Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Few days after the terrible Cupfinal Frans Adelaar left quit at FC Utrecht.

Dutch side Utrecht have been rocked by the sudden resignation of coach Frans Adelaar, who walked out on the club after coming to loggerheads with the board over key decisions for next season.

"We certainly didn't see this coming," admitted chairman Gerrit Bloemink immediately after Adelaar's shock resignation. "We immediately told Frans that this appeared to be a very spontaneous reaction and told him to take some time to think about it and that we would obviously do the same.

"That's how we parted and Frans then informed us later that, after ample consideration, he was sticking to his point of view," he continued. "We then decided that Frans would inform the players after the friendly against Maarssen on Thursday night and that we would announce it to the media on Friday."

Does this have anything to do with the cupfinal or not?

·
Registered
833 Posts
No appearantly there's no money to reinforce the squad on certain positions and he's really disappointed about that. Furthermore, several key players have gained interest from other clubs, Kuyt, Bosschaart for instance.

I can not imagine someone making a decision based on one match in which they were close, but not favourites beforehand.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I heard Utrecht wanted to go to court. They say they lost 200000 euro because of the offside-goal. In football that isn't that much. But for Utrecht it could be something. Especially now Adelaar is leaving....

·
Registered
833 Posts
I now it was a very pathetic goal, but going to court does not solve anything because I have never experienced a referee decision taken back so it is useless. From a Utrecht point of view, this is understandable, but let's try to look broader at this. There have been unbelievably many mistakes by referees and assistents this season I'll give some examples from Feyenoord alone that I can remember right now

Heerenveen-Fey, Vonk torpedoes down VH in the box, no penalty
PSV-Fey (Cup), Faber kicks down a Fey player from behind after already being on yellow, it was red straight away, but not even yellow this time (Jol)
Ajax-Fey, the Mahlas dive, no need to explain:fero: (Jol)
PSV-Fey, v Bommel goes down in the box, absolutely no penalty but it is given anyway (Braamhaar)

Then of course we have the incident at Den Bosch-Nec.

All these decisions have had an impact on the outcome of this competition, a huge impact if you ask me. Therefor I plea for professional referees, who can make a lot of money as far as I'm concerned, but who have to pay penalties if they make mistakes, for instance two weeks salary. This will make them more conscious of the decisions they make. Now the difficulty is, they need to lead a game in which 22 players make more money in one year than a ref makes in his entire life, why is that?

I want well trained referees who can earn a lot of money, as long they do a good job.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would be a good idea. Our refs are crap. Pro's would be an improvement. Also because I have this feeling the refs are a bit horny for exposure and power. During the week they are people with stupid jobs, and in the weekend they are suddenly in the spotlights. If they are professionals, it's just part of the job, and then they won't have their own pressconferences the day after in a stadium in Tilburg.....

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
He guys, this topic was about Adelaar leaving Utrecht, not about the excellent linesman in the cupfinal.

Fact is that Adelaar and technical director Berger not got along well. There was already some trouble during this winter when they were negotiating a new contract, so a real suprise it ain't. A player (Ruud Berger, son of) was loaned out without Adelaar knowing it and the same goes for Roiha who was bought.

Utrecht has a team that can beat almost every team on a good day (and when they play at home), but the material overall isn't that great. So I can understand that Andre Rieu wanted some new blood. Blood that Berger couldn't finance.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Today Adelaar in big lines confirmed my story. The relationship with Berger and the fact that he couldn't buy anyone, while he was promised 2 transfers (he even had to sell a player) were the cause of the break.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts