Well i would prefer this though

-------------------------Abbiatti---------------------------------
-----------------Laursen-----Maldini--------------------------
----Contra------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------Ambrosini------------------Serghino
------------Seedorf---------------Kahka---------------------
----------------------Pirlo--------------------------------------
-------------Sheva----------Pippo/JDT----------------------

This howefer would be to risky for carlo he would play a 4-3-1-2 thats more defensive and alot older an more out of form
CARLO'S TEAM:

-----------------------Abbiatti-------------------------------
---Helveg---------Chamot------Billy---------Maldini-----
---------------------------------------------------------------
----------Gatusso-----Ambrosini------Serghino--------
-----------------------Rui Costa-------------------------
------------------Sheva-----Pippo/JDT-------------------

Lav

·
Registered
793 Posts
Last time I was on the AC Milan website Billy was not listed as a player - we haven't agreed a contract with him, so he may not be back next year.
If the current postulated transfers go through (Seedorf/Iuliano - they aren't formal yet and we should never count on these things before they're signed sealed and most importantly, delivered) I see Milan as:

Abbiati
Contra - Iuliano - Maldini - Kaladze
Gattuso - Ambrosini - Serginho
Pirlo
Shev - Inzaghi

If Iuliano doesn't come, Laursen replaces him. Maybe Rui instead of Pirlo, but I think Pirlo should be given the chance - it's his spot to lose.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Mine would be:
Abbiatti
Contra--Iuliano---Maldini--Kaladze
Seedorf(Gattuso)--Ambrosin--Serginho
Pirlo
Sheva--Pippo

·
Registered
5 Posts
Among all the available players at hand, I would prefer this lineup for AC Milan for the coming season

**********************Abbiati*********************

**Helveg/Contra*** Luliano***Maldini***Kaladze***

***Gattuso/Ambrosine***Albertine ***Serghino/Seedorf***

***Rui/Pirlo***

***Shev*** ***Inzaghi/Tommansi***

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rezag, Laursen is a good defender but needs time to get to Milan's standard. Laursen lacks ball control and prone to many mistakes. Playing teams with very fast attacking machines, any mistake from a defence would cost that very team a disaster. If for no reason, I decided to play another formation different from my previous formation

**Contra/Helveg** Luliano**Maldini**Kaladze (1)

I would rather prefer

**Contra/Helveg ** Luliano **Costacurta**Maldini (2)

If for granted, we happens to get an additional left wing defender, I would replace Kaladze in (1) and if on the other hand, we happens to get another central defender, I would replace Costacurta in (2). The second would be the most ideal for the coming season if and only if we happens to get a high class central defender like Nesta, cannavaro, Stam, Lucio, Thuram, etc.
I want to say for sure, if Juventus have decided to get rid of Luliano, a very good central defender, they must have got someone better than him, that they dont want to say officially for now and I am guessing that player is no one if not Nesta or Cannavaro. They have sealed one of those two for now.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
---Helveg---------Chamot------Billy---------Maldini-----
----------Gatusso-----Ambrosini------Serghino--------
-----------------------Rui Costa-------------------------
This? probably..... :depress:

It would be much better with this-
---Contra---------Laursen/Iuliano------Kaladze---------Maldini-----
----------Gatusso/Seedorf-----Ambrosini------Serghino--------
-------------------------Pirlo-------------------------

Iuliano and Seedorf are only in there if we buy them of course, and Laursen was very very good with denmark. Rui Costa, as much as I hate to say it, just isn't going to do well here and Pirlo needs to play. The future of the midfield is Ambro Rino Pirlo and Donati, although I really couldn't fit Donati in the line up.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
juldeh said:
Rezag, Laursen is a good defender but needs time to get to Milan's standard. Laursen lacks ball control and prone to many mistakes. Playing teams with very fast attacking machines, any mistake from a defence would cost that very team a disaster.

I would rather prefer

**Contra/Helveg ** Luliano **Costacurta**Maldini (2)
are u joking

Laursen makes mistakes

man u are something, and then u talk bout speed and put billy in the lineup

HELLO billy cant run at all, my grandma with a broken hip would give him a good race

Lav

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
ACM Squad for 2002/2003

We are cutting down our squad to 23 men according to Baldy Galliani. Here is our current squad so far.

1. Abbiati
2. Ambrosini
3. Albertini
4. Aliyu
5. Ba
6. Brocchi
7. Chamot
8. Contra
9. Costacurta
10. Domoraud
11. Donati
12. Fiori
13. Gattuso
14. Helveg
15. Inzaghi
16. Jose Mari
17. Kaladze
18. Kutuzov
19. Laursen
20. Maldini
21. Pirlo
22. Redondo
23. Roque Junior
24. Rossi
25. Rui Costa
26. Sarr
27. Seedorf
28. Serginho
29. Shevchenko
30. Simone
31. Tomasson
32. Umit

The ones in bald are those that could be sold and those in italics are on loan in from another club. Seven players are in bald which would cut the list down to 25, IF they are all sold. We would still need to lose another 2 players, and considering that we might buy Iuliano from Juventus, thats another player that must go. This is my list of how I reckon our squad will look.

So it looks like a few players are set to leave, with not many coming in. I'd expect Ba and Jose Mari to be sold for sure. Simone could stay though considering Jose Mari might go. I don't know whats happening with Umit, but there is a chance he could go too. Brocchi and Donati could also be sold, but there isn't much chance of that. Costacurta has been rumoured to leave the club too. Maybe Aliyu might be loaned out too.

Overall, a lot of players are going to have to go in order to cut down our squad and wage bill. We don't really need these players and it will be great because we will no longer have to worry about their wages and we will also get some money from transfer fees. This will help a lot in erasing our current debt.

I'd really only expect Iuliano to come in to the squad now. We have done fantastic so far I reckon because we have signed Tommason for free and he is good, as shown by his 4 World Cup goals. We swapped an unused Coco for Seedorf, who has potential and is only 26.

I reckon we should do alright this season and we have a very good chance to win the Serie A. Champions League? You never know.

;)

·
Registered
166 Posts
My Milan Dream Team:

_____________________Abbiati

___________Contra_____Laursen______Maldini

____Seedorf______Gattuso______Ambrosini____Serginho

___________________Rui \ Pirlo \ JDT

_____________Inzaghi____________Shevchenko

I know... VERY unlikely

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
BIG,
What do uyou mean by very unlikely ... if this is your "dream" team thwen we have it ... if you mean that Carlo will never play with such a offensive minded formation then I would say he is right ... you have only 2 TWO real defenders - Lauresen and Maldini ... this is crazy and in Seria A you will be severly punished ... But if you put one more CF like Iuliano instead of Gatusso then you will have the chance to go from 4-3-1-2 to 3-5-2 in teh course of the game. And I think Ambro is enough for the deffensive role besides both Seedorf and Serginho can cover not so bad. Still it si not that likely with carlo ...

·
Registered
166 Posts
It is my MILAN dream team.

And the very unlikely part isn't the players it the coach like you said, Ancelotti would never play an offensive tactic.

I still miss Terim!:depress:

PS. On a whole nother topic note that only juldeh and Sebastian have put Albertini in there team. He has passed his best a long time ago, put Ancelotti will probably start him in every match because they played together... hell, we'd even start costacurta if he'd hadn't had his injury.

·
Registered
185 Posts
the ac milan tactic will be

abbiati

defender- defender -defender- defender

def winger -def midfielder- def midfielder-def winger

sjevtjenko pippo

I think they will be out in the first round of the CL and maybe fourth in the serie A if they have a good season!

inter is better
juve is better
roma is better
lazio will be better
ac milan is in the same league as parma

·
Administrator
11,759 Posts
justaboy said:
the ac milan tactic will be

abbiati

defender- defender -defender- defender

def winger -def midfielder- def midfielder-def winger

sjevtjenko pippo
I think they will be out in the first round of the CL and maybe fourth in the serie A if they have a good season!
inter is better
juve is better
roma is better
lazio will be better
ac milan is in the same league as parma

Here we go. Another addition to the growing Xtratime family:D ;)
The only problem with the above lineup is that we don't have four def midfielders:tongue:

·
Registered
426 Posts
__________________Abbiati_________________

_____Laursen_______Maldini________Kaladze___

____Contra____Ambro____Pirlo____Redondo____

____Tommason____Shevchenko____Inzaghi_____

Offense is the best Deffence

1 - 17 of 17 Posts