Xtratime Community banner

Adriano back against Lazio!

320 views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  GaGa 
#1 ·
According to Channel4.com Adriano will be fit for fight against Lazio 14th january.

This is great news for us but how should we do then? Should we bench Gila right away or wait until he does some bad games?

I think we have to be fair to Gila. Adriano must fight for a place like everyone else. Sure, he is probably the only worldclass player we have but Gila has done great so far and I see no reason benching him.

The best thing would be to let Adriano play as a starter against Lazio (we can afford this because coppa italia is not worth much) and see where he stands.

#2 ·
But I want Coppa Italia...:stuckup: :D

If you think that bad Prandelli is only looking to get over the 40 points mark so Parma don't get relegated...:tongue:

Adriano will come straight into the squad...and Gila will be dropped...unfortunetly...:(. We must drop 1 of our supporting players to the striker...if Gila is to play.

#3 ·
GaGa said:
But I want Coppa Italia...:stuckup: :D

If you think that bad Prandelli is only looking to get over the 40 points mark so Parma don't get relegated...:tongue:

Adriano will come straight into the squad...and Gila will be dropped...unfortunetly...:(. We must drop 1 of our supporting players to the striker...if Gila is to play.
Yes. Agree. And it would be bad to switch formation when we have played so good with 4-2-3-1. But Gila will have his chance.

#4 ·
I believe we will play with both soon or later. I saw them playing against Metalurg Donetsk in UEFA and there was an OK understanding. Gilardino is a forward who knows what to do. He is not only (like we often say) a new 'Pippo Inzaghi', he's also a player who works outside the penalty area and is often quite useful. He's one of those who can play with another punta together. He can keep the ball well, he can pass or at least he stops the ball and returns back to the midfield. Never something like Carew against Milan. Although it isn't ideal to change our formation it would be better. Gila is so much better and more valuable than Bresc to stay in 4-2-3-1.

#5 ·
Bresciano said:
I believe we will play with both soon or later. I saw them playing against Metalurg Donetsk in UEFA and there was an OK understanding. Gilardino is a forward who knows what to do. He is not only (like we often say) a new 'Pippo Inzaghi', he's also a player who works outside the penalty area and is often quite useful. He's one of those who can play with another punta together. He can keep the ball well, he can pass or at least he stops the ball and returns back to the midfield. Never something like Carew against Milan. Although it isn't ideal to change our formation it would be better. Gila is so much better and more valuable than Bresc to stay in 4-2-3-1.
:thumbsup: :)

#11 ·
WAITING OVER FOR ADRIANO

The Brazilian striker has been called up to the squad for the Italian Cup tie against Lazio. He explained to acparma.com: 'I'm ready. I'm almost fit again but I have to keep training 100 per cent. I think I can play for around twenty, twenty-five minutes or so at Lazio.'

COLLECCHIO- The long wait is over: Adriano is finally ready to return to action after his thigh injury he suffered at Brescia on November 2.

The Brazilian told acparma.com: 'I'm ready to start again. 'I'm ready. I'm almost fit again but I have to keep training 100 per cent. I think I can play for around twenty, twenty-five minutes or so at Lazio. We'll see what the coach decides and how things go in the Italian Cup game on Wednesday.'

Are you ready to get back on the pitch…?
'From this moment onwards I'm back to the coach's disposal. I'm very happy and even though I have to sit on the bench, it will be a special emotion.'

It would be great to get back after the wonderful win over Inter, wouldn't it?
'It was a great achievement for us. The team played a very good game, showing character and determination. The key for our success? The midfield, we didn't allow the opposition to think.'

It has been a wonderful moment in terms of results for Parma, hasn't it?
'We clinched two important victories at the start of the new year; two successes which we could achieve because we are just focused on our work on the pitch, doing our duty both in training and competitive action.'

Parma are just a point away from a Champions League place, have you thought about this?
'We've always said we could have a great season. We don't know our limits, we will keep playing to the final game. A Champions League is something we can obtain as an objective.'

Are you ready to win your place back from Alberto Gilardino or can you both play together?
'Alberto has done really well in these two months. I'm ready to get back but I think he will be the regular in the next few games. However, we can play together, even if it is up to Prandelli to decide.'

What about the game against Lazio?
'I don't know if they are in crisis but they have players who can make a difference. It will be a difficult game but we can have a great game if we repeat how he played against Inter.'

How has been without football over these months?
'This time out of action has been important. It was a particular period in my life, a moment where I unserstood once again how much I'm loved by the Parma public and how they want me to stay. Away from the game, in these days, I have been treated like a special person, fantastic, and I have not forgotten their affect on me. Thank God I have got over this moment and for everyone who has remained close to me in these days.'

#13 ·
Minotti said:
Great to see Adriano back, Lazio will be a good test for him, let's see how it handles it. I don't think he's ready for Serie A though
Adriano half fit can be potent I think...just 1 of his powerful shots scares R. Carlos I think. :D

Anyways yeah I hope het gets atleast half a game against Lazio.:) He will need all the playing time he can get. :groan: If we are to do well this season...don't want to rush the fella but we need him. :tongue:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.