Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deportivo: Munúa; Héctor, Pablo Amo, Andrade, Capdevila; Scaloni, Duscher; Víctor, Fran, Munitis; y Pandiani.
Mónaco: Roma; Maicon, Squillaci, Givet, Evra; Farnerud, Zikos, Bernardi; Saviola, Chevanton y Adebayor.

Another 3-8?! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Ivan Helguera said:
Another 3-8?! :rolleyes:
Looks to be even worse than that. Its already 3-0 at half time :rollani:

I know that Molina, Pablo, Valeron, Luque, etc. are not playing but what always seperated Depor from the rest was that their bench players are as good as the first team, but this year i guess they're playing as bad as the first team too.

At least score a goal for crying out loud !

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Final score 5-0 in the RIAZOR :eek:

This has to be one of the worst overall performance by a Spanish team in the CL, zero goals scored and god knows how many goals conceeded.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Monaco is a good team, but this is out of bounds even if you had nothing to play for and they had alot.

What has happened to Depor this season? By the look of it all- you still have a strong team player by player. How has it all gone sour like this?

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Glen said:
What has happened to Depor this season? By the look of it all- you still have a strong team player by player. How has it all gone sour like this?
Key players gone in the last 2 years (Naybet, Makaay) and some others too old (Mauro Silva, Fran)... and no replacements for them. They didn't signed anyone last summer. The cycle is over, last year they did quite well in Europe, but in Spain they already showed some weaknesses. This year they just began as they finished... tired and old.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Very sad situation for Deportivo, especially if they lose whatever good players they have left this summer. But then again, Deportivo is the type of self-sufficient club that you can never dismiss, just like Valencia. I hope they can be back, strong as before, because they added spice to La Liga.

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
The same team as in 2003/2004 and the fatal play :confused:
But there's compleate stagnation in Deportivo. Before the season only ONE player came into Depo - goalkeeper Dani Mallo from 2nd league Elche. Now new frowards, midfielders nor defenders.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
It is no disaster. There was nothing to play for, Monaco started super-motivated, had the luck to score the first goal and the Depor reserves just gave up, except for Munitis maybe. It's just like the 0-5 against Valencia with the counter-attacks being lethal because the team can't keep defensive concentration (they've given up). I prefer this to a 0-1 league loss.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Why Deportivo sucked so bad against Monaco ? This Monaco don't have Giuly, Dado Prso and Morientes in their team, and still they can butcher Depor down to 5-0 in Riazor. It doesn't make sense...

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
I've heard that Macedonian player Sumulikovski can go to Deportivo, but it's not sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts