·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Liternit said:
I really looking foward to see if this kid is any good or just american hype.
I think it will be both. I have only seen him play in the U17 WC and he was impressive, bt its hard to tell.

500K is per year.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
500K year is more like it, but for a 14 year old :eek:

he looks huge for a 14 year old, he must be on gear already :D

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
He should have moved to a better league.
Now for him to move its tough, the MLS system is weird.
Just like Beasly wanted to move to Perugia, but he did not go cuz MLS wanted to keep him.
Stupid.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
He grew up in both Ghana and USA.
Plus if he goes to Italy or Spain or England, and he is really this new Pele like they say, he wont play youth. He will be rated top and play starter.
In 4-5 years let me tell you, Adu will probably be forgotten if he ends up like Beasly, Donovan. They too were supposed to be amazing, and they are not bad, but staying in MLS was their ruin.
We will see.

Al I saw of Adu was the Nike commercials on www.nikefootball.com
Other than that I have no way to judge him.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
He shouldnt of signed for the MLS.Big Mistake IMO.The MLS blocks any moves they want, If you want to sign someone who's playing in that league.You go through the MLS :confused: It's stupid, He should of went to Europe and played youth/reserves until he's ready for first team.If he's that good he will have no problem settling in.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Kiyan said:
youth teams.
MLS > Youth Teams.

Hes comming to Europe when he is older... you call him "done for" and his "carrer over" for a 14 year old...

You got no idea.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
ItalianBoy said:
He should have moved to a better league.
Now for him to move its tough, the MLS system is weird.
Just like Beasly wanted to move to Perugia, but he did not go cuz MLS wanted to keep him.
Stupid.
WTF? he is amaerican, he is playing in MLS so he can stay home. He abd his mother doesnt want him to leave untill he is older. It is the best possbile outcome for him.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
ItalianBoy said:
He grew up in both Ghana and USA.
Plus if he goes to Italy or Spain or England, and he is really this new Pele like they say, he wont play youth. He will be rated top and play starter.
In 4-5 years let me tell you, Adu will probably be forgotten if he ends up like Beasly, Donovan. They too were supposed to be amazing, and they are not bad, but staying in MLS was their ruin.
We will see.

Al I saw of Adu was the Nike commercials on www.nikefootball.com
Other than that I have no way to judge him.
you people are lost... Adu is a talent which is so much further ahead than Donovan its laughable to comapre.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Tim Howard was developed by MLS
:tongue:

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Do you honestly think he's going to gain anything by playing in the MLS? Plays with Americans for another 5-6 years than what? He's already fallen behind, If he goes to Europe now and plays for B teams and youth teams he's already playing in a class higher than the MLS.

Even going to Argentina or Brasil would be a good move.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Kiyan said:
Do you honestly think he's going to gain anything by playing in the MLS? Plays with Americans for another 5-6 years than what? He's already fallen behind, If he goes to Europe now and plays for B teams and youth teams he's already playing in a class higher than the MLS.

Even going to Argentina or Brasil would be a good move.
For craps sake, HE'S 14 years old!!! What matters the most ain't his technical development, it's his mental. First of all he should finish school and be allowed to do all the stuff every 14 year old's should be able to. Hang out with friends and do whatever. I don't see why he should sacrifice his whole adolesence just because some people are trying to breed the perfect footballer. It'll come in time. Hell, I think he even should have waited to turn pro and sign to the MLS.

Steph: I know there are some doubt that Adu really is 14 years old, with him beeing so far ahead of others in his age, plus the fact that the birthcontroll records ain't 100% in Ghana. But I know there was some paper or something trying to settle it all for once and they didn't find anything substantial to doubt he is in fact 14 years old. I don't have that link at the moment though.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
enola said:
For craps sake, HE'S 14 years old!!! What matters the most ain't his technical development, it's his mental. First of all he should finish school and be allowed to do all the stuff every 14 year old's should be able to. Hang out with friends and do whatever. I don't see why he should sacrifice his whole adolesence just because some people are trying to breed the perfect footballer. It'll come in time. Hell, I think he even should have waited to turn pro and sign to the MLS.
No, of course not. It's obviously up to him. There's school's in Europe too, did you know that?

But from a football point of view, he made a mistake. He'll be a forgotten man a few years down the road. If he wants to be an average footballer and have a good time in the US it's up to him and is simply a matter of opinion. But he did just ruin his chance to be a great player in Europe.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
enola said:
Steph: I know there are some doubt that Adu really is 14 years old, with him beeing so far ahead of others in his age, plus the fact that the birthcontroll records ain't 100% in Ghana. But I know there was some paper or something trying to settle it all for once and they didn't find anything substantial to doubt he is in fact 14 years old. I don't have that link at the moment though.
Fair enough then, and thanks. :)

I'm rather dubitative, but on second thought: why should I be? Maybe mommy and daddy Adu just swapped pancakes with twinlab super gainer at breakfast. Every loving parents do.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
He couldnt go to Europe bacause he ain't 18. You need to be 18 or 17 to play for a youth team in Europe.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
1) He is good for his age. I recall to see him last summer in the U-18 WC.

2) He's too young. There have been good young players who have disappeared. Other's were not that much, like De La Peña.

3) I think it's a Nike-MLS project to promote football in the US, to get new fans. The Americans want champions, Adut attente their first footballer star. Just look at their current attention on Lance Armstrong, when they never cared much about cycling.

4) Personally I think this won't help Adu too much. He's a kid, just think about kids of 14 years old around you, their are not developed as a person, he's going to have too much money for his age, he's gonna have many "strange" people around him. I am really doubtful about his future.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts