Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok not the most stimulating thread I admit. But who do you think creates the better advertising campaigns?

Nike as you know has brought us a new version on 3 a-side football. But should have included Akinbiyi in their commercial.

And the new set of Adidas adverts?

Well this is not a correlation between acting and Italian players; but Del Piero is so much better than Beckham. I watched and really believed DP had just come out of the 'One flew over the cuckoos nest' asylum. Great performance, a natural...

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
I think it's Nike, they've brought us great adverts like the Brazilian airport one, the exploding building and now the 3 a side and I also think that Nike has the majority of better players than Adidas.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
the Nike advert is better but Adidas boots are better.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Nike has so many great adv, not only for soccer, but also basketball and baseball ... not forgot to mention tennis, field track, hockey... etc they're everywhere ...

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Nike by a veritable MILE (or two).

Addidas advert makes no sense at all, and has NO football action at all. The Nike advert makes complete sense (come on, play a secret tournament in the middle of nowhere in a giant steel cage, in the cargo-hold of a giant ship, with 24 world stars playing, and Eric Cantona as ringleader), and has amazing skills on show.

Personally, I think that it can't compare to the advert in 1998, when the Brazil team was held up at Rio, and they have the kick-about. Quality advertising.

·
Registered
292 Posts
NiKe

:lick: :lick:

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think Adidas has relied upon it's reputation far too much, while Nike has taken the initiative to impress the younger football lovers.
Adidas tends to target a more mature (as in age) and nostalgic audience.
And in my opinion, the younger generation tend to splash more cash on sporting goods, so Nike are playing the ad game well.

I still prefer the retro/traditional adidas label.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Nike definitely. It has great football skill, more stars and is just a better advert all round.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Theres a great Pepsi advert screening now. With Buffon, R. Carlos, Petit, Veron, Beckham, Raul and Davids playing footy against a bunch of Sumo wrestlers. I was laughing my A$$ of at this advert it was so funny.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
the Nike advert, but i agree with Mutu the Adidas boots are better!

Nike always seems to do great adverts

Does anyone remember the Budweiser series of adverts from the last world cup, with people around the world talking about football?....well thats one of my favourite adverts ever (the 2 Jamaican guys arguing on the beach about who knew the most about football was just great!)

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
THe NIke Brazil 98 was the best.

But the one of BEckham going into the golfcourse this year is classic!;)

I don't like the new Nike one, it's too dark!:(

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
Teddy Bear said:
the Nike advert, but i agree with Mutu the Adidas boots are better!

Nike always seems to do great adverts

Does anyone remember the Budweiser series of adverts from the last world cup, with people around the world talking about football?....well thats one of my favourite adverts ever (the 2 Jamaican guys arguing on the beach about who knew the most about football was just great!)
"I'm an expert in the field of football" :D classic stuff

Yeah Nike's miles ahead. They stormed in four years ago and cought the european manufacturers cold with their big budget advertising and making the players they sponsor the main act rather than just a photo op. sideshow. Adidas has had to suddenly learn to promote more aggressively. They've still a long way to go. The whole laboratory thing is rubbish. Footballitis or secret tournament? No contest.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Yeah, nike is miles ahead in terms of marketing, but does it really matter, none of you would buy a pair boots based upon an advert....would you?

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Nike adverts all the way, because they have alot of Brazillians like ROnaldo, Roberto Calros, Ronaldinho Gaucho & Denilson on there 3 on 3 tournament commercial. :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
3 on 3 was cool but FOOTBALLISM(futbolizma) series are great. They are so funny and meaningful.

I especially like the one with Beckham who is someone who can not resist nettings. Zidane is the one who can not control his feet. Their studies are very scientific too:) Collina is very charismatic and the one saying that Footballism is contagious.(Rui costa makes a move and everyone copies it, aimar,...)

But still the best advertisements are nike's. The scorpion in your SHOOOOOEEEEE. I feel strange when i see it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Nike adverts are usually impressive.. big stars and fantastic skills on display..

But i thought the Adidas one on Footballitis is quite funny. Especially in the last scene where Beckham is asking for the World Cup trophy from Zidane..

:)

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
HiJazzey said:

"I'm an expert in the field of football" :D classic stuff

yeah thats the one

possibly the most used line during football arguments involving me and my friends :D (which i always win of course ;) )

1 - 20 of 20 Posts