1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Second Place Winner February Photo Contest
2,631 Posts
Definitely. Luxemburgo is an accomplished coach, maybe he's just the right man for those primadonnas at Real.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
i have just read that!! really amazing!! i hope that works for him!!!

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
he had just signed with Santos for another season :D

hahaha poor Santos :devil:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
voka_gsw said:
Definitely. Luxemburgo is an accomplished coach, maybe he's just the right man for those primadonnas at Real.
Why? Can you tell us about his style? Which is his character? In Spain, we already know about his achievements and failures, but we don't know anything about him, as person and as coach.

·
Administrator
30,826 Posts
I Bet you just want his failures :)

Luxemburgo is good in planning the season, his teams will never have unfit physically players and if someone got injuried or leave the team he is quick to have replacement.
He can also deal with stars because his teams have good attacking philosophy (however, as myth, he never left behind the defense, always starting in the middlefield. I want to see how he will deal with the more clean game in europe - less fouls). Usually he is good to build a team that will give back structure to allow the attack to work.
He is direct and have the great quality in my opinion, to make the group to believe in the higher victories. He puts in the team head the personalty and the ideal to fight for titles.
He is not that wonderful tatically - often his teams play with a 4-4-2, with two more offensive middles helping the attack and the full backs attacking a lot. He is a bit of star himself, arrogant, complaning about everything but himself, ingenous conspiracies theories and is a bit of hipocrite. This make him have several clashes with players and very dominating president of clubs.
Between ambition and arrogance, He may be everything Real needs or just more flame to the galacticos.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
He is arrogant, he is hypocrite, he is VERY limited in his cultural level but he is a winner. He can work but he can also only add fuel to the fire, like JCamilo said. Only time will show.

·
40,147 Posts
JCamilo said:
I Bet you just want his failures :)
I don't really care much about his past failures, but I wish him a lot of them in Spain :D

Luxemburgo is good in planning the season, his teams will never have unfit physically players and if someone got injuried or leave the team he is quick to have replacement.
He can also deal with stars because his teams have good attacking philosophy (however, as myth, he never left behind the defense, always starting in the middlefield. I want to see how he will deal with the more clean game in europe - less fouls). Usually he is good to build a team that will give back structure to allow the attack to work.
He is direct and have the great quality in my opinion, to make the group to believe in the higher victories. He puts in the team head the personalty and the ideal to fight for titles.
He is not that wonderful tatically - often his teams play with a 4-4-2, with two more offensive middles helping the attack and the full backs attacking a lot. He is a bit of star himself, arrogant, complaning about everything but himself, ingenous conspiracies theories and is a bit of hipocrite. This make him have several clashes with players and very dominating president of clubs.
Between ambition and arrogance, He may be everything Real needs or just more flame to the galacticos.
Well, I'm sure that he's not a bad coach, but he is going to depend on the ego of the galacticos. It seems that Ronaldo and R. Carlos like him, but I wonder what Raul, Figo, Guti and Beckham are going to see him.

IMO, Florentino has created a "monster" with so many mega-stars in the squad and Luxemburgo will have to learn how do deal with this "monster". The Brazilian NT has a lot of stars too, but it's different, because wearing the Brazilian shirt must be the first thing for them. I've never seen anything like Real Madrid, too many "ego's". As you said, he may be what they need or just the opposite.

Actually, Camacho supposedly came to teach them "discipline, unity, work and profesionalism" (as Luxemburgo said in Madrid this morning) and Beckham, R. Carlos and Raul "killed" him in 3 matches. Let's see what happens. He has no time to plan the season though, his season starts 13 points under Barcelona, so he won't have an easy life.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
This was undeniably surprising – not due to Luxa's professional competence, which has been proven repeatedly, but because one would hardly expect that his (predictable) leap to European football would begin at a team of Real Madrid's stature. But it's a pity to see some of our best managers, like Scolari and Luxemburgo, following the footsteps of our players.

I don't sympathize personally with Luxemburgo, but he's an unquestionably successful manager. He may not be able to "fix" their team in time for Real to win this season's league, but I do believe he'll improve RM.

·
40,147 Posts
Garrincha said:
I don't sympathize personally with Luxemburgo, but he's an unquestionably successful manager. He may not be able to "fix" their team in time for Real to win this season's league, but I do believe he'll improve RM.
I wonder how much time he has. All the Brazilians posters talk quite well about him, but he's unknown in Spain... I mean, we've heard about him, but for the average fan Luxemburgo's name doesn't sound as big as Capello, Lippi, Wenger, etc. He'll have to make his own name here and his initial situation is not good nor calm.

·
Administrator
30,826 Posts
That is bit unfair notion about south-americans and brazilian having just the great players and not great tatical and management capacity. Luxemburgo is a good coach and kind of, the last chance of Florentino's Hydra to resist Barca's Heracles is a powerful shot, not just a pretent to be coaches, etc. Luxemburgo is such correct attempt. Right now the chances of the Galaxy to crumble is still big but now they have the possibility to shine.
Of course, You are right. The egos may explode, the fans may see this a brazilian protection, will Raul get along with someone who will in theory favor Ronaldo ? Etc,etc.etc.
(I must say that Camacho was supposed to do it, but frankly is like asking Robin to do a Batman job. Luxemburgo in other hand have such firepower)

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
JCamilo said:
He is a bit of star himself, arrogant, complaning about everything but himself, ingenous conspiracies theories and is a bit of hipocrite. This make him have several clashes with players and very dominating president of clubs.
I can close my eyes and put Van Gaal under this description wth no problems:eek:

·
Registered
922 Posts
he changed the club 2 times, one in 97 and other now...yeah he gave us a title but, **** him, the president called him to that...
I hope to see Pepe in santos if muricy dont go to santos, pepe NOW together with muricy is the best for santos

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
has Van Gaal actually helped players improve their game? What I can think about him is getting rid of players that are not working, while I have seen Luxemburgo bring players back to the top

Vampeta
Ricardinho
Alex
Robinho

I have a feeling this might happen to Raul soon, also on a side note before joining Cruzeiro he spent months in europe looking for a club to coach, he went to several games and I´m sure he knows a lot about players there. Not as much as someone who have worked there for 10/20 years but he is not clueless on La Liga.

·
40,147 Posts
JCamilo said:
That is bit unfair notion about south-americans and brazilian having just the great players and not great tatical and management capacity. Luxemburgo is a good coach and kind of, the last chance of Florentino's Hydra to resist Barca's Heracles is a powerful shot, not just a pretent to be coaches, etc. Luxemburgo is such correct attempt. Right now the chances of the Galaxy to crumble is still big but now they have the possibility to shine.
Of course, You are right. The egos may explode, the fans may see this a brazilian protection, will Raul get along with someone who will in theory favor Ronaldo ? Etc,etc.etc.
(I must say that Camacho was supposed to do it, but frankly is like asking Robin to do a Batman job. Luxemburgo in other hand have such firepower)
Wait... I didn't say anything about the South-American or Brazilian management capacity. Actually, we've had some Argentinian coaches in Spain and some of them triumphed. Brazilians... I can only recall Parreira, right after the WC 1994 and he failed in Valencia, but as you can guess, I don't have an opinion about the Brazilian coaches only based in this fact.

For any reason, in Spain we didn't see many Brazilian coaches and the ones that the average fan know, are the ones that won something with the NT. Anyway, in Spain there is a general feeling that Brazil won in 1994 because of Romario and not because of Parreira... and also in 2002 for Ronaldo and Rivaldo and not for Scolari. In any case, I don't have an opinion about them and less about Luxemburgo. In Spain, the Argentinian league has some coverage, but not the Brazilian league, so our knowledge about your football is low. I know that Newells, Velez and River fought for the title until the end in Argentina, but I don't know who finished 2nd after Santos in Brazil.

Why is it this way? I don't know, because the matches of your NT are normally broadcasted on TV, but the league... so do not take it as lack of respect for your coaches, it's just ignorance. The Spanish fans can't easily know about the Brazilian league.

Probably you're right about Camacho. I've never liked him, especially when I had to "suffer" him in our NT. Maybe Luxemburgo is better, I can't deny it because I don't know him... but this is the problem, even if Camacho is 100 times worse, he's a symbol after all. Camacho is loved by the madridismo, he was a great player and their fans really respect him (at least, until he resigned). Camacho had all the support of the fans. On the other hand, Luxemburgo is totally unknown here, he's not a symbol and he doesn't have the "glamour" of Capello and the alikes, so the fans won't be so patient with him. I wonder how patient Florentino will be with him. So if he's really good, he'll have to show it soon, because RM is not giving 2nd chances lately.

·
40,147 Posts
Liternit said:
has Van Gaal actually helped players improve their game? What I can think about him is getting rid of players that are not working, while I have seen Luxemburgo bring players back to the top

Vampeta
Ricardinho
Alex
Robinho

I have a feeling this might happen to Raul soon, also on a side note before joining Cruzeiro he spent months in europe looking for a club to coach, he went to several games and I´m sure he knows a lot about players there. Not as much as someone who have worked there for 10/20 years but he is not clueless on La Liga.
As barcelonista I could talk only shit about Van Gaal, but let's be fair with him. Van Gaal made Ajax European Champions, playing a great football with a lot of young talents and he was the one that gave the chance to good players like Xavi or Puyol. I've seen the best Rivaldo playing with Van Gaal, the best Figo, the best Luis Enrique,... so he may have his mistakes, but Van Gaal is not the worst coach on Earth.

Van Gaal's problem is that he's a dictator and he believes in the system above anything else. So he didn't like players like Rivaldo, who are pure imagination and very anarchic. The problem is that his "style" may work in Amsterdam or the Northern European football, but not in the latin football. In Barcelona, we like "anarchy", we like Rivaldo and his tricks... and that's why the Brazilians feel comfortable here. Van Gaal was the one that didn't adapt to a new culture.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Then Luxa is the opposite, at least when it comes to flair football Luxemburgo is all for it, but it also has to have a purpose. It has to be flair with the objective to score, not entertain simply.

About brazilian coaches, it was a matter of time before they started using them in Europe. There are good coaches here just like in any country that has tradition in football, just like was a matter of time till european football realised we also have good defenders and goalkeepers.

And as for Parreira failling in Valencia, I did not follow it back then so I can comment on it, but he was never a brilliant coach and his style was never pleasing. He likes too much to play the possession game as he thinks thats the best way to defend, having the ball, so you get a game with a lot of passes that are not very objective. Pretty much how RM plays lately (and it worked well before their downhill, they could hold the ball passing around and in a second find a open space in the defense)

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
JCamilo said:
He is a bit of star himself, arrogant, complaning about everything but himself, ingenous conspiracies theories and is a bit of hipocrite.
Cool just like Arsene Wenger ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts