Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday 18th May 2002

Brazilian striker Adriano has professed his desire to stay at Internazionale, despite Roma president Franco Sensi admitting he hopes to sign the young scoring sensation.

"It is my dream to be part of a team containing Ronaldo and Bobo Vieri," said the 20-year-old.

"But there won't be any problems if Inter ask me to leave on loan. I spent most of last season in Florence and it was a very important experience, even if I wasn't able to help the Viola avoid relegation.

"The Nerazzurri directors have my future in their hands. They will decide for me, but I have every confidence that they will make the right choice."

Adriano burst on to the scene at the start of last season. Signed from Flamengo in August 2001, he was thrust into the first-team due to injuries to Vieri and Ronaldo.

He responded with a string of eye-catching displays before being loaned out to Fiorentina in January.

Adriano shone brightly in a Viola side destined for the drop and capped a sparkling season by helping Brazil win the Toulon youth tournament in France.

"I'm extremely satisfied, but very tired," he said. "Winning the Toulon tournament has made me feel very good, but now I need a rest. You always feel proud when you win for your country."

Roma president Sensi admitted earlier this month that Adriano was among his summer targets and Inter counterpart Massimo Moratti has admitted that players will have to leave to fund his own summer shopping spree.

Lazio and Italy defender Alessandro Nesta remains his primary target and any of Gonzolo Sorondo, Emre, Nicola Ventola, Adriano and Clarence Seedorf could be offloaded to ensure Moratti gets his man.

Chievo continue to negotiate with Inter about Bernardo Corradi, who is part owned by both sides.

The Flying Donkeys are expected to win that battle, but lose out in their bid to hold on to Simone Perrotta, who could soon be on his way to the San Siro after an impressive season with the Serie A newcomers.

Okan Buruk, meanwhile, could be on his way back to Galatasaray to team up with former coach Fatih Terim.

·
Registered
181 Posts
WHAT AGREAT NEWS !!
Vieri, Ronaldo, Adriano !!
Great back up for INTER !
Even minor injuries to Vieri or Ronaldo won't damage us at all !
ADRIANO !!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Adriano is amazing! in florence he proved his worth even with a team with endless problems this season. There are rumours that roma are negotiating for adriano - i hope for inter's sake that adriano is kept and developed into an eventual world star. that im sure will happen with some regular serie a and european experience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts