Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your opinions. The traditional AC milan is now replaced by a goal-scoring German-slaughtering war machine.

I fear them greatly. Probably a lock to go all the way and meet Barcelona in the finals of the Champions League and maybe win it all if it's their day. Opinions?

·
Registered
505 Posts
They are certainly great and have pulled themselves back into the trio frame (Barca, Juve, Milan) replacing Chelsea. They have what it takes to get to the final but first avoid the other 2 in the CL-Holy trinity.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Any of the teams when they play to their best are capable of winning the trophy, I have not seen Milans performance yet though.

Remember last year though when Milan played home to Depor and won then got slaughtered on the return leg.

All teams left are big teams. I think Juve are probably the most reliable and sound team to go through.

Barca and Milan on their day will also beat most.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True, I think they are probably a lock to win the entire tournament besides Barcelona. I wouldn't be suprised if they can rest a few players along the way, b/c their depth is so large that they can easily win in the QFs without playing some of their key players.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Whoooah, Whoooah...... If history has taught us anything else than it's that ACM always Choke against sides supposedly lesser than them, PSV (well, almost), Liverpool and Deportivo are prove of that.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Borruma II said:
Whoooah, Whoooah...... If history has taught us anything else than it's that ACM always Choke against sides supposedly lesser than them, PSV (well, almost), Liverpool and Deportivo are prove of that.

I disagree. I believe they have gotten over their chokejobs. Moreover, they usually are at a medium form when they play those chokers.

Right now, Milan are unstoppable. I wouldn't be suprised to see them beat Juventus who is very weak by several goals in the derby, and moreover, challenge them in the Scudetto race. I can also see them easily squashing any opposition they have in the rest of the CL knockout stages. Only Barca might cause problems.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
well...while everyone's focused on games with chelsea,barca and real...ac milan calmly deals with bayern and then moves on to the quarters...a job well done

·
Registered
23,873 Posts
Edd 'LVS' Juve said:
They are certainly great and have pulled themselves back into the trio frame (Barca, Juve, Milan) replacing Chelsea. They have what it takes to get to the final but first avoid the other 2 in the CL-Holy trinity.
What, I would not fear Juve. Barcelona is a toss up, but Capello is owned by Ancelotti. I would also like to avoid Lyon and Inter. Arsenal is okay, Benfica I don't know...

maradona10 said:
Remember last year though when Milan played home to Depor and won then got slaughtered on the return leg.
Two years ago. Two finals in two years, it is not a coincidence.

But we have no godgiven right to reach the final or even proceed to the next round, we just have the capability.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Milan had a very good game tonight, and is one of the favourites to take home the whole damn thing (as I've said before, long before this strong result), BUT the result against Bayern is a bit misleading. Not because they were not better, but because 2 of Milan's goals came from very amateurish mistakes by the Bayern defence. Milan didn't dominate Bayern as much as the result show, and I even believe that Bayern created more chances then Milan did tonight.

Nevertheless, it's ALWAYS a very big thing to beat Bayern 4-1, so it's very well done.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Very impressive and imagine if Sheva had scored the penalty. I hate Oliver Kahn, total ******, no class whatsoever and he showed that when Sheva missed the penalty. Really should have been re taken because look how far the **** was off his line.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Adnan said:
Pulsar are you trying to jinx it for us? :frustrat:

We stand a chance but are far from being the favourite to win it. :undecide:
I believe AC Milan should be no. 1 favorite to win the CL after their display today. That's all I'm saying. I'd personally add in that to me, it would be more of a suprise if Milan doesn't win it all then if they do.

·
minasstr f posterior
10,246 Posts
wow just awesome...i saw juve yesterday and thought that no one cud do what they did but man milan are just so freakin classy ........i cant wait for the juve-milan clash this sunday ....these 2 teams have done all of italia proud and now i hope inter dont spoil the party

·
Registered
505 Posts
fats said:
wow just awesome...i saw juve yesterday and thought that no one cud do what they did but man milan are just so freakin classy ........i cant wait for the juve-milan clash this sunday ....these 2 teams have done all of italia proud and now i hope inter dont spoil the party
Amen
Barca are the only barrier to an all-italian finale

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Hasuni said:
Milan had a very good game tonight, and is one of the favourites to take home the whole damn thing (as I've said before, long before this strong result), BUT the result against Bayern is a bit misleading. Not because they were not better, but because 2 of Milan's goals came from very amateurish mistakes by the Bayern defence. Milan didn't dominate Bayern as much as the result show, and I even believe that Bayern created more chances then Milan did tonight.

Nevertheless, it's ALWAYS a very big thing to beat Bayern 4-1, so it's very well done.
Bayern only pressured us a bit in the end of the first half, after Dida's mistake. In the second half they mostly produced chances from set pieces and many of them came when we were already 4-1 up and Bayern had to go all out attacking and we were satisfied with just soaking up the pressure and letting time run out. But even then we had the clearest chances to score more goals(2 chances for Seedorf).
The result is not misleading at all.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
jushua said:
Bayern only pressured us a bit in the end of the first half, after Dida's mistake. In the second half they mostly produced chances from set pieces and many of them came when we were already 4-1 up and Bayern had to go all out attacking and we were satisfied with just soaking up the pressure and letting time run out. But even then we had the clearest chances to score more goals(2 chances for Seedorf).
The result is not misleading at all.
We disagree then. :)

I didn't think you outclassed Bayern as the result indicates.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts