Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The mid to late 90's was a preview of what is to come. I truly believe Juventus has been reloading--not rebuilding. The new millenium has brought in players like Buffon, Trezeguet, and most recently, Ibrahimovic and Adrian Mutu. Proven players in their youths, and blended with the experienced players such as Thuram, Nedved, Emerson, Cannavaro, and the old senators Ferrara, Del Piero, Montero, Pessotto, and even Zalayeta-to a certain extent, make up a very competitive Juventus in the future.

Fabio Capello is the man in charge of bringing it all together at Juve. In the last week--since their ungalactico exit from the champions league-- Real Madrid have been trying to lure the 'ex-everywinningteamineurope' coach away from Juve. Real lost the last two draws to Juve and will lose this one as well. Capello looks foward to reloading Juve and his latest addition--Mutu--has him salivating:

Juventus manager, Fabio Capello:
"He is fast, already knows the Serie A style and has the characteristics I look for in a player.
During his time at Parma he proved what a world class player he is; scoring goals, creating them and putting in some great set pieces.
I am happy with his arrival, especially as he was signed on a free transfer. But above all Mutu is a player who deserves to wear the Juve shirt."

The vecchia signora might not be pretty to watch, but in the Juventino's eyes, its an old lady that gets prettier and prettier. Roll in the champagne bottles--The party is just starting!!!

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Im not sure about rebuilding yet. Yes we have some great players but to say we are reloading doesnt really give the correct indication of our season so far.

And many names mentioned are not young either. Thuram, Nedved, Cannavaro to name a few are not young players. Montero, Ferrara and Pessotto as well...we dont have a young squad considering manys others are nearing their late 20's as well.

We are solid, we have a strong mentality and will to perform under pressure. We do not play great football and we will not break down good defences. Until Capello rectifies this lack of skill or creativity in the team, I really dont see us resembling the team of the mid 90's to late 90's. In fact, I think those teams were way above this current side.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I would not call it a rebuilt but gradually transition whereby the newcomer will come and understudy and eventually take over from where the experience one had left when they retired.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
thats a bif IF...and would you play him in that game anyway? if we have all available, i think he would be the last option considering he hasnt played for quite some time now.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Mutu would be on the bench you have to think, unless he plays in Serie A and starts to perform outrageously and be at 100% fitness.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
when can he play again? does he get to play any serie A games this season?

Wouldnt it be funny if he did come and score the winner in the last minute of the CL final :smileani:

·
Registered
418 Posts
I think he can play in the last 3 or so Serie A matches, which will most definitely be crucial to the title race. Unfortunately we can't face Chelsea in the final anymore, (should we get that far), but it'd still be sweet for him to score for us in the CL final :D

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
hey gray, remove ur custom title,, just that we dont need juve to be jinxed :D

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Juventus are there every year so the team is rarely not amongst it.The club doesn't have a problem attracting the best of players.

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
oh the attraction is there. we just dont seem to be interested enough to get their digits, or take them back to our place. especially the hotties. in the end we seem to stick for the tried-and-true experience factor.

man what i would give for last seasons kaka.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts