Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy is becoming a legend since the age of 31.

Since 2012 he has scored 51 goals in 102 all games.

That is outstanding in any league,never mind for a club who never gets beyond 4th and given the constraints we impose,rightly so imo,on our great institution.

Much maligned player given his skill on the floor as well as his heading abilty,hold up play and penalty taking.

Big up AA!...he is a legend!!..already.

·
Registered
117 Posts
A true legend, I hope that he will extend the contract for next season, although there are rumors that Los Angeles and New York are interested in him (may join Iraola next summer).

·
Registered
133 Posts
He could have been an even bigger legend if Athletic hadn't sold him to Mallorca in 2008. That transfer really hurt me. Even though he didn't score as much goals as he has been doing lately he was an important player and I loved his commitment and attitude. He scored a lot of important goals two seasons where we were dancing on the verge of being relegated.

Strange that Macua let him go back then. According to El Correo article below he was not that important as Llorente, Javi Martinez and Amorebieta. The three players that later disappeared from the club. Wonder what would it be like if we kept Aduriz?

http://www.elcorreo.com/alava/20080826/deportes/athletic/macua-dice-libre-traspaso-20080826.html

To sum up - I agree, he is a legend and I love the guy.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
He wasn't that important then, but now he is more important than anyone. At the age of 34 going to 35.
And he was really important when he came in the 2005 and the 2006 campaign, as his goals really helped us save those 2 years.

I was really angry and confused when he left as well.

·
Lehendakari
2,025 Posts
The worse thing about his sale to Mallorca was how little we sold him for, £4m I think. And this too a month after Macau tried to justify having sponsorship on our shirts by claiming it would stop us having to sell our players to survive... :rollani:

·
Registered
68,841 Posts
He's been linked with a move to the MLS, notably NYCFC (Villa's team plus they have Iraola) or LA Galaxy. Not sure what his wages are in Spain, but in the MLS he won't be making more than probably 300-400K USD. Iraola makes about 200K

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mallorca didn't pay even half of the 6mio. Worst sell ever in Athletic. Thanks Urrutia for bringing him back. Thanks Aritz for being incredible...literal.

It's by official figures, I don't really know the details... But the worst outgoing transfer is, in my opinion, Fernando Llorente who moved out for free.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
But that was not a transfer, it's different. Ezquerro also left for free.

Mallorca agreed 6mio with Athletic but they did not pay, then entered in bankrupcy and Athletic recovered around 3 in the end I think.

·
Lehendakari
2,025 Posts
But the worst outgoing transfer is, in my opinion, Fernando Llorente who moved out for free.
When he was struggling to establish himself Fulham had an offer accepted but he turned them down I think. Would have been similar amount for what we sold Aduriz for (to Mallorca).

·
Registered
117 Posts
A true legend, I hope that he will extend the contract for next season, although there are rumors that Los Angeles and New York are interested in him (may join Iraola next summer).
Aritz Aduriz has signalled his intention to see out the remainder of his career with Athletic Bilbao by extending his contract until 2017.:musik::musik::musik:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Snubbed again by Del Bosque...ridiculous.

All well and good developing younger strikers but the Euro's are a matter of months away and AA gives so many options against so many teams...who are the options.

Spain doesn't have to play neatly in front of the back four,they have a potent aerial threat with AA.

No one is suggesting he starts games but when the same old shit that DB plays game after game doesn't work then he has an option.

For us it's great..he's fresher and less prone to injury but AA did express an interest to play and for that I feel for him.

One cap doesn't do him justice..LLorente wasn't used properly either.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts