Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
He's finally starting to get minutes in the senior side and he's really been impressive in my opinion.

Was spectacular in the U-17 Sudamericano, a little less in the U-17 World cup(even though he still scored his goals) - but he's just oozing with talent anf flair.

His technique is extraordinary, good vision and passing ability and seemed like a proper playmaker even when he played on the wings - great dribble, very good goal threat from the midfield, he's pretty mobile and not lighting fast but still got good speed - his set-piece ability is just really really amazing tho.

He absolutely needs to get stronger, but that will surely come in time, he got a good frame - really hope Flamengo keeps him coming off the bench to change games as they did the last 2 games.. if they continue this, he's out of brazil before he's 20 years old in a big money transfer.

·
Registered
44,343 Posts
I was thinking he'd get a start the past weekend in the derby, but didn't. Hopefully he starts this weekend, not as high pressure as the Fla-Flu. Love the fact that he isn't afraid of responsability, blasted a shot high over the goal in the derby and got smashed by his teammates, a shame he couldn't get off a better one. Should've scored the header too.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Another great Brazilian talent along the likes of Oscar, Ganso, Wellington Nem, Neymar, Lucas and others :proud:

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I thought I should bump this. Adryan is an insane talent. He is 17 years old and his transfer value is already 1.5 million, but estimated from various sources that it is really around 10 million. At 17, he made his debut in the Campeonato Brasileiro Serie A, and has scored 2 goals so far, his first against Goinaniense for the 3-2.

Here's a recent goal:

KQ6QvCDkGWA

and a compilation:
gRZA4M-3Vio

He was wanted by United but rejected them to continue developing in his homeland of Brazil.

According to the Daily Mirror:

Adryan was tipped for a move after he shined in the under-17 World Cup of 2011.

Teammate Lucas Piazon was picked up by Chelsea and tournament top scorer Souleymane Coulibaly is now a Tottenham player, but Adryan has rejected Premier League interest - for now.

"Manchester United actually spoke and showed interest, but it was not something that interested me at the moment," Adryan told Globo Esporte when the Old Trafford club invited him over to train at Carrington.

Such invitations are rarely spurned, but Adryan has made it clear that he won't be moving unless he has a key role at his new club: "We shall see later, when it appears at the right place, and so that I can participate and be an important player."

He is not yet a regular starter at Flamengo, though this looks set to be his breakout season with the first-team following the departure of one Ronaldinho.

The 17-year-old has shown flashes in the early Brasileirao season that suggest he is going to fulfil his monumental potential and become a top-class midfielder, but he will still need a few years of top-flight football in Brazil to hone his trade, as those that have gone before him and succeeded in Europe have had to.

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
Adryan signed for Cagliari yesterday for EU 4.5m. A year ago, United and Juve showed interest in him. I read that he hasn't gotten many games for Flamengo this past year. Has his growth stalled?

His highlights, compilations of the best moments of his short career, aren't that impressive to me, so I wouldn't be surprised. Paredes, whom Roma signed, looks better technically.

What are your thoughts on Adryan now?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts