Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sale of Parma has moved a step closer after it was confirmed that the club are set to go into administration.

The club’s future was cast into doubt last December when major backers Parmalat were declared insolvent.

That left the outfit with massive debts to clear but Enrico Bondi, the man put in charge of finding a new owner, has proved successful in his bid to put them into administration.

There is now renewed optimism that Parma will avoid bankruptcy as today’s development does have advantages for interested buyers.

The move will now freeze all of the club’s debts which would make an acquisition much more appetising.

Potential new owners would also be guaranteed a competitive team with numerous international players already on their books.

The Gialloblu could also be playing Champions’ League football next season as they are currently in contention to finish in the top four.

Whispers suggest that Bondi has already held talks with a number of interested parties.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Damn it. Now I'm positive about the future. Probably means that I'll be terribly disappointed...

Oh well... I'll worry about that when I need to. Now I want to be full of hope! :happy:

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Antonio Marzano

Enrico Bondi (man he needs to retire that skins hanging on for dear life) :D

A fixer of problems or a Wolf in disguise?

Anways these men are in charge of our future...

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Valdrin said:
I don't understand much of that article, but hey if it sounds good then I'll welcome it :)
Well we are guaranteed Serie A football for next season...a new owner would take-over the club taking on none of the clubs debts...with the money used to buy the club by the new owner Bondi will give proceeds over to the government who are owed the money...Puzzling bit is it is €54m owed but I would think only a fraction of that will be re-paid.

There is also talk that we won't get a new owner but we will keep Bondi as president and fixer upper....and he will stay on to lower the clubs wage bill further which is said to be at the €20m - €25m mark in an attempt to make the whole deal of selling the club as attractive for a new owner as possible...considering all the players and staff took a wage cut so that Parma could get a UEFA license.

Accoring to Gazzetta Di Parma, local entrepreneurs are going to be meeting with Bondi, while interest still remains from two foreign multinationals and a group of entrepreneurs of the Emilia-Romagna region.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi to all again.

If I got it right from another article, this means that our debts towards tax authorities will be frozen for 2 years. The total of these debts is around €50M.

If I recall properly, our debts were higher and I'm not sure what happens with the rest of the amount.
Anyway, good to hear that we'll be able to continue showing our courage and passion in Serie A :cool: :D

By the way, fiscal/tax situation of Lazio and Roma are still not clear ;)

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hazar said:
If I got it right from another article, this means that our debts towards tax authorities will be frozen for 2 years. The total of these debts is around €50M.

If I recall properly, our debts were higher and I'm not sure what happens with the rest of the amount.
Anyway, good to hear that we'll be able to continue showing our courage and passion in Serie A :cool: :D
Well Parma have been delared insolvent...which is what happened to Fiorentina basically only we have been allowed to stay in Serie A and keep our name. The special administration for 2 years is basically protection from creditors etc. Which was really a way round the Agenzie delle Entrate taking the clubs assets and freezing their accounts.

Yes our debt is said to be higher...double what was declared at the end of year accounts last June. But I'm not too sure what's been reported is reliable. I don't know how from €70m it's jumped up to the €150m + region when the clubs wage bill is under €30m per year. The only way I can see that kind of jump is if even the clubs accounts have been fiddled like Parmalat's and in which case really we would have heard some news of the clubs debt being higher due to fiddled accounts rather then what we have now where it's jumped with no reason given.

I think the stipulation was that Parma would be declared insolvent so long as when the club is sold the money outstanding to the government will be paid with the aquisition money. So basically Parma's creditors have been given a :finger: and only the government will see any money.

hazar said:
By the way, fiscal/tax situation of Lazio and Roma are still not clear ;)
Don't count on any news of those club being chased for it...;):groan:

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
That sounds very good, cause it means the club can be saved, but is it really fair?
That's debatable of course but if Parma go bankrupt for real the creditors won't see any money either... It's a case of save what can be saved.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
News

Parma's debts amounted to €309.5m in total in January 31st 2004. This morning the club was declared insolvent by a tribunal in Parma. The sentance was passed straight away in the Chambers of Council. The club is now under special administration under the control and supervision of the administrator of Parmalat Enrico Bondi. Ten days ago it was Bondi who asked for the club to be put under special administration asking the ministry of productive activity, Antonio Marzano to put the club under special administration. After the ok by Marzano, the papers were handed to the Parma judicial court to declare the club insolvent.

---------

jesus.....:( that much.....:dazed: :dazed: :dazed:

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Valdrin said:
WTF?, what does it mean that we're under Bondis control? Can he do whatever the fúck he wants?
Valdrin we have always been under his control...:D

It's just procedure...he gets control of the club again...after it was declared insolvent...

Anyways good news this..we are now...debt free...for how long...who knows but better then having that burden which is a lot bigger then I thought it was...:dazed:

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
romafan53 said:
I think Real sold their training ground or something;)
Yeah but rumour has it they have spent that money and are now back in the red...there is also an open investigation with the Madrid council who are thought to have inflated their offer to help benefit the club...

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Isn't the debt gone for good now? Or else what is the point? €300M is too much for a club Parma's size to ever handle so if it's not gone for good there is very little to hope for.

I thought that this is a form of bankrupcy and thus the debts are gone. At least that's what I hoped it was...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts