Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just opened a new game with AC Milan on CM 01 02

in the past when I was pretty much a CM noob Milan was a team I always wanted to coach but ended up screwing up with.

Anyway, that being said I found a new formation to use with Milan that works pretty well. A sort of modified 3-5-2 if you will (I used to use the original 3-5-2 back in the day but as you probably well know that formation sucks in the CM universe).

Basically what I have done is change a 3-5-2 into a 2-3-3-1-1

GK Abiatti
DC Laursen
DC Maldini
RWB Helveg - arrowupx2
LWB Serginho - arrowupX2
DMC - Gattuso
MC - Davala
MC - Albertini
MC - Donati
AMC - Rui Costa - arrowdiagnolrightx1
FC - Shevchenko

I know this lacks alot of Kutuzov and Maldini is absolute shit in this game but their are certain players I have a hard on for personal reasons :D

I have currently won my first 4 games in Serie A very comfortably and two of which were against Lazio and Fiorentina

It seems to me you can use wing-backs effectively in this game as long as you use two centre backs, three central midfielders and one defender.
Apparently this confuses the shit out of the CPU lol

I will upload screens soon..

·
Registered
44,288 Posts
I played the fvck out of CM 00/01 and Laursen had amazing ratings there. Once I bought him (for Inter and for a big sum too), he was pretty terrible. Let me know how he turns out in the long run.

Another big disappointment for me in that game iirc was Kluivert who was a monster for Barça. I also bought Alfonso who scored a lot in Spain even though his stats weren't out of this world. At Inter he was disappointing for a long time but my faith eventually paid off as he turned into a bit of a goal machine.

3-4-1-2 worked wonders for me. Pirlo worked really well as the playmaker. Walter Samuel is a great choice for any defence. Recoba is fantastic as a striker but he will probably eventually leave you. I re-signed him from Man Utd and he still had a bit to offer in his twilight years.

Your midfield looks horrible. Get rid of Umit Davala and Donati ASAP. Albertini is fine but you'll have to replace him in a year or so anyway. Gattuso is fine.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I played the fvck out of CM 00/01 and Laursen had amazing ratings there. Once I bought him (for Inter and for a big sum too), he was pretty terrible. Let me know how he turns out in the long run.

Another big disappointment for me in that game iirc was Kluivert who was a monster for Barça. I also bought Alfonso who scored a lot in Spain even though his stats weren't out of this world. At Inter he was disappointing for a long time but my faith eventually paid off as he turned into a bit of a goal machine.

3-4-1-2 worked wonders for me. Pirlo worked really well as the playmaker. Walter Samuel is a great choice for any defence. Recoba is fantastic as a striker but he will probably eventually leave you. I re-signed him from Man Utd and he still had a bit to offer in his twilight years.

Your midfield looks horrible. Get rid of Umit Davala and Donati ASAP. Albertini is fine but you'll have to replace him in a year or so anyway. Gattuso is fine.
Huh? Donati is pretty good in my game. At least as a young player. He usually get's bought out by Manchester United for the 03/04 season.

Albertini is a good squad player to have in case of injuries. And I don't like to sign too many new players during my first season. In fact I only signed one player for this game and it was some crappy South Korean on a free transfer in order to populate my reserve team :D

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay this is my undefeated first season table with AC Milan:

Those ratings for Shevchenko :proud:

Serginho did very well too:

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tactics that I used all season:

Pressing - YES. Short Passing YES - a Must when you play as an Italian team.

And last but not least my scuddetto winning squad + Italian Cup + UEFA Cup victory over Lazio :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts