Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Baggio was not promoted in the World Cup Squad for Italy and Romario faced the same thing when he too never got into the Brazilian team.

Alot of fans worldwide even non Brazilians and non Italians have been angry about this but i can see more players who are not here but could be in their national squads.

Roberto Baggio /Italy
Romario / Brazil
Kim Källström /Sweden
Stefan Selakovic/ Sweden
Anelka/ France
Javier Saviola/ Argentina Note i havent heard if he have become promoted to the world cup squad or not yet.

Anyone i missed here??

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Portugal will be without Simao Sabrosa. Injured during the game against Finland. Coach Oliveira has said Simao would have been one of the brightest world stars after the World Cup, (he had a red hot year in Portugal), and he's right. If Simao had gone to the W.C., there's no way he'd be playing in Portugal next year.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Brazil: Romario, Juninho Pernambucano, Rogerio, Julio Cesar, Felipe, Djalminha, Amoroso, Ze Roberto, Juan, etc....etc..etc..

England: McManaman

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
For me a world cup without Roberto Baggio is not a 100% genuine world cup. I can still remember a young 22/23 year old phenomenon surrounded by scandal after signing with Juve from Fiorentina, scoring those amazing goals in WC90 like it was just 4 years ago. This along with WC86 will be the second world cup for me to see without a player named Roberto Baggio in it. :depress:

·
Registered
4 Posts
IL TORO said:
For me a world cup without Roberto Baggio is not a 100% genuine world cup. I can still remember a young 22/23 year old phenomenon surrounded by scandal after signing with Juve from Fiorentina, scoring those amazing goals in WC90 like it was just 4 years ago. This along with WC86 will be the second world cup for me to see without a player named Roberto Baggio in it. :depress:

Roberto Baggio is not on the team so get over it, in the meantime show some support to the Italian NT which is a great team with absolutely no reason to hang your head about.

Why don't you just put on a tape of the WC90 and watch it to your hearts content. Then when May 31 arrives you can focus on a 100% genuine world cup.

FORZA AZZURRI

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I am supporting the Italian NT, as much as ever. Why don't you go to the Italian cups and national team forum to see what I write?
Baggio is my 2nd favourite player EVER and has been amoung the best players of the Italian team in every world cup he played in. It's not easy to get over a player like this, a player who can make your hopes feel realistic.
Why don't you watch a world cup '90 tape and while you're at it a world cup '94 and '98 tape because after reading what you have just written it sounds like you never saw this player from his beginnings in the Nazionale Italiana and have missed out on alot of our teams recent history. No one who has really seen Baggio would just say 'get over it' unless your last name is Sacchi or Lippi.

·
Registered
4 Posts
IL TORO said:
I am supporting the Italian NT, as much as ever. Why don't you go to the Italian cups and national team forum to see what I write?
Baggio is my 2nd favourite player EVER and has been amoung the best players of the Italian team in every world cup he played in. It's not easy to get over a player like this, a player who can make your hopes feel realistic.
Why don't you watch a world cup '90 tape and while you're at it a world cup '94 and '98 tape because after reading what you have just written it sounds like you never saw this player from his beginnings in the Nazionale Italiana and have missed out on alot of our teams recent history. No one who has really seen Baggio would just say 'get over it' unless your last name is Sacchi or Lippi.

I have been watching the Nazionale since WC82 and no doubt Baggio is one of the greatest players of the game but, my objection is your lack of interest in the team without Baggio with your coments about the upcoming WC.

Since WC82 I have not been so confident of the Azzurri line-up until now. Baggio will always be loved by the fans and his contributions to Italian soccer will be cherished but obviously his time has come and gone.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
france- robert pires, dalmat.

argentina- saviola, riquelme, solari, palermo, etc

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
When did I show that my interest of the team without Baggio is less? I'm backing the team as much as I always have.
I said a world cup without Baggio will not be as big for me because he's always been such a huge part of the ones he played in.
Please read my posts in the Italian cups and national team forum if you think my support for the team is any less without Baggio. That case is true for some people but not for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts