Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yay, another post with tons of views is about to come out ;)

Roman Abramovich and a few Israeli friends had a secret visit Yesterday in Wolfson, it's all over the papers. Hapoel Tel Aviv did their best to 'hide' Abramo, but unfortunately for them the youth team players who just finished practicing noticed Roman. Is Roman Abramovich going to invest in Hapoel Tel Aviv? Could it be serious? First Lothar Matthaus, now this, I guess having a politician as head of your club doesn't hurt. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Raanan said:
Yay, another post with tons of views is about to come out ;)

Roman Abramovich and a few Israeli friends had a secret visit Yesterday in Wolfson, it's all over the papers. Hapoel Tel Aviv did their best to 'hide' Abramo, but unfortunately for them the youth team players who just finished practicing noticed Roman. Is Roman Abramovich going to invest in Hapoel Tel Aviv? Could it be serious? First Lothar Matthaus, now this, I guess having a politician as head of your club doesn't hurt. :rolleyes:

Wolfson?!?!?
Wolfson hosipital?

The Hospital that i was born in :proud:

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Their training ground is in Wolfson you know. ;)

Anyway this seems to be true. There is something going on between Roman and Hapoel, he can't be the owner because he already owns Chelsea but if he can have up to 49% control of the team if he wishes to...

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Raanan said:
Their training ground is in Wolfson you know. ;)
is this near where Hapoel Bat Yam plays?

Anyway this seems to be true. There is something going on between Roman and Hapoel, he can't be the owner because he already owns Chelsea but if he can have up to 49% control of the team if he wishes to...

It would be intresting if he purchases the team..he would bring big names into Israel and will make Maccabi Haifa run for its money, and also Maccabi Tel Aviv would have to think hard how there money will flow, as well as Maccabi Petach Tikva which does strive..

abd oooo oooo dont forget the beast from Jerusalem BEITAR :moan: :nono: :moan: :nono:

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know where Bat Yam plays, and I don't think anyone does either :D

But if Abramo did invest some money in Hapoel it will have a huge impact. Not because of the money but more because of his reputation. If the richest Russian in the world thinks Israeli football is a good investment then surely it will attract many other businessmen to football, even Israeli. A while ago I heard somewhere that out of the top 100 richest people in Israel only two invest money in football, and one of them is Sami Segol and we know how much he cares for Hapoel TA. The other guy is Meir Shamir I think.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Raanan said:
But if Abramo did invest some money in Hapoel it will have a huge impact. Not because of the money but more because of his reputation. If the richest Russian in the world thinks Israeli football is a good investment then surely it will attract many other businessmen to football, even Israeli. A while ago I heard somewhere that out of the top 100 richest people in Israel only two invest money in football, and one of them is Sami Segol and we know how much he cares for Hapoel TA. The other guy is Meir Shamir I think.

Roman is Jewish..
Ofcourse he is going to invest in Israel.
No one remembers his famous quote? :irritate:
"Im jewish first, russian second"

If this was perfect, he would rather invest in MTK Budapest then invest in Hapoel. But this is good news.

The other question i have is, on a regular basis, regardless of the top 5/6 teams in Israel...how much do you think on average a team costs?

If so...what would u think of Foreign jews investing money in teams in Israel..

Just so you know, a couple of high end teams in the U.S are owned by Jews...one of them is the Seattle Supersonics :thumbsup:

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kappa21 said:
Roman is Jewish..
Ofcourse he is going to invest in Israel.
No one remembers his famous quote? :irritate:
"Im jewish first, russian second"

If this was perfect, he would rather invest in MTK Budapest then invest in Hapoel. But this is good news.

The other question i have is, on a regular basis, regardless of the top 5/6 teams in Israel...how much do you think on average a team costs?

If so...what would u think of Foreign jews investing money in teams in Israel..

Just so you know, a couple of high end teams in the U.S are owned by Jews...one of them is the Seattle Supersonics :thumbsup:
Israeli football is a dead horse at the moment, it's not profitable. There will have to be a lot of underground work before our football will give a very small profit. A team like Chelsea on the other hand give and will give even more for Roman, so that's a smart investment. Investing in Israeli football is from pure sentimental reasons, that's the main problem really.

But the second richest guy in the world surely have a few spare millions to waste, so who knows maybe he'll get the ball rolling...don't forget he was at the Ireland game. The thing is you can't tell what this man thinks, he is so mysterious, never takes interviews. You can only guess he cares for Israel due to his background.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Raanan said:
Israeli football is a dead horse at the moment, it's not profitable. There will have to be a lot of underground work before our football will give a very small profit. A team like Chelsea on the other hand give and will give even more for Roman, so that's a smart investment. Investing in Israeli football is from pure sentimental reasons, that's the main problem really.
Sadly enough the only teams that will profit from Foreign Investment are the teams that are in the top seeds...in other words the top 3-5 teams will benefit..
the rest will crumble.

BE VERY, VERY, VERY careful to get money from investors....you don't want to have season after season of 1 or 2 teams fighting for the glory and the rest just having a problem to break even...
Yes; foreign aid is good,but it must be shared equally...very marxist of me to say so..but thats the truth...

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Raanan said:
An interesting article about Abramovich (and his visit to Israel) and finance, well it's a bit long but you get the point after a while. :)

http://sport.scotsman.com/football.cfm?id=436712005

YAAAAAAA BABY!! :D

TAKE DOWN FLY EMIRATESW FROM THE JERSEY AND PUT SEIMENS MOBILE!!!

TAKE THAT UAE!!!! :nono:

or if Seimens deal doesn't go threw, it would always be nice to have a logo for Keter or even...

FLY EL-AL

LAAAAAATOOOOS EL AL :party: ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts