Another west African battle

Accra, 18:00 CET

Egypt vs. Ivory Coast

re-match of the previous final

Kumasi, 21:30 CET

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
So basically no surprises there, the 4 big dogs of Africa make it to the semis. Both games should be close ones with no blowouts, im tipping Egypt to take the Ivorians by surprise but lost to Ghana in the final.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
DARK ANDY said:
Essien VS Drogba
A fanboy would see it like that but both squads have proved in this tournament that they are much more than two names.

I don't have many doubts that Ivory Coast will beat Egypt because the current champions have been quite unimpressive and the Ivorians are on fire. The other semi-final is more tricky to predict. It is true that Ghana showed a huge heart against Nigeria but so did Cameroon against Tunisia. If Eto'o is inspired it may well be that the home crowd will not be enough for the Black Stars.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
I also do think it'll be Essien vs Drogba, not from a fanboy perspective, but because I think that Ghana will struggle their way past Cameroon, like they did v. Nigeria. Ghana has what it takes to go the extra mile in this tournament. Although I am a biased guy, everybody could see that Nigeria was in command of the game until let's say minute 65, but then Ghana came back due to straight willpower. They will beat Cameroon, with good football, or otherwise by battling.

IC vs. Egypt is a great game, between the best 2 teams out there. Although Egypt has been very good so far, I cannot but think that the IC puts, squadwise, every other team in its shadow. Defence, midfield, attack and bench is great for the Ivorians.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
I don't have many doubts that Ivory Coast will beat Egypt because the current champions have been quite unimpressive and the Ivorians are on fire.
These words could haunt you, mind you, we won our last 2 games vs the Elephants ..

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
It will be close no doubt but Ghana vs Ivory Coast seems logical to me.

Cameroon have actually convinced me less then Egypt;who despite missing their two big name players :D Have pulled together as a unit and have shown great organisation to do just whats needed to progress so far. Egypt have a squad made up of players accostumed to playing together and will no doubt put IC to the challange. Still the Elephants will look to take revenge on the Pharoes.

Ghana have the detirmination to do whatever it takes to please the home crowd; motivated and yet the home crowd is a double edged sword. If Ghana fail to put their chances away-which happens quite often due to how ineffective their forwards are Cameroon can efficantly break them apart-ala Brazil.

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ghana vs. Ivory Coast

83.33%

·
Registered
44,343 Posts
It's been a pretty dull game so far.

You can see how tough it's for Ghana to go forward without Essien playing in midfield. They don't get the distribution and simply have to rely on 1-on-1's most of the time.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Rigobert Song is having a great game tonight.

Cameroon have no threat going forward, the midfield is bypassed for long aimless balls into space that Ghana recieve, then turn into another attack.
It's just a matter of time before Ghana score.

I feel the only way that Cameroon can score is from a dead ball situation.

·
Registered
44,343 Posts
Nkong gives Cameroon the lead.

What a sub!

·
Greta joke sharer
22,634 Posts
1-0 Cameroon...nice play... :lick:

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Cameroon with a classic counter attack, 1-0.

For the first time in the match, Cameroon string a few nice passes together, split the defence, and the forward finished cooly.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
An amazing chance for Agogo, a free header but he powers it over the crossbar.
A real chance wasted by Ghana.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts