tuning in...

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The game will be played infront of a very loud 50,000 attendance...47,500 Aek fans there and2,500 PAO fans there

13,000 dead end seats and Only about 2,000 tickets unsold.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
A Good Turnout. We got significantly more for the OSFP Game though...

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thats because no Olympiakos fans got tickets...

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
7 Mins:Konstandinou missed big chance with header from 8 yards.Side netting.
8 Mins:Free kick from 20 yards Blasted over from Munch
20 Mins:Gonzales Shot saved from Xiotis
21 Mins:Konstandinou tackled from Alvez as he broke one-on-one with the GK
37 Mins:Basinas shot saved well from Xiotis
43 Mins:Free kick from 25 yards from Basinas saved from Xiotis

Total Domination from PAO...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts