Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far we've only seen a few goals (3?). Normally the Africa-cup brings us naieve but attacking football. Why do you think it's different this time.

Is it because African players have learned tacktically how tro lock up a game or is it more because of the horrible condition of the pitches?

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Seriously, I have no clue.. I read some article about this on BBC and they lean towards the "African defenders are becoming better" side..

But to some extent the strikers are bad too, very very poor finishing.. Plus the stadiums are really really aweful !!

Best examples of the poorest finishing you ever saw:

Nigeria vs Algeria (Both sides)
Tunisia vs Zambia (Tunisias finishing was aweful)..

Also for Egypt and Senegal.. Goal scored by a defender and wasnt even a result of a good build up.. Just some confusion in front of the goal.. If you looked at Diouf for example he wasted an easy one on one, okay our goalie rules but even excellent keepers cant do a thing about it most of the time.. Also our attackers failed to get rid of their markers and couldnt do a thing..

All in all, its more than one factor. All I want is for more goals to come in the 2nrd round

:)

·
Registered
330 Posts
its a disgrace man
!!!

far too many dull goalless draws :eek: :sleepy:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Sabry,

The Algerian players are the worst finishers in the history of the beautiful game. This poor finishing has always cost us games, and the mediocre managers we get year in year out at the helm of the National team don't help it either.

An Algerian player to watch is Saifi (who plays for Troyes in the French first division). Technically, he's awsome, but one has to tell him not to lose the ball too much :(

I also beleive that Tunisia, dubbed one of the best teams in the our continent, is going out of the competition prematurely :D

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Dont go hard on your players. Although currently I am not a big fan of Algeria (I dont believe any Egyptian is :tongue: ), I rank Algeria as third best in the tournament entertainment wise.

Both games against Liberia ande Nigeria should have been won by Algeria as they were the domnating team for 90 mins.. But your defense simply is a bit too poor and sometimes your finishing is under par.. Otherwise the team can make it to the semis if they ever get past the group stages..

Saifi is simply great.. Its true, this guy has alot of future ahead of him..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts