Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From http://www.acparma.it

Gianluca Falsini returned to the Tardini on Thursday, ready to grab his second chance. The former Verona defender feels he is back in the fast lane after taking the B roads through Gualdo, Monza and Padova - provincial outposts where he rebuilt his career after the disappointment of being released by Parma in 1995.

A key figure in the Verona success story, Falsini can now look back on his first spell at Parma with the benefit of hindsight. As he did during his introductory press conference, which was attended by Gialloblu directors Enrico Fedele and Fabrizio Larini.

"When I played for Parma the first time, I was very young, and although I think I have retained my attacking instincts, I would say that I have improved physically and in terms of tactical awareness."

Falsini is especially grateful to Bentegodi chief Claudio Prandelli - "who believed in me" - and to Verona, the club that brought him back to Serie A following promotion in 1999. "I had two good seasons there," affirms the 24-year-old. "But I also have to thank Parma, who gave me my first break in football, and who are giving me another opportunity to play among great players, and I have everything to play for."

According to the player, his prime asset could be his versatility. "I play predominantly as a full-back, but I can also play in a wing-back role, and I'll be looking to do my best in any role. I know there's a lot of competition, but I chose Parma over Inter as I think there will be more of a chance to improve here."

Which suggests more first-team opportunities for Falsini than last time round, when he was shown the door after a single Serie A outing. Here's hoping.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts