Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is he so overhyped and he hasn't even done anything yet?
I just saw is debut and he did aboslutely nothing. His position sucked ass, he seemed rather slow and he couldnt even dribble past Agoos!!
Adu:yuck: :yuck:

;)

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
it was his first game, not like he got any support from his team...they couldnt even get him the ball..he could of scored at the end if his teammate decided to just cross the ball to him instead of trying to dribble the goalie, and if Convey actually had any type of vision in his game....doesnt matter much....that game was terrible...one of the worst displays of the game ive seen in a few months...MLS really is sad sometimes. adu will be ok i think...hes just gotta get used to the way they play in the mls and how the defenders are gonna try to body him off the ball most the time

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Man, why are you hating?

Freddy Adu may not be the next "Pele" but you've got to be something special at 14 years old to be offered contracts from Inter and ManUtd. He isn't playing in the MLS at 14 years old for no reason, he's got skills. Plus, it was only his first game.

If you've got nothing better but to hate on him for no reason, then I say you get a life. :eek:

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not hating on anybody man, the reason I said hesucks(which is btw a joke) is because of all the media hype that he's getting. I mean common he's the highest paid footballer in the MLS and he's only 14. He also hasn't proved anything yet. I was just judging him by how the media made him look to be, I know he's only a 14 year old kid.

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
You do realize that he is 14 and this was his first game?
Apparently, you do, but don't at the same time. :tongue:

This season won't be his breakthrough season, and you should not expect him to do much more from him this season.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
BaDaniS said:
I'm not hating on anybody man, the reason I said hesucks(which is btw a joke) is because of all the media hype that he's getting. I mean common he's the highest paid footballer in the MLS and he's only 14. He also hasn't proved anything yet. I was just judging him by how the media made him look to be, I know he's only a 14 year old kid.
I seriously doubt he's the highest paid, but he's the youngest ever.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
AS_Roma83 said:
he is the highest paid....or top 3 at least

Even if he's the highest paid, it's because he's going to bring so much money to his club due to fan support, media attention and merchandise sales. Add all that up, and he probably deserves it.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
Patrick said:
Even if he's the highest paid, it's because he's going to bring so much money to his club due to fan support, media attention and merchandise sales. Add all that up, and he probably deserves it.
i know all this though....just wanted to answer your question

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
AS_Roma83 said:
i know all this though....just wanted to answer your question
Oh, alright. ;)

I also would like to tell the haters that continue to say that his age is fake, I'm sure the MLS and plenty other people have been trying to find if his age is false and they would have definately found out the truth by now right? So, the haters who hate on Freddy Adu a freakin' 14 year old is quite pathetic.

Don't get me wrong it isn't like I'm a fan, I've never seen him play before today but I'm sure he's got to be something special.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He's the highest paid at 2.5 or 3 million us per year if I'm not mistaken.
IMO it's just ridiculous to put all this pressure on a 14 year old even if he's that damn good(which nobody is sure of yet)..

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Just because he has been put on alot of pressure doesn't mean that he sucks like your first post says. Stick to your story and make up your mind about him, man.

Adu's a bench player at this point and will be groomed as a sub for now, I'm sure he'll be great though.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Patrick said:
Just because he has been put on alot of pressure doesn't mean that he sucks like your first post says. Stick to your story and make up your mind about him, man.

Adu's a bench player at this point and will be groomed as a sub for now, I'm sure he'll be great though.
I already stated that I was just joking in my first post...

·
Registered
339 Posts
The referee in this game was simply awful. He blew his whistle when he shouldnt of have. There was 2 chances for DC and it was advantage but the ref just had to stop play and make DC start over.

And how could Bobby Convey miss that simple shot?

MLS is a shame!

But Eskandarian's goal was a beauty!

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Do you want to know why the Hype id there, His performance at the U-17, U-19 US level. Where he shined amoungst other National teams from Europe and the rest of the World.

I had an Interview with Bob Bradley of the Metrostars last week and he predicted that this could be the hardest season for Freddie. He Hated what DC Advertising has done to this lad. The Hype olone would have to be so much pressure for a 14 year old to handle that it would have to effect his game. DC sold out this match The Metrostars have also sold out next weeks match for DC and Adus visit. TV ratings are through the roof to see young Freddie. Bradley believes that he would Fold under all the pressure.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Why does he have the hype....to have non-soccer fans help o boost the ratings and fill the staduims...suckas!:tongue: ;)

his great play against Italys youth teams. He won the best player award and scorer in that youth tournament..2 years in a row. Then Inter came along and gave him a contract at 11 years old...and the hype was born

Americans(..and English , too...Rooney , Owen , ect. ,Brazil..Ednilson, robinho , ect) like to hype young players...Lebron James , Tiger woods , that 14 year asian golfer. And he also gets alot of hype , becuz he is a ''14'' yr old "pro' player and is making lots of :greed: He is too frail and young to play pro ball. Maybe when he is 18..he'll be good or a bust? Only in the future will tell. Stop overhyping him , tho!

Right now , Eddie Gaven is a better teen player! underrated:howler:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
i missed his first game...but i saw him play...this kid is a real deal...he might not impress people this year...but give him a 3 years...by the time he's 17, he'll become one of the best young players in the world...

then he'll go to INTER... :D

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
CSKA Now said:
Adu is the highest paid playe rin the MLS at 500,000 dollars a year.

FACT.
True that is what the MLS pays him yet there are other payments that were hinged on signing with the MLS Nikr 1 mill and other playr appearences will pay him another 250,000 bringing him up to 1.75 mill per year

1 - 20 of 75 Posts