1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Well done, Pauleta! Now it's time to take it a step further and do us all proud in the WC!

Viva Pauleta!

Viva Acores!

Viva Portugal!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I love that guy! I never seen someone have more love for his birth place than him. Im proud to say he is a fellow acoreano

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
i love to hear those things...makes me proud even though I was born here in T.O...i can never lose my culture...when people ask what nationality i am i say....I AM PORTUGUESE....born in Toronto...I wonder if Pauleta would mention Rabo de Peixe, Sao Miguel next time????;) :D :D

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's allot of Acoriano's in TO! I know a few in Missaussga and my I have and aunt and uncle and cousins in Richmond Hills!

...and why do you's keep milk in bags:D

Rabo Peixe is like the ghetto of Sao Miguel, the only new thing about Rabo Peixe is where you get robbed!:D Actually it's nice now they rebuilt the whole part near the water and Rabo piexe is really nice now!

Any of you's know Vila Franca do Campo?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
yeah the greater Toronto area is the hot bed of Acorianos....just like Fall River....

hey Alcatraz..is Rabo de Peixe really the ghetto??? ha ha ha...i've never been to the Acores.....for my honeymoon i went to the Algarve, but would love to go see the "ghetto" where my parents are from....that's funny as hell....my uncle actually used to own a soccer field there where when you kicked the ball over the fence it went into the ocean....maybe pauleta played there;)

Vila Franco da Campo??? that sounds familiar for some reason...

i personally try to hold onto my blood lines as much as possible, maybe i'll make my kids get the coat of arms tattoo like me????:D
funny for a guy who was born in Toronto, who's portuguese is less than desireable, and has only been to portugal on his honeymoon...nonetheless i bleed portuguese....

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
OGOLO said:
I love that guy! I never seen someone have more love for his birth place than him. Im proud to say he is a fellow acoreano
Pauleta happens to be very good childhood friends with my first-cousin Manuel. They were both heavily involved in the church as children. My cousin Manuel is very well respected throughout the island and he meets up with Pauleta EVERY summer. Pauleta also built a summer cottage in my dads town 'Agua Retorta'.

They normally have a Churrasco Bar-B-que somewhere in the Vila de Nordeste (where my mom's from). He talks about this like it's no big deal.

I told him I'd love to meet Pauleta next time I'm in the Acores and he says it's no big deal. :eek:

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dulce68 said:
The Azores aren't just S. Miguel. There are 8 other islands ;) :D

Viva as nove ilhas dos Acores ;) :)
Yes you are right! You can't forget the other 8! I have allot of friends from Pico & Teceira!

About Rabo de Peixe it is not as bad as it once was it's actually very nice now it just has a bad rep for some reason!

I guarantee Pauleta played in the campo in Rabo Peixe, before he went to the Continent to play for Estoril he played for 2 clubs in Sao Miguel. He played for Sao Roque's teams where he is from in Ponta Delgada and then I believe at Santa Clara before they were even 2nd div. team!
-------------------------------------

Squiggy, I never knew that their are Portuguese in Chicago I'm sure you are a minority over there, no? I knew a Acoriano kid from Ohio but his parents only moved out there cuz they bought up some Dunkin' Donuts! He eventually moved back here to Beantown but he had a horrible accent he pronounced all of his R's!!!

Squig, is your Mom Portuguese too? & BTW if you see Carmine the Big Ragu or Lenny tell them to "sit on it"!:D

·
Registered
270 Posts
I visited Sao miguel for 3 weeks at christmas time 2 years ago and I stayed at my in-laws house who by the way live in Rabo de Peixe!!

It was very nice but being there for the very first time in my life, It took me a while to get used to it!!

Nonetheless, I enjoyed my visit and ate some really good fresh fish!!!

Viva Acores

Remember, God created 2 kinds of people in this world!!!!

Chops and then everybody else!!!

:D :D :D :D :D
Good Luck Portugal 2002 world cup

1 - 13 of 13 Posts