Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Adriano urges clarity from clubs Sunday 18 January, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The giant Brazilian has made his Serie A comeback with a goal, but asks Parma and Inter to define his situation as soon as possible.

¡§I only hope that I can know where I stand,¡¨ said Adriano after last night¡¦s crucial strike in the 1-1 draw with Udinese.

¡§I want to dedicate myself to a single club. I realise that I was brought to Italy by Inter and I earned my spot in the Brazilian national squad thanks to Parma. All I want is clarity.¡¨

The two sides each own 50 per cent of Adriano¡¦s contract and the original plan was for Inter to buy him back at the end of the season.

However, the Gialloblu¡¦s financial worries and the continuing problems surrounding Christian Vieri make a January switch increasingly likely.

"If negotiations keep going like this," announced Inter President Massimo Moratti, "then it is possible Adriano could return immediately."

"First we must work out the financial details and how convenient it is to bring him back."

It is reported that Parma have requested either Julio Cruz or Andy van der Meyde on loan in order to give up Adriano early, but Inter have refused that proposal.

Meanwhile, Adriano is merely content to have made his Serie A comeback after tearing a thigh muscle on November 2.

¡§I felt that the leg was getting better every day,¡¨ he revealed, ¡§even if I was still a little tentative. The important thing now is to get back to 100 per cent fitness.¡¨

That crucial header against Udinese certainly boosted his confidence and it could have been a brace with a stunning late free kick reminiscent of Roberto Carlos¡¦ best efforts.

channel4

===================

ok...please discuss and post articles about adriano coming back here... :)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Parma demand Cruz for Adriano Sunday 18 January, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parma director general Luca Baraldi has confirmed that Adriano will not be released to Inter without receiving Julio Cruz in return.

¡§This is a club with dignity and objectives for this season,¡¨ announced Baraldi, ¡§and we must respect that. So if we agree this deal then there must be a player included as well as an economic aspect.¡¨

There were reports in the newspapers that Inter had rejected a request for Cruz (pictured) on loan until the end of the season, but the Gialloblu transfer chief has now confirmed those claims.

¡§We are trying to keep Adriano until the summer,¡¨ he added, ¡§but it won¡¦t be easy as Inter are pushing us to hand him over immediately.¡¨

The Brazilian returned to full fitness after three months out with a torn thigh muscle and scored on his comeback in last night¡¦s 1-1 draw at Udine.

¡§There are more meetings planned for next week,¡¨ concluded Baraldi, ¡§and at the moment I¡¦d say the transfer is in the balance.¡¨

The fact that Inter want Adriano now ¡V as confirmed by both Baraldi and Nerazzurri President Massimo Moratti ¡V suggests that the end is nigh for Christian Vieri¡¦s time at the San Siro.

The striker was left in the stands for today¡¦s 1-0 home defeat to Empoli, officially for a muscular injury.

Few pundits believe this version of events and it is rumoured that Vieri was set to start on the bench, but refused and preferred to miss out entirely.

The atmosphere around the San Siro was tense and the players were locked in their changing rooms for over an hour as fans led a protest outside.

¡§We need your help to get through this difficult moment and understand the problems,¡¨ commented captain Javier Zanetti.

The Argentine and defender Marco Materazzi went outside to speak with fan representatives and calm the tension.

Many die-hard supporters walked out of the Stadium early and missed Empoli¡¦s winning goal scored by Tommaso Rocchi.

channel4

1 - 2 of 2 Posts