Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
44,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I think it's time to give Adem Ljajić a proper thread on XT, it should've been done when I opened the one with Danijel Aleksić earlier last year, but whatever.

Name: Adem Ljajić
Date of birth: 29 September, 1991
Birthplace: Novi Pazar, Serbia
Club: Manchester United (on loan to Partizan until the end of 2009)
Position: Attacking midfielder, winger

Adem Ljajić is a product of Partizans youth school and one of Serbias biggest talents in years. The kid started out his football career at Bajro Župićs (ex Partizan legend) football academy in Novi Pazar before being spotted by another long lasting coach at Partizans youth academy; Dušan Trbojević.

Ljajić developed his qualities and showed the talent when playing for Partizan in international tournaments, like the one in Spain; Mundialito Sub 17 IV Centenario Don Quijote de la Mancha, where spanish papers saw him and were raving about him. MARCA even made a big interview with the kid. He was instrumental when Serbia qualified for the U17 European Championship in Turkey last year, him and players like Danijel Aleksić were standing out most, but Serbia never got a chance to play in the semifinals and wasn't televised because of Eurosports desire to show the bigger countries, yet the crowd and scouts that were on that tournament and saw the games thought that Serbia played the best football.

Now, he was hailed as the "new Kaká", but this is just ridicolous, the kid just like Kaká and isn't going to be the new Kaká.

Adem is now a part of the serbian U19-NT which is trying to qualify for the European Championship this summer. The kid also scored his first goal for the serbian U21-side against Sweden in his first game where he only played the last 30 minutes, making it the winning goal.

He signed a deal with Manchester United today and we'll see much more from him in the future, most likely already in the U21 Championship in Sweden this year.

Napred legendo :proud:

·
Registered
293 Posts
is he muslim?

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
is he muslim?
I don't think so, but I can see why you would think so with a first name like that and him being born in Novi Pazar.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I heard he was muslim not that it matters

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Adem? He might be Albanian muslim as well. Not that it matters.

·
Registered
44,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He's from Sandžak, probably muslim, his fathers name is muslim as well.

·
Registered
10,914 Posts
Yeah, he's muslim for sure.(Bosniak) But obviously he's born in Serbia, so I think he should play for them.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
How many muslims have played for Croatia ?

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Yeah, he's muslim for sure.(Bosniak) But obviously he's born in Serbia, so I think he should play for them.
No he's not. He's just a Serbian Muslim.

Anyway, I don't understand why whenever there's a topic about a Serbian player or Serbia you Bosnian Muslims always have to spam the topics and turn it into a discussion about yourself.

"This player should be playing for our NT"
"Our NT is as good as yours"
"Savicevic, what about Safet Susic"

Every ****ing time. Please if nobody is opening threads about your players and teams, that doesn't mean you should hijack other threads. It's an inferiority complex and you can see what type of reputation your posters are getting on the Wild Wild East forum.

This thread is about Adem Ljajic, the Serbia and Manchester United player so keep it on topic.

·
Registered
8,287 Posts
Take it easy :D

He's interesting for Bosnians because he's a guy named Adem from Novi Pazar who chose to play for Serbia. I'm not sure if you have any other information but to me it seems that he belong to the Bosniak minority in Serbia, which means that he's not just a Serbian Muslim. That's the reason Bosnians visit this thread instead of a thread about Zoran Tosic.

I respect his decision to play for Serbia, atleast he wasn't bullshitting in the papers about what NT to play for. I haven't seen him play but ManU will make a great player out of him.

·
Registered
69,378 Posts
nobody will talk about him because he is irrelevant until he officially gets out of Serbia and actually appears for ManU, doesn't matter if it even is Partizan, one of two clubs who still matter in ex-YU.

Next season there will be better judgement...until then stuff like this is the only thing to talk about....even U17 tournaments don't matter, wish they did, but they don't

·
Registered
10,914 Posts
Guys, how about Safet Susic?

I kid. :D

But HS is right.

Unless you are a generational talent like a Messi, how you get handled from 16 to 23 or so is huge.

·
Registered
69,378 Posts
what I meant he still plays in Serbia, a semi-professional league, lets be honest here.

He could easily be the next big thing and a big time player, but nobody will know until August because he is playing at an irrelevant league. Surely he has the talent as ManU signed him, but really its too early to hype anybody up, especially when he plays at a semi-pro level

Even at the national team level (U17, U19) is not fully professional

·
Registered
69,378 Posts
I wouldn't say one of the worst, I leave that title to Croatia's, Slovenia's, BiH's, Macedonia's....at least Serbia had a team in the CL in recent years and a team which is pretty much constant in the UEFA Cuo group stage.

As I said before, there are only two clubs in the region which matter anymore, and Ljajic happens to play for one of them. The rest lose to teams from Cyprus, Hungary etc.. and it won't get better anytime soon

·
Registered
19,795 Posts
No he's not. He's just a Serbian Muslim.

Anyway, I don't understand why whenever there's a topic about a Serbian player or Serbia you Bosnian Muslims always have to spam the topics and turn it into a discussion about yourself.

"This player should be playing for our NT"
"Our NT is as good as yours"
"Savicevic, what about Safet Susic"

Every ****ing time. Please if nobody is opening threads about your players and teams, that doesn't mean you should hijack other threads. It's an inferiority complex and you can see what type of reputation your posters are getting on the Wild Wild East forum.

This thread is about Adem Ljajic, the Serbia and Manchester United player so keep it on topic.
Did you have a rough day? Have a hug poor soul.
Adem Ljajic is as much Bosniak as Misimovic & co are Serb. Learn to deal with it.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts