Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
59,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After ADO getting new gained confidence after getting their first win in the Zuiderpark last Wednesday, this game on Sunday lunchtime will be pretty tough. Yet if we have the mental capacity to bounce back after the howler on Wednesday, we should overcome them.

Only probable change in the team is Swerts coming in for Song who is away with South Korea for a friendly against Lebannon :rolleyes: and Jean for the injured Van Haaren. Snoyl is still injured btw and so is opa de Nooijer I think so Jean will be the only candidate for the left back spot unless Bert puts Paauwe there and Peter vd Berg in the middle :yuck:

Team to be:

--------------Lodewijks----------

Swerts-Wonderboy-Paauwe-Jean

Smoli--Schreuder-Pardo- Van Persie

------Buffel----Kuijt---------

I'd think its time to bring Lazo in btw (despite the miss against Vitesse) since surely he can finish better than either of the guys we got upfront but I can't see it happening.

·
Registered
59,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another absolute disgrace and actually ADO probably deserved to win the game. We were holding by the skin of our teeth in the second half and had Zoetebier not been keeping so well, we'd have certainly lost. It's clear absolutely no progression has been made and I wonder whether Bert will throw the towel in. Her substitutions were horrid again. Van der Berg in for Smolarek!!, then he tried to get Paauwe back in the centre since he was put on the left after Gyans dismissal by putting Snoyl there. It's clear the players have no belief now and no matter whos fault it is, something has to change. The chemistry has gone.

·
Registered
40,649 Posts
:yuck:

Agree that ADO deserved more than a tie, man as much as we sucked over these last weeks, being outplayed by ADO tops it all.

Vd Berg, what the hell was he doing with that second goal, in the D-tjes we were taught to keep on playing untill you heard the whistle, not a moment before! I've said it before, I'll say it again, he's Stormvogels material and he cost us 2 important points this week.

We clearly should invest in our defense, which is our weakest link. I'm for a 3-5-2, moving Paauwe to DM again and having Pardo and Ono as our 2 creative midfielders. Our strikers are off target but at least they have potential.

Van Persie stuck it to the ADO crowd BTW! :cool:

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Romeo Castelen played absolutely outstanding yesterday. He is by far the most talented ADO player in my eyes and he is my main contender for a good transfer next summer. :cool:

·
Registered
59,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Drulo said:
:yuck:

Agree that ADO deserved more than a tie, man as much as we sucked over these last weeks, being outplayed by ADO tops it all.

Vd Berg, what the hell was he doing with that second goal, in the D-tjes we were taught to keep on playing untill you heard the whistle, not a moment before! I've said it before, I'll say it again, he's Stormvogels material and he cost us 2 important points this week.

We clearly should invest in our defense, which is our weakest link. I'm for a 3-5-2, moving Paauwe to DM again and having Pardo and Ono as our 2 creative midfielders. Our strikers are off target but at least they have potential.

Van Persie stuck it to the ADO crowd BTW! :cool:
Sometimes I wander how Bert could have led us to the UEFA cup. His comment after the game where he said " he wanted to defend the lead in the second half" may sounds logical for an Italian side but our defence is just a shambles. Crazy decision. It was inevitable that we were going to falter if we were to sit back. Our strength lies up front and we should have taken the game to ADO.

DEfinitely need new central defenders. Loovens or Olfers we still have but we'll need one commanding defender to lead them and Paauwe indeed is a bit too error prone to be the main man. I like Zomers from Twente btw. Maybe we could look into getting him. He's still youngish and he at least doesn't have concentration lapses. Other than him I dont see any defender in the eredivisie good enough for us, we'll definitely have to look abroad imo. You have any Eastern European tips btw Drulo? :D I've read a few times that a Romanian called Radoi is being scouted by us but we've done nothing so far.

For the summer I'd get two central defenders plus one big targetman and my eye has fallen on Moescroens Luigi Pieroni whos been bagging them for fun in Belgium this season. Looks quick, strong and he is a good finisher too. The Belgians in the BElgian forum are split about him btw. so maybe it isn't a good idea. Any tips from Eastern Europe Drulo? :tongue:

Prince O, Castelen may indeed make a transfer to a bigger side and we're apparantly in line to get him. Wotte has said that he's interested in him !

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
I thouroughly enjoyed this match. In the end I hoped that ADO would take the full three points.
I'm not a big fan of Castelen. I see more of a Denneboom clone in him. I think it will be a mis-buy if Feyenoord signs him, but did already didn't they?
I think van der Gun and Saavereda are ADO's best players.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
They did. Pretty surprised to read the news actually. I think Feyenoord is the right place for a Hagenees like Castelen. They don't fit in Amsterdam or Eindhoven. I think he fits better at Feyenoord. He is a potentially good player IMO.

·
Registered
40,649 Posts
Castelen reminds me of Taument somehow, also a great dribbler and I'm actually quite happy with this signing. :)

Well Wally I think Feyenoord should do some scouting at the U21 EC later this year in Germany. In group A there will be 3 Eastern European teams present, Serbia, Croatia and Belarus. Plenty of talented youngsters there who would bring more quality to Feyenoord. But I agree that we'll most likely have to look abroad to find good defenders.

Prince-O, you're safe here so tell us, are you really a closet Feyenoord fan? :tongue:

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Drulo said:
Prince-O, you're safe here so tell us, are you really a closet Feyenoord fan? :tongue:
:eek: Well eh.......I ehhh.....:nervous:....uhmmm.....I gotta go ;)

·
Registered
59,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Leaving and deserting us so soon :mad: :mad: Could Prince O be another username of the one and only Super Giggs? :howler: :tongue: :D

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Wally said:
Leaving and deserting us so soon :mad: :mad: Could Prince O be another username of the one and only Super Giggs? :howler: :tongue: :D
Ready to take over XT! :fero: :D

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Prince-O said:
They did. Pretty surprised to read the news actually. I think Feyenoord is the right place for a Hagenees like Castelen. They don't fit in Amsterdam or Eindhoven. I think he fits better at Feyenoord. He is a potentially good player IMO.
Huge rectification from my side. Castelen is not from Den Haag but he was born in Surinam and moved to Amsterdam when he was nine. :eek:

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
When I saw that in the VI I thought about your comments. ;) Did they knew it too at Feyenoord? Or did Gullit just wanted a boy to carry his bags and those of Estelle when shopping in the PC Hooftstraat. ;)

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
chivu said:
When I saw that in the VI I thought about your comments. ;) Did they knew it too at Feyenoord? Or did Gullit just wanted a boy to carry his bags and those of Estelle when shopping in the PC Hooftstraat. ;)
:howler:

It is obvious though that Feyenoord needs Amsterdammers to gain some sort of success. :D :dielaugh:

·
Registered
59,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Prince-O said:
It is obvious though that Feyenoord needs Amsterdammers to gain some sort of success. :D :dielaugh:
nah we rescue them. Ruud always was one of us :proud: the rescue plan will continue as we rescue die hard Feyenoorders from Amsterdam :thumbsup: :pp

and you guys poach Knopper from our youth team, think he's not good enough only to see him thump you guys :pp

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Knoppertje also scored against PSV and that goal was probably more important, so no problemo for me. Although the Van der Gun scenario was better. Against who did he score the 2-2 again? :tongue:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts