Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YSL died at the age of 71 today.
he was a genius of the haute couture.
he said once that the best wear for a women is the arms of a man, for those who don't have a man, then he is here to wear them.

adieu monsieur, you were a genius.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
He deserves all the praise he's gotten in the news today! Unlike many others in the couture business who do trashy things for the sake of experimenting, YSL kept it simple yet it was classy and refined and elegant and glamourous... The dress of roses petals he made for Laetitia Casta was one of the highlights of my teens, I'll never forget it.

Do we know where he'll be buried, Père Lachaise?

·
Registered
55,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
il sera enterré à marrakech. dans sa propriété (que j'ai visité) magnifique! des jardins et des couleurs splendides.

·
Registered
55,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all was perfect in his career.
even the commercials were the most beautiful i ever seen :

·
Registered
55,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think this video give a good idea on what was his conception of the woman, a powerful woman :

[tub]04HP2xh_a4c[/tub]

·
Rookie of the Year 2007
10,003 Posts
I've never heard of cimena, did that smell horrible? :D
I wouldn't say horrible but it was one strong sweet smelling perfume.

Yves Saint Laurent was a genius.

He was also a lover of black models and had many in his fashion shows in the 80's, when it was wasn't the 'in' thing as it is today.

I possess two YSL items....one being the Opium perfume which was a birthday present years ago. And I also have a deep deep red lipstick of his which I haven't used for donkey years. Thinking about putting it on e-bay to sell.

·
Registered
55,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've never heard of cimena, did that smell horrible? :D
you have to know that the YSL perfum are very strong and special.
i mean, if you date with a woman which wear it, you will always associate this perfum with this person. because his perfums are very reconizable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts