Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which player (who isn't a worldstar yet) do you expect to shine in this editition of the Africa Cup?

I go for
Aruna Dindane (Ivory Coast)
Moumou Dagano (Burkina Faso)

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
- Wael Goma (Ahly and Egypt center back - if Gohary gives him a chance to play :rolleyes: )

- El Hajj Diouf (Senegal's striker, I am not sure if you consider him world class yet or not, but surely watch out for him)

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Tunisian and Ajax defender Hatem Trabelsi will cement his place as one of Africa best in the next 3 weeks.

Ivorian and Esperance striker Kodena Traore will show his skill and deadly ability and will likely get his much coveted oppertunity in Europe.

Lastly another Ajax player who just may take the entire tournament by storm is Ahmed Hossam a.k.a Mido. Only 18 but already a deadly striker who's skills have been defined at Ajax.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Nigerian left back Ifeanyi Udeze. He is the starter over a certain Celestine Babayaro. ;)

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Nigeria's forward Aigebiny Yakubu. was a starter against Algeria Yesterday and was pretty good from what i've read and watched.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Seydou Keita of Mali! So far so good for this chap. I saw him in Ghana 99 and Nigeria 99 (both Under 20 championships of Africa and the World respectively)

Inspiritational player. Surprised he's only playing for Lorient in France :rolleyes:

Aghahowa! he's doing well so far.

Sammy Adjei of Ghana. Excellent young keeper! One definitely for the future!

Rafik Saifi, the slick Algerian attacker! Very troublesome to defences.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Bibo of Egypt. I've heard a lot of positive things about this player. I expect him to show-off his wares WELL in Mali

Fadiga, Ndiaye and Ferdinand Coly of Senegal will all do fine.

Bakayoko of CIV. Those guys who want goals should look for this guy. As long as the Ivory Coast can proceed past the group stages, expect Ibrahim B to rattle the net a couple of times.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
M. Diarra of Mali has also been quite good so far this tournament as could be expected by the followers of the Dutch league.

BTW: does anybody know for which club Bagayoko from Mali plays for?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts