Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
59,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last game before the winterstop and one which we need to win to not put us in a somber mood for Christmas. ADO will just like Vitesse come and us and use their physical strength (with guys like Swerts, Bodde) but I trust the players will do the job, but it won't be easy.

I also hope Song will be dropped since playing him basically means we'll need to score at least twice.

Paauwe should make it despite being subbed for an injury on Thursday and I'm also overjoyed to tell you that the ref will be none other than Roelof Luinge! :rollani: :groan: :D

Team I expect to line up:

-----------Lodewijks------------------

Gyan--Saidi---Paauwe---Mtiliga

Castelen--Ono--Pascal--Goor

-----Kuijt--Kalou------

·
Registered
59,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Official line-up

Patrick Lodewijks, Song Chong-Gug, Christian Gyan,
Karim Saidi, Patrick Mtiliga, Romeo Castelen, Shinji Ono, Pascal Bosschaart, Bart Goor, Dirk Kuyt en Salomon Kalou

Bank: Gábor Babos, Thomas Buffel, Ebi Smolarek, Gérson Magrão, Bruno Basto, Gianni Zuiverloon, Wouter Artz

What a crappy defence. Poor Saidi :eek:

Song :frownani: -Gyan-Saidi-Mtiliga

Also no Ghaly :confused: must be injured or has he fallen out with Ruud?! :groan:

Doesn't look good but hopefully our midfield will perform well as we'll need it with this defence

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
C'mon Feyenoord! Last season Castelen was a plague, now at least we've taken the 'angel' out of their play.

Defence indeed looks bad but I still think this is gonna be a 1-3 win for us.

·
Registered
59,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it can still become 1-3, but we're already 1-0 down :( Geert den Ouden

Apparantly he was let free by our dreamdefence and immediately took a shot at the goal according to the radio

·
Registered
59,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, for Zuiverloon whos actually originally a CB. Poor guy, having to defend with such guys round him

·
Registered
59,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well its been coming. We've been lucky to not lose our last 2 league games and reality hit us today.

We'll see the highlights later but what has actually improved this season? we only lost Van Wonderen from our first team and he hardly played in our first team in the 2nd half of last season when we did well under Bert. Same with van Persie. Only Lurling was a bit of a regular. For them we've got Saidi, Goor and Kalou who have all been pluses. Unexplainable how we haven't improved one bit and only been relying on Kalous moments of genius or Kuijts worklust to rescue us.

Instead our defence has turned into a complete joke. Under Van Marwijk, Mtiliga at least looked steady and we at least tried to defend. Now you sometimes wonder what the players do during trainings. :rollani:

Lets see who Gullit blames tonight... :rollani:

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Well, you've nailed it alright Wally. Completely agree with you and combined with the fact that Gullit's 2 previous flings went pretty much in the same way, I honestly hope he gets sacked! Not that it will happen of course, Vd Herik will keep him even now when we'll have to battle for a UEFA cup spot.

Wally said:
Lets see who Gullit blames tonight... :rollani:
Exactly my thoughts! :mad:

·
Registered
59,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you just have to laugh (ironically) at Gullits way of trying to point fingers at everyone except himself during every press conference. It's hilarious :D even Paauwe has more self criticism imo.

It'll take a 360 turn from Gullit to turn us and I can't see it happening with him ala Rijkaard at Barcelona since Frank has money and some sense. Like you said Drulo, I can't see vd Herik sack him even if the misery continues till at least the end of the season, but if Ruud was to leave himself, then the only replacements I can think of are Wim Jansen who basically started the revival at Celtic (though it's still a question mark whether he'll work together with Jorien) , Van Hanegem or maybe just hope Van Marwijk gets sacked soon at Dortmund. He wasn't perfect as we all saw but he at least seems to be an organizer plus I also like him :)

We really did make a mistake in letting Jol go. I know he went to my other club and I'm really happy he's in charge of Spurs since I hoinestly believe he'll do a lot better than Hoddle, Santini and the whole lot, but we had the chance to get him but what did vd Herik think?! he thought he was too fat for a topclub :howler: het is om te janken!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I've seen the match and it was a mess, a complete mess.

You can't blame Gullit when several players lack every kind of soccer know-how. Seriously, this is a mission impossible for Ruud Gullit. Meanwhile every opponent knows our weaknesses in contrast to the beginning of the season but we don't have any better. I thought Bosschaart would become our new LB. Did management really think that we could do the job with players like Mtiliga, Gyan, Song in defense ?

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Well obviously we can't, but didn't Ruud spend the second half of last season scouting players together with his bud Wotte, who's just as guilty IMO. If Ruud was a good coach he would have realised that these players simply aren't good enough. Also, these same players played a whole lot better under Van Marwijk than they do now, so IMO Gullit is in fact to blame.

I just watched the highlights, total chaos is the term that describes it, there's no gameplan and no defense whatsoever, it's a miracle it only stayed 2-0.
I'm sorry to say this, but this might turn out to be our worst season in a long long time.. :(

·
Registered
59,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
monte said:
Shouldn't the turn be 180? :D
yeah it should! my mistake :D I shouldn't write when I'm angry :D

about Gullit, I think part of it is his to blame. Ie: where he critisizes players in public. It doesn't help. On the contrary, it damages the confidence of an already vulnerable player.

But there is a part which he maybe can't help himself and that is he can't communicate. He's apparantly said over and over again that things aren't going well to certain players but it isn't working. Either the players are complete retards or he has the same problem as Glen Hoddle did at Spurs and that is him being such a great player can't work together with such average players. Believe me, Hoddle was a good tactician when in charge of England. He actually made them pleasantly watchable in France 98 and that's pretty rare for an England NT football team, but his man management shortages came apparant when working with the loads of average players he had to come by at Spurs like :yuck: Tim Deadwood :yuck: . Though off course that wasn't Hoddles only downfall. Going back to the point, I see a lot of Hoddle back in Gullit.

Another Spurs - Feyenoord comparison I can make is Shinji Ono to Darren Anderton. I hope it won't come true, but Shinji like Anderton is techincally gifted but they're always injured and all these constant layoffs effected Darrens performances and career on a whole.

Anyways as Ono is out for some time now, I reckon we should call Edwin de Graaf back since we lack legs in midfield and course Pascal would go back to LB. As for the RW, Santi Kolk perhaps might have to be called from Excelsior since Ebi defnitely seems to be going out on loan in January. I fear we'll have to do this since I don't think we'll make any more signings than Bahia and Bandalovski :( unless Jorien opens his wallet which 'will be quite something.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Great result. It could easily have been 3 or 4. Well done by the lads.

:howler:

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Don't say we didn't warn you. ;)

Aren't you bit desperate btw Wally to even see help in guys like De Graaf and Kolk?

A good right- and leftback are still the most important players too sign. Don't ask me who though. It's easy to find better ones then the current ones, but if you really want to go forward...

Still on the market this summer you could have had Cornelisse and Mathijssen for almost free. You could call Bouhlarouz a missed chance too, although back in the summer I must say that I didn't trust him either.

·
Registered
59,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
chivu said:
Aren't you bit desperate btw Wally to even see help in guys like De Graaf and Kolk?

well, if Gullit gets no money in January and he's said he needs reinforcements, then this is how desperate it could turn out to be :groan:

Zuiverloon however looks decent. At least looks more mobile than Loovens ever will be, so we should make use of him more when he finishes his school.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts