Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Us fans, I am working on getting us the information about Milan playing some games in NYC next month. As soon as I have actual dates, etc., and when I find out if it is going to be the first team, I'llpost the info. Here's what I have so far:

The information is that we will play 5 games since 10th to 23rd May
At the moment there is not a schedule of games
ciao
AD

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
Is it Cristmas time ... WOW ... just brilliant . Of cpourse I am interested and even more so to do it together ... form a small but vocal xtratime Milan fan section at the Giant stadium ... fantastic, hope it is true ...

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
:howler:

OK... let me get this straight...
AC. Milan will finish the serie A campaign on Sunday the 5th of May.... then they will travel across the Atlantic to play 5 games in the U.S; await Trappatoni's (and all the respective NT coaches) call-ups, hurry off to gather in Italy (and around) with their teammates, and jet off to Japan/Korea ?
Giving the NT's about a week before the start of the tournament ?

I don't think it will be the starters, and actually- I really find it hard to believe that this will happen altogether. Who would you send ? And wouldn't everyone not attending the WC want to cut back and relax.. get a good long vacation ?

Abiatti, Maldini, Laursen, Helveg, Gattuso, Albertini, (Ambro ?), (Serghinho?), Rui Costa, Pippo.
That's 10 very likely WC players and I have no clue if Moreno has a shot at going still + I've propably forgotten someone.

It sounds a bit odd to me.

Ciao.

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Isnt RJ anymore a Brazilian international? And ümit will be in turkeys squad aswell. So at least another one that would be missed. Yeah, it sounds not very likely for me aswell, not between WC and end of season... why should they do such a thing anyway?

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Nope, I dont care about seeing Milans primavera team on America tour ;)

I just think Glen raised a very valid point :)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
i wish INTER came to California in May...just right on my birthday... :D:D:D

:eek::eek::eek: wishful thinking though... :eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
775 Posts
Thanks

I hope they will learn alot Milan Team..

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glen, I was also a bit doubtful about which squad would come over b/c of the timing and I am having my friend check for me, however he's very doubtful it's all the first team. He says by then most of the NT players would be with their teams preparing for the World Cup. I will keep people posted, I willpost dates when Angelo sends them to me.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To the Italians it's NYC. They always ask "Oh do you live in NYC?" Once I was asked if I lived in NYC or LA....like there's nothing else...

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
Splurge said:
haha yeah i know, same thing in portugal....
they also think everyone carries a gun here....haha
Which happens to be the truth in 99% of the cases :D :D :D Or not? ;)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Great one Amo!:howler::dielaugh:
The average Joe in North America barely knows what Europe is...and their general geographical knowledge is just similar to the general level of schooling in N. America which is way behind than in Europe. I can speak of personal experience, i went to school in France and in Canada. What we did in say, grade 9 or in grade 10 in France, students are learning in grade 12 or 13 in Canada. I presume it should be the same in the US than in Canada, if not lower.

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
Payman,
with all due respect all these presumtions are simply just ... presumptions. The way the average American probably doesn't know where Europe is the same way the avarage European thinks that the avarage American doesn't know where Europe is ... you see, both come from the same level of ignorance and snobism probably. I am the last one to be an Advocate for the US (since I study and work in the field of human rights violations and internation law) but still after spending some time over here (though I admit it is simply NYC and this is not exactly America) I happen to change my mind of "how stupid or ignorant" Americans are in general. I study with Americans, I went several times to American schools and other Universities and though they do have lots of problems over there (which they openly admit) kids are kids every where you go. So, plese save the general categorization. I am not blaming you but simply share my openion that we should be more open-minded and not pay so much attention to our personal biases.

Just an example - with the risk to break the no-politics rule I can easily, EASILY kill you with jokes and statements of how stupid the French are after the today's first round elections. But I won't ... will save it for the next week :D :D :D ;)

·
International
8,545 Posts
Since Payman is bashing this great country called Canada, I'm sure you can find the time to check the UN Human Development Index which includes indicators for education through literacy rates.

I concede that the average Canadian doesn't know all that much about the rest of the world....but maybe it's because we concentrate more on our own country and if you check the last 10 years of the index, I don't think you'll be laughing at Canada.

So for anybody who wants to poke fun at Canada, just look at the index over the last 10 years and you'll see that the joke is on you;)

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Don't read into what I said something that was not there.

I merely find it amusing that it seems Milan will be playing in the 2 cities most of our players visit the most.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Bono and Ivo,
I am not making fun of the US or Canada's education level. I am just saying what i have experienced personally while studying in a canadian highy school and university, compared to a French one. I can tell you for a fact, if you want, i can even send you proofs of it, that for exemple, in Mathematics, what the students in Canada study in great 12 or in grade 13, in France, we study that in grade 9 or grade 10. In France, I was lousy in Maths, when i came to Canada, they put me in grade 11. I had one of the highest averages in the class. I couldn't believe me eyes. Another thing i've noticed is that, in Canadian schools, in history or geography classes, the programmes are more focused on Canada and North America, with very little subjects on European history, let alone World history. In France, we study extensively World History, from grade 6.

Bono,
I totally agree with on the fact that there are unfortunately, a lot of moroons in France seeing the result of yesterday's elections. I'm simply speechless and as gutted as it gets...

NO TO LE PEN!:yuck:
ALLEZ CHIRAC!:)

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
Jusp appeared on the official cite

"MILAN – The USA-tour organisation is still in progress. Until now there three matches are scheduled: on May 11, AC Milan - Ecuador in New Haven, Connecticut; on May 16, Metrostars - AC Milan at the Giants Stadium in New York; on May 19, AC Milan - Messico in Pasadena, California. If the kids don’t have to play the extra tie, they will leave on May 9; the departure would otherwise be postponed (to May 14 probably).
All the matches of the USA tour will be broadcast by Milan Channel."

So, just one thing ... I don't know about you guys but I will be in 16th with a Milan T-shirt on at the Giant stadium ... just no question about that !!! OLE OLE OLE

1 - 20 of 46 Posts