Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Academica with a win over Moreirense and 5 point lead with two games to go, almost in the I liga.
In the last three years we got in the I liga Belenenses, Setubal and Academica, teams with a lot of tradition in the portuguese soccer.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
It will be good to see them back in the top flight again :) The question is....can they stay there??

But its good to see the 3 promoted sides from last season all survive the drop - Santa Clara , Varzim and Setubal have all done pretty well to consolidate their place in I Liga.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Two years ago we got Belenenses, Pacos de Ferreira and Beira-Mar look were they know.
Varzim is not safe yet.

Week 33
Gil Vicente vs Salgueiros
Varzim vs Maritimo

Week 34
Salgueiros vs Varzim

standings
15. Varzim 32 pts
16. Salgueiros 27 pts
17. Farense 25
18. Alverca 24 pts

A win by Salgueiros in Gil Vicente and Varzim losing at home to Maritimo then everthing needs to be decided in the last game.
With Varzim, Setubal, Santa Clara, Pacos de Ferreira, Belenenses and Beira-Mar in the last two years promoted to the I liga it means the II liga will have 6 teams that played in the I liga three years ago.

·
The One and Only
1,650 Posts

With Varzim, Setubal, Santa Clara, Pacos de Ferreira, Belenenses and Beira-Mar in the last two years promoted to the I liga it means the II liga will have 6 teams that played in the I liga three years ago. [/B]

Assuming that Estrela Amadora doent come up again

They also still have a chance

M

·
0 Posts
Hopefully they will!! Give me chance to put my Estrela Amadora shirt to good use!

·
The One and Only
1,650 Posts
Here is the story going into the last week.
..............................| W | .L. | .T. | PTZ
1st Moreirense..........| 18 | 08 | 07 | 61
2nd Academica..........| 16 | 06 | 11 | 59
3rd Nacional.............| 17 | 08 | 08 | 59

4th Estrela Amadora | 16 | 08 | 09 | 57

Final Games

Academica - Naval
Nacional - Felgueiras
E. Amadora - Moreirense

HARD FINISH

Felgueiras Have to win to stay in the 2nd Division
So Nacional will have it hard

Estrela Amadora must win to have a chance
They still can catch Academica or Nacional.

Who will be playing the Big 3 next Year___?????

M

·
0 Posts
I'd like to see Estrela and Academica come up with National! i think that providing they survive next season they can go to do well!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Manuel you miss the only team that is in the I liga Moreirense.
Moreirense-5-Nacional-1
Felgueiras-3-Academica-1
Maia-1-Estrela Amadora-2

1. Place Moreirense 61 pts
2. Academica 59
3. Nacional 59
4. Estrela de Amadora 57

Academica most win at home in the last game to be a sure of a spot in the I liga.

Espinho a ex I liga lost today to Ovarense and will be relegated to the II Division.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Damnit, I was hoping Moreirense wouldn't get promoted. I didn't want to see another team from the North in the 1st Liga.

Don't get me wrong, I am not one of those people who believes in that North/South bullcrap. Rather, I prefer to see all regions of Portugal represented in the top flight. For crying out loud, my region hasn't been represented in over 12 years (last teams: Sporting Covilha/Academico Viseu)!

With Alverca and Farense relegated, that means that next season the southermost team on the Continente will be Setubal. That means we'll have no teams from the Algarve, Alentejo, Ribatejo, or Beira Interior in the 1st Division. :(

That said...Força Briosa!!!! :fero:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You right Moreirense is not from a big city. They like Desp Aves, Felgueiras, Penafiel, Pacos de Ferreira, they wouldn't last. I rather see teams like Academica, in the first division.
Do you know the colors of the equipment for Moreirense?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Frank Cunha said:
You right Moreirense is not from a big city. They like Desp Aves, Felgueiras, Penafiel, Pacos de Ferreira, they wouldn't last. I rather see teams like Academica, in the first division.
Do you know the colors of the equipment for Moreirense?
I believe they have a green and white checkerboard shirt. Also, I think their town (Moreira do Conego sp?) is a suburb of Guimaraes.

PS - Forgot to mention it earlier this week, but welcome to the forums, Frank! It's much better over here than at BS, ain't it?? ;)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Your correct they are a copy of Boavist uniform in green.

First time for Moreirense? I don't remember theme been in the I Liga.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Moreirense joined the II Liga this season and are now in the I Liga...that was QUICK and well done! Lots of respect!!

That talk about do not wanting Moreirense in the I Liga just because them being from north and you like to see teams from all the regions is bullcrap! Académica, Nacional and Amadora were the ones close to be promoted with Moreirense. Nacional represents another region yes and that would be alright altho Madeira is represented by Marítimo in the I already. Académica is from north/center, consider it center if you want, I don't care.Amadora is Lisbon region! So? I figure you perhaps consider Lisbon region does not have many teams in the I so you'd be happy seing another one in there.Yeah, you call it decentralize!:rolleyes:

Moreirense are from Moreira de Cónegos and wear green and white alright and that's their first time ever in I yes (give me a good reason to not congratulate and welcome them!!), and they are the II Liga team that has more merit for this excellent job!Go Moreirense! That was fantastic!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts