Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was obvious Inter are tanking Serie A and focusing on CL. So That leaves Inter out of the equation of Serie A title IMO.
This is why Milan is cheating. The last few games of Milan vs Fiorentina, Bari and Chievo all involved referee mistakes.
Roma is not Juve or Inter, They are weak politically. So Milan are having their way of cheating into the title.

If Milan win the title, they will be the most undeserved winners of all time.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Well, Juve fans should know best what winning a title by cheating feels like, after all you did it numerous times...

·
Registered
34,454 Posts
His trying too hard to point out his a Juve fan, so therefore i think his some anti-juve poster, double account.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
For once, Goal.com has a relevant editorial that I agree with

Calcio Debate: Inter Must Win Serie A; A Milan Scudetto Would Make Italian Football A Laughing Stock

For the first time in four years there are two teams vying for the leadership with 10 games left to play. So why is Kris Voakes not entirely enthused by the first post-Calciopoli title race?

So we finally seem to have a title race. The one thing we’ve all been bemoaning the lack of since the pre-Calciopoli years (sorry Roma fans, but 2008 doesn’t count, and I’ll explain why later). The key element which this very columnist said was the only thing missing from an otherwise excellent season of domestic football in Italy last time around has suddenly been added to the landscape with two months of the season left. Surely we’re all on the edges of our seats now, right? Well, maybe not.

This should be a time when everybody is breaking down the final 10 games for the Milanese giants, trying to fathom exactly where either of the sides may drop points. It should be a moment during which the papers are ready to run features on the key superstars who could swing it this way or that between now and May 16. The problem is, it’s anything but that right now.

Instead we have a team who, with some justification, have been vilified and ridiculed in equal measure at times this season sitting just a single point away from the summit. A club so riddled with problems that ugly, unconvincing home victories against struggling opponents are heralded as amazing feats of fortitude and endeavour in a bid to cover up the countless cracks which are widely evident to all who glance at them for more than two seconds. Either that or such performances are held up as supposed proof of a serious title challenge, which this simply is not.

I just cannot get excited about the prospect of this Milan side lifting the Scudetto come the season’s end, as much as the Italian game needs someone other than Inter to win it sometime very soon. With Alessandro Nesta out for the remainder of the season, the Rossoneri are left with one of the most appalling defences ever fielded by one of the top three Italian clubs. They have a multitude of full-backs, but none of them are of any use, and with Thiago Silva looking increasingly unable to lead the defence in Sandrino’s absence, there are huge gaps on show in every Milan defensive performance these days.

And I’ve not even started on the Diavolo’s midfield and attack yet… In summary: Gattuso’s legs have gone, Ambrosini only puts in great shifts in fits and starts, and Pirlo has been strolling through too many games of late and needs to either play higher up, where he could cause more damage, or not at all if there is to be an injection of pace from midfield. Oh, and Clarence Seedorf is a subject I’ll save for a rainy day… I don’t have the column inches to start that topic here!

Andrea Pirlo | Not one of his better seasons

Ahead of them are Borriello, who, to borrow from Goal.com’s Carlo Garganese, turns slower than a World War I tank, Ronaldinho, upon whom Milan rely far too much and who doesn’t produce with anywhere near the consistency he once did, and Pato, who, to be fair, has played well when he’s been fit, but needs to start more centrally to produce his best.

So they have a raft of poor goalkeepers, having released the one shot stopper – Marco Storari – who has produced a string of good performances this season, a frankly rubbish defence, a lethargic midfield, and an increasingly predictable attack which relies on the genius of Ronaldinho and Pato week after week. This side’s current placing is amongst the biggest black marks against Italian football on the field in a number of years. At least when Inter made a non-event of the 2006-07 campaign by chalking up 97 points at a canter, it was a good side that lifted the trophy at the end of the season. An awful start by Roma and an utterly laughable Juventus decline (sorry Bianconeri followers, but it’s true) have left this Rossoneri side as Inter’s closest challengers. Last Wednesday the whole of Europe got to see just how poor the Diavolo are, and yet they could be crowned Italy’s best come May. Has Serie A really gotten that bad? Or is it football in general which has fallen below the mark of late?

Now that Inter are going through their worst run since this time two years ago, their city rivals have suddenly become pretenders to the throne… at least on paper. In February and March 2008 the Nerazzurri picked up only two wins in eight, allowing Roma to gain ground momentarily, before eventually clinching the title in the last half-hour of the season away to Parma. But that was never really a title race. For one, Roma gained ground very late in the day. And also, that run-in was all about Inter’s failures rather than any great success from the capital club.

There is a fairly similar look about the Scudetto right now, with the champions having won only one in six since February 7 and facing a difficult trip to Palermo at the weekend. But how much their poor form is down to injuries, suspensions, Jose Mourinho’s touchline ban, their Champions League participation or Mario Balotelli’s strops is unclear.

What is clear is the need for them to return to their best sooner rather than later. At least that way, if Milan are to pip them to the championship, they’ll have to really earn it. But if the current trend continues and the red and black side of the city is celebrating in 10 games time having stumbled their way past the Nerazzurri, it will be a sad day for Serie A.
I think Goal.com is right on this one. Milan just isn't up to par. Half their squad is injured, and they've been poor against big teams. The only thing that Milan has done well this season is beating little teams (which admittedly is pretty significant in terms of winning the league).

Milan wouldn't be so close if Mourinho doesn't get suspended for 40% of the games.

·
Registered
46,132 Posts
Milan wouldn't be so close if Mourinho doesn't get suspended for 40% of the games.
I used to read the same comment about big players, not about coaches (whether they are big or not).
Inter lost twice to Sampdoria in the past year even if Mourinho was there to do his job, so you don't need Mourinho to be suspended in order to lose, maybe you simply need one game every three days in order to choke in the games you care the least (the game with Chelsea was definitely more important than the game with Catania).
Bah! Inter fans' Mourinhomania is one of the dumbest things since XT exists. :stoned:

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
What a dumb article. Goal.com should be banned from the Internet. It's Inter which are more of a joke because for all their hugely superior squad to anyone else, their lead is so small.

If that's true, Inter players should retire from professional football, they should be able to win without Daddy Coach guiding them every second from the sidelines. WTF is wrong with Inter fans, you'd think a team has never won a game with their coach is banned, when in fact 95% of the time it doesn't matter at all.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Faxing the Scudetto to Inter by default the year of calciopoli made Italy looks extremely stupid. Milan winning it this year is nowhere near that, but it will point out that Serie A isnt what it used to be, but that is the case quite regardless if we win or not.

·
Greta joke sharer
23,631 Posts
Faxing the Scudetto to Inter by default the year of calciopoli made Italy looks extremely stupid. Milan winning it this year is nowhere near that, but it will point out that Serie A isnt what it used to be, but that is the case quite regardless if we win or not.
No it didn't. Noone even gave a crap about it. Except for some Milan fans who felt that they should have received the faxed Scudetto in Inter's place.

For most others the cheating part of Calciopoli overshadowed everything else, making whoever got awarded the Scudetto a pointless sidenote.

So, if I may be so blunt as to say so, I think that the cheating made Italy look extremely stupid.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
acm are always stupid, with that sort of Owner, Lab, purchases, fa-- no, never mind.

people, with common sense, will know acm cheated their way to the scudetto, if that happens.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Yes, clearly Inter deserves to win the Scudetto this year (and every year), otherwise someone is cheating. Nice attitide, stick to FM where you can live out that little fantasy :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
people, with common sense, will know acm cheated their way to the scudetto, if that happens.
That's rich coming from an Interista :howler:

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
I skimmed through the goal.com article and I find it ridiculous how the real reason behind Milan closing the gap isn't mentioned.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
No, you beating Fiorentina, Bari and Chievo thanks to lucky refereeing decisions.

That's the only way you can be so close to a team which raped you twice.

Milan is the easiest team we faced all season, I wish we played you more often..

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Too bad you players play without hunger, only the brutality born from the sense of entitlement (that you fans seem to have to). Noone is denying that Inter has the best squad this year, it is not even close.

If, against all odds, you loose the scudetto race, it will be for failing to beat the likes of Catania, Genoa, Sampdoria, Napoli and Parma. If you still need an excuse after these failures, by all means blame us, it is what we expect of you.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
No, you beating Fiorentina, Bari and Chievo thanks to lucky refereeing decisions.
And yet you forget how you beat Palermo, Fiorentina, Chievo and Udinese thanks to extremely lucky refereeing decisions. Not to mean the two games vs. Chelsea...

Oh well, nothing new there...

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Too bad you players play without hunger,
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

You kidding me?

If this Inter side has anything, it's hunger and determination.

I'm not one to dwell on refereeing decisions, because these things tend to even out in the end, however it's only reason Milan are so close to Inter this season. It has nothing to do with some perceived lack of hunger only you can see.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts