Monday, 4 February 2008

Kumasi
EGYPT vs ANGOLA

Tamale
TUNISIA vs CAMEROON

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Ghana to win if they manage to finish off their chances-it's a bit difficult for Ghana since there is huge pressure on them with fans not helping by threatening players from the National Team. Nigeria are the underdogs lacking expirance in midfield and failing to impress in the group stage; but they still have their chances.

I would be suprised if Guinea manage to beat IC; simply put Guinea are complete under dogs in this match and IC showed in their 3 matches in the Group stages that they have probably the best squad in this ANC.

Egypt face an easy tie against Angola and I think the way they have been playing they should progress. They have a ballanced team and alot of expirance playing toghether.

Tunisia against Cameroon is a good tie; it's a very even match but Cameroon with their slow start will surelly switch gears now. This match is a bit too close to call.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
I normally love when Ghana play against Nigeria but Nigeria basically have nothing to lose where as Ghana does. Losing against your biggest rivals, in your own tournament, in your own stadium will just be too much to take.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
I think Nigeria will come good and beat Ghana.

Angola will not be an "easy" tie for Egypt.

Ivory Coast look to have the best draw.

Cameroon to edge out Tunisia.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ghana, Ivory Coast, Angola and Cameroon to go through.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
gr8 Cup

Egypt will be crown Champions

·
Registered
44,343 Posts
Nigeria has to step up if they want to beat Ghana because it won't work the way they've been performing so far. That's why I hold the hosts as favourites in this tournament and I still think they've got a better team than Nigeria, but anything can happen.

Ivory Coast has the easiest opponent in the quarterfinals, at least on paper, but Guinea has been solid so far (besides the first game) and they do have some interesting players who can shock the Elephants, but I still think it's going to be a very one-sided game, hope I'm wrong though.

Egypt should be considered favourites against Angola, but they've both played good so it's going to be another tough match-up. Egypt just has to shut down Flavio and I think the rest will work out nicely.

Tunisia and Cameroon is a open game and it's going to be tough for both teams. This is one of those game that can head to ET and end up in penalties. They're quite close.

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Egypt 2-1 Angola, we'll concede first then turn it around
Cameroon 3-1 Tunisia
Nigeria 0-0 Ghana, Ghana winning after a shoot-out
IC 2-0 Guinea, Drogba with both goals

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Ghana, Ivory Coast, Egypt, and Cameroon to go through

Ivory Coast vs Egypt
Cameroon vs Ghana

Final:

Ghana vs Ivory Coast - the Ivory Coast to win the 26th ACN

and a re-match of Egypt x Cameroon for 3rd place, with the lions having the edge this time around.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ghana have looked like potential champions and well Nigeria haven't looked like really being able to contest against the bigger teams. so Ghana to take it by 2 goals to 1

Can anyone beat Ivory Coast, they have looked awesome, some the best football ever played in the ANC, they will take it easily. Guinea are a good side but they don't look like the same side as soon as Feindono isn't playing.

Egypt should win quite comfortably but with Angola you never know

Tunisia should be able to beat Cameroon, they have a strong side. Cameroon have very little to watch if eto'o has a bad game.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great atmosphere at the stadium, 100% commitment from both teams, lots of excitement and box to box football...that's the ACN for you! :lick:

1 - 20 of 97 Posts