Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its amazing game, but once again, i am really sorry to argentina fans. its unlucky day for them, many chance for sorin to score the goal, but today its not for argentina.

i Watch the game when they play against sweden, they lose their spirit, maybe after england beat the "unbeaten team since 2 year
ago".

from the first its bielsa mistake, why he choose caniggia, i think saviola or riquelme its much much better than the old man.
poor coach!!!!
;)

once again, SO LOOOONGG ARGENTINA!!!

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
HOORAY!

Argentina are out of the World Cup! Can't say that they deserve to be still in it, anyway. If they are in the Cup, they can't go about underestimating the 'lesser' likes of Sweden and England, or drop Javier Saviola or Juan Roman Riquelme. Both are much better players than Caniggia, and I rate Saviola as better than Crespo and Batistuta. Only a fool would drop Saviola, but, then again, that's what Bielsa is!

HOORAH FOR SWEDEN!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Well, no doubt its a big let-down for Argentina fans..but its a big blow for the players in the 1st place..also they were responsible of that blow.....

Argentina has the talent and experince to go through but still didnt.
Now whatever the reasons are, what happend has just happend, and the world cup is still alive.

Going to be boring with no Argentina , Holland and France.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Assassin said:

Going to be boring with no Argentina , Holland and France.
I don't agree mate, I think that this tournament has been very exciting, with some great football, some greater shocks and some smaller footballing nations becoming very mature on the world stage. It can only be good for the game.

I am as surprised as others though with some of the outcomes up to now. Not France though, I didn't rate them in 98, and I certainly don't think this tournament will be any worse without them, they certainly didn't live up to anyone else's expectations. Argentina believe it or not, were my favourites to win the tournament, and I expected them and Nigeria to qualify from the Group of Death, not England and Sweden, and it's interesting that there are still some big names that could miss the cut for the next round.

Here's to the rest of the tournament being as interesting as it's been up to now.

That was incredibly diplomatic wasn't it? Must be this headache. Fancy having a hangover at 20.30!!!!

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
WHY should Argentina & France go through purely on reputation? quite simply they shouldnt none of these teams lived up to there apparent hype and failed miserably.

There has been some good games and just because these "big Guns"-(reputation) have gone doesnt mean the competition wont be good anymore.

Good bye Argentina and France..and for the better.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Russell said:
WHY should Argentina & France go through purely on reputation? quite simply they shouldnt none of these teams lived up to there apparent hype and failed miserably.
My old man hit it on the head when I rang him tonight Russ, he reckoned that some teams in this tournament have lost games in the dressing room beforehand, because they think that just pulling the shirt on is enough to win them the game. They forget about playing the game, concentrating for 90 minutes, applying themselves and fighting tooth and nail for what's important, and think that just because they are *****(insert random big team name here), that no-one will have the audacity to beat them. Unthinkable, fancied teams out of the tournament? They'd have to have gone out some time, why not at the first hurdle?!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CarlosTheJackal said:

I don't agree mate, I think that this tournament has been very exciting, with some great football, some greater shocks ...
i totally agree with you Man, the world cup just begin, and will more more and more exciting after the both host nation qualify into the next round. this could be the best and exciting world cup
ever...

just like underdog team, denmark, turkey, ireland rep..and many more..they will make us shock...just wait and see..

once again, DONT CRY ARGENTINA! FRANCE! AND PORTUGAL!
YOURS NOT DESERVE PLAY IN THE SECOND ROUND IN THIS WORLD CUP!

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
At any rate...just to rekindle the "Argentinian" fervor I get to watch River Plate Vs Boca Juniors live here in Miami tomorrow nite..
AT least for a few hrs...the sad argentinians will be away from that elimination in the Far East ...

;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
lazindo, firstly commiserations at having to live in London, that must be terrible for you;) :D :tongue:

Secondly, I'm glad someone agrees (though I expect we're not the only ones...), this tournament has been a real kick up the ar5e for some very big footballing nations. It should change the game for the better. Have you noticed as well that the smaller teams who have been winning/qualified, haven't resorted to unsporting behaviour (unlike teams that have gone out - Argentina and Portugal particularly), and have played the game in an exemplary manner. Mean anything I wonder?

I said in another thread that, despite being England through and through, I'd love to see a Japan v Korea final. From what I've seen it wouldn't be dishonorable to lose to either of those teams....

·
Registered
765 Posts
CarlosTheJackal said:

My old man hit it on the head when I rang him tonight Russ, he reckoned that some teams in this tournament have lost games in the dressing room beforehand, because they think that just pulling the shirt on is enough to win them the game. They forget about playing the game, concentrating for 90 minutes, applying themselves and fighting tooth and nail for what's important, and think that just because they are *****(insert random big team name here), that no-one will have the audacity to beat them. Unthinkable, fancied teams out of the tournament? They'd have to have gone out some time, why not at the first hurdle?!
Your father is a wise man... I am happy that the English in general don't think like him (just read the English posts around here e.g.).
England will underestimate Denmark no matter what. And I am happy cos we are best when we play the role as underdogs :)

Denmark are the underdogs.
England have the most "popstars"

·
Registered
112 Posts
My dad is a very wise man Magic, and I'll be sure to pass on your compliments!

His wisdom comes from being first and foremost a lover of the game of football, and having a long football career himself. He started playing semi-professional football at just 15 years old, a boy amongst men, and finished playing at nearly 50 years old, playing amateur Sunday league, just for the love of playing. If it wasn't for a chronic injury, I'm sure he'd still be playing now at age 60!

When he talks about football, I listen.

As for the England team underestimating Denmark, they will do so at their peril. Thankfully I'm confident they won't do that. England fans may think it's an easy game, but the team won't. Personally, I think this will be England's toughest game of the tournament, and if we get through with a win, we will win the tournament:D

Here's to a good game, and may the best team, and the sport of football win.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have the same feeling as you. The other way round though. If Denmark wins tomorrow I can't see why we couldn't go all the way.

Hope it'll be one of those matches you never forget. Also hope that if we loose that we'll leave the tournament with our heads up high and proud.

I still have some feelings (though many don't think so) for English football as when I grew up we couldn't wait until saturday for the live transmission from England. That has changed somewhat to say the least with all the channels broadcasting football from all over the world - especially when a Danish channel started to broadcast the Italian league in the late 80s and early 90s I fell in love with Italian football. Later on I must say I have been very impressed by the Spanish league when yet another channel started to broadcast from Spain.

Hope that the best will prevail tomorrow too.

Good luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts