Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tuesday 18 January, 2005

Adriano is likely to miss Saturday’s clash with Chievo after suffering a calf injury, as the Brazilian has played in all of Inter’s Serie A games so far.

The forward has been looking tired of late and is yet to score in 2005, but pulled up during training today with a twinge in his left calf muscle.

The Nerazzurri medical staff advised rest and it is now unlikely he’ll be able to play against the Flying Donkeys at San Siro.

If he is forced to sit this one out, it’ll be the first Serie A match Adriano has missed this season and in all competitions he has played 25 out of 29 available games.

The former Parma and Fiorentina hitman only skipped two Champions’ League ties due to a ban and was rested for both Coppa Italia encounters with Bologna.

He also took a very brief holiday during the summer, as he proved decisive in Brazil’s Copa America triumph.

Roberto Mancini should therefore bring in Obafemi Martins to partner Christian Vieri, though Alvaro Recoba is another alternative.

Meanwhile, Ivan Cordoba has reassured fans despite Inter’s surprise 0-0 draw at little Reggina leaving them further adrift of the Scudetto contenders.

“It is important to work hard on our movement in training and we rarely get that opportunity with so many matches,” said the Colombian.

“We conceded a lot of goals at the start of this season, but we are improving at the back and that is clear from our recent results.”

·
Registered
388 Posts
Adriano Only Gets Rested When he Gets Injured Is Not Right, I see a resemblance towards Ronaldo Dont YOU ?

·
Registered
46,634 Posts
Terrible. It was bound to happen if he wasn't rested anyway. Hope he recovers soon!

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Now I'm worried more than I have ever been throughout the season. :scared:

I really hope its no cheap excuse to leave him out of the squad after a string of below-par performances :frustrat:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
I certainly hope all is well,He seems a little run down.Let's hope adriano get's that break he deserves.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It will be interesting to see who Mancini selects to start beside Vieri and how the team will cope without Adi in the line-up. It is almost a throw back to a few seasons ago when Vieri was our lead man. I have a feeling Mancini will promote Martins to start alongside Vieri and Recoba will remain on the bench.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ADRIANO SUFFERS MUSCLE STRAIN IN TRAINING
Tuesday, 18 January 2005 17:51:12

APPIANO GENTILE - The Nerazzurri were back in training on Tuesday with a double session at Angelo Moratti Sports Centre. After gym work, mini-matches in the tensile structure and aerobic exercises this morning, the players did a tactical session and played a practice match on the pitch this afternoon.

After returning from leave (due to personal reasons), Dejan Stankovic joined the squad for the afternoon session, which Adriano sat out after straining his calf. The Brazilian was rested as a precaution and underwent medical tests, and has been diagnosed with a left-leg soleus muscle strain.

Julio Ricardo Cruz is well on the road to a full recovery but continued to train separately, as did Mario Rebecchi who played for the Primavera on Saturday. Edgar Davids also trained individually.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I do not think the club would try to the pull the wool by announcing that he is injured just so he can be rested. Also, it is a shame that Adriano can only be rested when injured.

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
I don't believe you people! Juve fans go to war with Capello over Del Piero, Ancelotti knows that if he benches Sheva he'll need bodyguards to protect him from milanisti and you want Adriano dropped after a couple of below-par games! You couldn't make it up!

Players like Adriano, Sheva, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho do not get benched. Period. They can only recuperate if they play and even if they are off-form they can invent something in a moment. Form is temporary, class is permanent!

·
Registered
46,634 Posts
Lightoller said:
I don't believe you people! Juve fans go to war with Capello over Del Piero, Ancelotti knows that if he benches Sheva he'll need bodyguards to protect him from milanisti and you want Adriano dropped after a couple of below-par games! You couldn't make it up!

Players like Adriano, Sheva, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho do not get benched. Period. They can only recuperate if they play and even if they are off-form they can invent something in a moment. Form is temporary, class is permanent!
Relax, Lightoller. You're misreading a lot of us. No one wants Adriano to be dropped. And no one is saying that he must be dropped because he is off-form. It's just that he's tired and needs a little break. We don't want him to burn out or get injured (too late on the latter). He just looks like he needs a break and we want the best for him. Once he recovers, he can deliver again.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
And again, i can be mad at Mancio. Adriano is out until early February. And don't come do say that Mancio has no guilty of that. He did'nt gave him his needed rest. :wallbang:

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
It's good he is injured, now maybe Mancini will actually coach the team ... instead of relying on one player

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Michael said:
It's good he is injured, now maybe Mancini will actually coach the team ... instead of relying on one player
I'd much rather rely on Adriano than Mancini trying to coach the team :depress:

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The question is whether or not Inter can manage in his absence but I guess we will find out soon enough. I still do not have full confidence in Vieri. I believe Martins deserves backing and as for Recoba, we will have to wait and see.

Despite Atalanta's poor form in Serie A, I would have liked to have Adriano for the first Coppa Italia match but it now looks as though that is not going to happen. Hopefully Vieri and Co. will continue to bang in the goals.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Adriano out for a fortnight Wednesday 19 January, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter have been hit by news that Adriano’s calf injury is worse than previously thought and he won’t be back until early February.

The Brazilian pulled up during yesterday’s training session with a muscular problem in his left leg and medical staff suggested a period of rest was needed.

It was at first believed he’d only have to miss this Saturday’s Serie A clash with Chievo, but tests reveal the strain is more serious than that and he’ll be sidelined for at least ten days.

This means the striker will miss the Coppa Italia tie with Atalanta on Jan 27 and probably the trip to Palermo three days later.

It’s likely Adriano will return to the playing field in the League encounter with Atalanta on February 2.

This is a particularly bitter blow to the Nerazzurri, as he has not missed a single Serie A match so far this season, skipping only two Champions’ League ties due to a ban and both legs of the Coppa Italia against Bologna.

Obafemi Martins and Alvaro Recoba are ready to step in and create a trident attack spearheaded by Christian Vieri.

Adriano has been Inter’s runaway top scorer in the League this season, picking up 14 goals before he hit a rough patch in 2005.

channel4

·
Registered
388 Posts
What I meant with comparing it to Ronaldo is because Adriano never gets a rest unless he is suspended, and i hope when he recovers that he will get more rests than he has got so far, just because you score goals it doesn´t mean you shouldn´t get a rest.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts