Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Adriano sidelined for 21 days Monday 21 March, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter will be without star striker Adriano for at least three weeks following tests on his injured knee.

The Brazilian underwent scans at Varese’s Circolo hospital this morning which confirmed he’s strained a collateral ligament in his right knee.

Adriano, who sustained the problems during yesterday’s 3-2 win over Fiorentina, will rest for the next seven days before undergoing a new medical.

The forward will definitely miss the first-leg of the Champions’ League quarter-final against city rivals Milan on April 6.

However, there are some optimistic whispers that suggest he could return for the second match on April 12 or be fit for the Juventus game five days later.

"It was a strange sensation, in fact I didn’t really feel any pain," Adriano told the Inter website on Monday.

"However, I immediately knew that something was wrong. But the medical team calmed me down and I’m even more serene after today’s tests.

"I’ll give my all in order to be back as soon as possible so that I can help Inter for the rest of the season."

The loss of the South American is a massive blow for boss Roberto Mancini given his offensive worries right now.

Both Christian Vieri and Obafemi Martins are not at their physical best, while Alvaro Recoba has fractured his ankle.

Meanwhile, Fiorentina’s Fabrizio Miccoli has been told that he’ll be out of action for the next 21 days.

The striker suffered an Achilles tendon injury at the San Siro on Sunday which is a hindrance to the Viola’s survival campaign.

:sigh: :wallbang: :sob: :scream: :broken: :cry: :depress: :frownani: :irritate: :groan: :nervous: :moan: :crybaby: :yuck: :( :doh: :scared: :stress: :hangover: :thmbdown:

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vieri has a slight knee problem, Martins just recovered, Recoba out for the rest of the season. We only have Cruz left.

But I wont say the magic word because I promised Coolntall not to!

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
GET CHOUTOS BACK !!!! :frownani:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Its not good to lose him, but at the same time... to win against milan is not just about A10 alone.

Mancio can always play the 4-5-1.. like in the CL. Offensive players like Stankovic, Kily, AVDM, Emre. Veron and Ze maria too..... can always be utilized. Cruz or Martins or BOBO can be the Target man. We got quite a squad.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
i have to tell everyone that we shld use CRUZ for this game he will do better
but we have to play strong defense so that we wont concede,bcz if we get a good result we can hope that adri will be back and will do even better,i wish he returned faster
like in 14days
but we have martins and vieri
and one thing
plz remember the year 2003
when just when the euroderby was comin vieri got a serious injury and missed the euroderby
now the same thing with adri
the ONLY DIFFERENCE IS MANCINI IN PLACE OF CUPER
can mancio do better than cuper did
lets wait and see

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Stankovic -- Almeyda
Cambiasso -- Di Biagio
Veron -- Okan
Favalli -- Brechet
Ze Maria -- Helveg

Ya its true... only the coach changed. :)

·
Registered
46,350 Posts
Cruz can get a lot of goals if he receives the type of service he wants. Like any striker who can head the ball, good crosses are needed. However, we're lacking in this area in normal play since VDM isn't really playing. Still, Kily is finding his form and is a great candidate to provide that kind of cross. Also, we have Mihajlovic during set pieces who can deliver.

Cruz will go for the complex interplay on the ground that all our strikers are good at. Usually though, we overdo it and end up losing the ball when we should have played safe. This has actually been a large problem for the last few seasons and longer. The best teams prefer to retain possession and keep it simpler instead of going for the complex passing play in a packed box where the odds are against you.

But what Cruz likes are balls delivered right to his feet on the ground. He will go for the through ball but he prefers the ball to feet. He has more to work with in such a situation and he is very good with his feet as well.

We have the ability to score goals but the players need to be high in confidence. It's unfortunate since Adriano just regained his confidence and he's injured now. But it's also interesting to note that in our last match, all the goals were scored by midfielders and defenders. This isn't to say that the strikers aren't doing their job - Cruz moves very well and works hard for the team.

As for Martins, I might be a bit harsh but I think he really needs to chill and show more composure on the ball. It looks to me as if he's not concentrating enough nowadays.

And I don't want to single him out, but I've noticed him complaining a bit too much when he feels someone else has wasted a play or something.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
well adriano10
dont dig that much at my post,bcz well u can say this too
ADRIANO-CRESPO

but i ment the moral stuff
u see cuper didnt preapare his team good enough so we didnt make it lets see how mancio will do it

only i dont whant i 0-0 draw
i whant a 2-2

:cool:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Adriano10 said:
Its not good to lose him, but at the same time... to win against milan is not just about A10 alone.
That's the right spirit!!! :thumbsup:

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
What's the deal with Inter and injuries? First O Fenomeno and now O Fenomeno wannabe gets injured?
what's up with you guys and this curse?

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Adriano10 said:

Mancio can always play the 4-5-1.. like in the CL. Offensive players like Stankovic, Kily, AVDM, Emre. Veron and Ze maria too..... can always be utilized. Cruz or Martins or BOBO can be the Target man. We got quite a squad.
agree, we should try4-5-1
-----------------Toldo---------------
JZ--Cordoba--Miha---Favalli(ZeMaria)-
---------Cambiasso------CZ----------
Stankovic----Veron---Emre----Kily----
--------------Cruz-------------------

or something like that

·
Registered
46,350 Posts
Man, if Martins is fit, I think he has to be used against Milan purely for his pace which can unsettle them. It also allows more space to Cruz. If you look back to when we basically used to play with one striker under Cuper, Vieri was all alone up front while all the other players (including the other strikers like Recoba or Kallon) were instructed to hold back to launch the counter. Against the tougher defences, Vieri would be pretty much marked out of the game as he just had nothing to work with. The only reason we did well was because of Vieri's instinct for goal (he was very much in form back then) and the ability of players like Recoba to launch the counter.

I say we use Martins and Cruz for the dynamics. Vieri could come on as a sub for Cruz to shake things up a bit if things stagnate.

·
Bobo
4,525 Posts
we need to see all the stars in action in our up coming TIE,this is just not fair.

Forza Adriano.
Forza Sheva.

FORZA MILAN.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
sub-d said:
agree, we should try4-5-1
-----------------Toldo---------------
JZ--Cordoba--Miha---Favalli(ZeMaria)-
---------Cambiasso------CZ----------
Stankovic----Veron---Emre----Kily----
--------------Cruz-------------------

or something like that

12 players :pp

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I say its Pulsar's "where did all the injuries go?" thread that jinxed us this time around :D

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
If the first teamers are available play them
Adriano is out lets deal with the fact and move on

We play Martins and Vieri, or Crespo depending on fitness
In 2003 we started with Crespo Recoba

Cruz i believe will be good for us
Remember last season when we played Juventus, a team who we had not beatan since 1997 or something ridiculous, and Cruz scores for us, and we win 3-1 and 3-2....lot of confusion here, but point is Cruz CAN score

Believe in Cruz

I also think that Eliakwu should be bought back, like Martins proved himself when we had no strikers against Bayer Leverkusen....Eliakwu could provide the speed to defeat Milan

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
--------------Toldo-------------------
--JZ---Cordoba---Miha--------Favalli--
--------Cambiasso-----CZ-----------
-Stankovic-----Veron--------VDM/Kily--
-----------Cruz/Vieri/Martins----------

1 - 20 of 38 Posts