Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it is obvious that RONALDO & RONALDINHO are the players that must be on the starting line up with the BRAZILIAN NT..
But there is still another place for a forward to play beside them..
So simply who do you prefer?
KAKA is very fast he can run with the ball for long distances easily, he can support others with balls. By the way he is great in long shots :smileani:
ADRIANO is powerful, great finishing, with a magnificant left leg.. top league scorer in serie A.. by the way he is a great header ;)
So what do you think? :D

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Adriano-Ronaldo-Rivaldo
---Ronaldinho--Kaka---
-------Baptista-------
----4 DEFENDERS----
---------Dida---------

·
Registered
933 Posts
I odn't think Rivaldo deserves to be called up.

I also prefer Brazil to play with two defensive midfielders.

·
Second Place Winner February Photo Contest
2,631 Posts
ampersand said:
agree with purger, all four should play and maybe rivaldo too...
Yes, Rivaldo, as well as Dunga and Cesar Sampaio, and maybe Aldair. Rivaldo, yeah right...

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
play all 4 with 2 DMCs, a back 4 with 2 wingbacks. Would be a treat!

·
Banned
4,388 Posts
If you include rivaldo, you could build a line-up that also includes edmundo, romario, marcelinho carioca, ramon and muller :rolleyes: :thmbdown:

Ronaldinho-Adriano-Kaka
Juninho Pernambucano
---edmilson(inj?)-emerson(juve)-------
?---Alex-Lucio---Mancini
---------Dida---------

·
Administrator
30,845 Posts
Brazil does not have really 2 DMs to make it really a good idea. We have some good players who can do the DM and work to organize the attack such as Juninho Pernanbucano, Elano, Ze Roberto, etc, so the formation with 2 DMs will be just a waste...

·
Registered
933 Posts
JCamilo said:
Brazil does not have really 2 DMs to make it really a good idea. We have some good players who can do the DM and work to organize the attack such as Juninho Pernanbucano, Elano, Ze Roberto, etc, so the formation with 2 DMs will be just a waste...

I think we can't play with several attacking midfielders + strikers against Argentina and the likes. I mean against Haiti or Bolivia (not in La Paz) it's OK but against stronger teams is a little risky to play like that. It lets the team too vulnerable to fast counter-attacks.

And we do have some good DMs like Emerson and Renato (and there are others like Kleberson, Mineiro, etc...).

·
Administrator
30,845 Posts
Emerson and Renato ?
Emerson is not a good DM, Renato is ok as second DM, Kleberson is more like Juninho, a mix between playmaker and DM, not one to do it alone. We still lack players for such position in number to make 2 dms, like Dunga-Mauro Silva age

·
Registered
416 Posts
Kaka's place currently is the bench. Why is the conservative Parreira afraid to play a Ronaldo..Adriano attack. Against Bolivia we saw how awesome the combination was in the first half. With the sort of football that Ronaldinho Gaucho is playing, i think Kaka shd be benched whiles Ronaldinho shd star behind the 3 prong attack of Gordito,Adriano and Rivaldo(admit it since his absence the left side of attack has lost it's equilibrium). And it is not like he is doing bad currently.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I think we can play Ronaldo, Adriano, Kaka and Ronaldinho at the same time if we play with two defensive DMs like Emerson , Gilberto or Edmilson.

·
Administrator
30,845 Posts
I think the main reasons for DMs are not just the 4 players upfront, but the full backs. RC and Cafu asks for covering , Scolari solved it with 3 defenders and Gilberto. Parreira find not the way, but tries with 2 middle open in each side, almost as helpers...

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
I'm with J in this one, Brazil lacks of a great DM like Mauro for instance, against Argentina even winning, the middle sunk badly, may be still sucking but adding even more punch in attack or players better to keep the ball is better.

The problem of Brazil till now is connection between the three lines, connection even between the players in those lines, when Kaka is makin a cross Ronie still is tying his shoes, when Ronie Gaucho put the ball under his feet Ronie-Adriano-kaka are 40 meters ahead, in the meantime Ronie has Mascherano and Lucho all over him, is just not fair. May be for this moment, me also tend to arm double DM pivots (I guess I'm killing my hippie slowly), but the quality of them in Argentina right now is very good, and very compatible (one organizative: lucho-Cambiasso, and the other a pitbull: Masche-Battaglia for instance, BUT and a big one, Maschearano can surely play too, and even be alone there).

Emerson is the only one with past to be only anchorman, but in the NT he just have a phiscological thing of feeling less, and playing in consequence, same happens with Lopez in Argentina, and usually if you watch in River, any normall player besida the Ortegas, Gallardos, Aimares, Enzos all together at a time: like Cardetti, Crespo, try to look way more skill that he is, Emerson had some panic attacks were he can't pass the ball, and in Calcio is more than fine, BUT Calcio doesn't play much possesion either as you an us are accostume.

I like Renato, even Gilberto, I love Ze Roberto but he is wacko and too much vertical, I hate the guts of Edu, sorry Ze, but never saw a great game of him and always talks more than he play, no Mazinhos, no Mauros, etc..etc..why on hell not trying with one and be more risky, but hell who knows?
Anyway in that case better arm of course a great defense: ROQUE is the ****ing instant Titanic, the bomb ready to explode...

In many ways a double pivot in Brazil is becoming the obessession of Bielsa with wings and using Kily and Lopez there???? they weren't Corbatta, Houseman, Ortiz, Bertoni, not even the same era Delgado for instance, so why being obessese with a role can't be cover.

There is no truth here, but some thoughts about it, and is space to some day Renato-Emerson work, they are good, not Redondos, not Mauros, but if they can make a tandem they can work, but lately is like the THING so I can dare to have a Ronie-Ronie-Kaka-Ronaldo, and is really that necessary or may be see if Emerson or Baptista in his old role can, and give the 10 to Alex and at least try?, because till now every proof is the double pivot, not functioning at ALL, the strikers always saved your day out of nowhere...BTW keep producing those mopsnters, always will have a chance with 8 Roques behind....bastards....

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
I'll have to agree with Fangio, especially on the Edu comments ;)

My team

DM
Juninho-Ze Roberto
Ronaldinho/Kaka
Kaka/Ronaldinho - Ronaldo

Adriano comes off the bench (probably often)

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Fangio said:
no Mazinhos, no Mauros, etc..etc..why on hell not trying with one and be more risky, but hell who knows?
Anyway in that case better arm of course a great defense: ROQUE is the ****ing instant Titanic, the bomb ready to explode...
mazinho??? i don't exaggerate, that must be the worst player (with zinho) that i've ever seen in a brazilian midfield.

Fangio said:
In many ways a double pivot in Brazil is becoming the obessession of Bielsa with wings and using Kily and Lopez there???? they weren't Corbatta, Houseman, Ortiz, Bertoni, not even the same era Delgado for instance, so why being obessese with a role can't be cover.
parreira is a second-rate coach, and like bielsa, is starting to believe his own hype...watch him start roque jr, roberto carlos and renato in germany :yuck:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Maybe you guys haven't noticed, but Ronaldinho doesn't play the way he does for Barca in the Selecao. Ronaldo isn't having the best seasons form-wise either. All these "locks" in certain positions is what keeps Brazil from progressing. Adriano is better than Ronaldo right now, period. Kaka plays better for Brazil than Ronaldinho, period. THats who should play.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Ronaldo is not worth to be in stating lineup. [Dinho, Kaka, Adriano]

Guys, what about Nilmar? IMO he is great enough to appear in Brasilian NT. I havent seen hm much but he did vast impression. What do you think?

PS: where is the tread about new avatars... I miss some of them here... I can post em ... you should only upload ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts