Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Canonized
Joined
·
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Instead of buying Chelsea, why din't he buy Tottenham? After all, Spurs have a better name history wise, more titles and has the Jewish following behind them?

Why did he pick Chelsea instead of Tottenham?

Also, how do Tottenham fans feel knowadays that the biggest derby in London is Arsenal x Chelsea, and not Tottenham x Arsenal?
 

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
Joined
·
31,893 Posts
is there a Hotspurs Village for Abramovich?

nah, When he bought it, there was CL-availability. Spurs werent there.

you could ask.. why not Fulham. Fulham fans would prefer a low spending abramovich compared to a 'HIGH' spending Fayed.
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
Ken Bates was desperate to sell Chavski as well, Abramovich just had to clear the debts and bung Captain Birdseye a few roubles. :shades:
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
Yeah, but Spurs are a jewish club and so is Abramovich!
Spurs are not a Jewish club, they have many Jewish fans but so do the Arsenal. ;)

btw, the Chavski fans don't seem to be singing their "gas chamber" ditties this year, so at least the Abramovich regime has done some good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,535 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Spurs are not a Jewish club, they have many Jewish fans but so do the Arsenal. ;)

btw, the Chavski fans don't seem to be singing their "gas chamber" ditties this year, so at least the Abramovich regime has done some good.
What did happen to that "nightmare" bloke :scared: :tongue: and those other Chelsea clowns I saw a doco about a few years ago?
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
Vagabondo said:
What did happen to that "nightmare" bloke :scared: :tongue: and those other Chelsea clowns I saw a doco about a few years ago?
what Donald Mackintyre undercovered ? :howler: where he has the tatoo and nearly passes out like a big jessie ? :pp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,535 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
what Donald Mackintyre undercovered ? :howler: where he has the tatoo and nearly passes out like a big jessie ? :pp
I'm not sure of names but it was a very "interesting" documentary. This English investigative reporter got himself on the inside of the "headhunters" and went travelling who started going on about what he's done to cops, rival fans and so on as they drove around. Charming blokes anyway :rollani:

Maybe they can't show it in England for legal reasons or something though. I'm not really sure about whether the guys in it have been arrested or not. In Australia I'd say they wouldn't have been able to show it if they're eventually going to be charged with something here anyway. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,056 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
btw, the Chavski fans don't seem to be singing their "gas chamber" ditties this year, so at least the Abramovich regime has done some good.
Thats because the arsenal fans started supporting Chelsea. :pp

Vagabondo - If this is indeed the Donald one, don't take it too seriously. He sucks. He tried to prove that crime was rife in a section of london by walking around like a twat with a top of the line mobile shoving it in every poor kids face. Spent days trying and eventually some minor took the bait. He just exaggerates everything. I bet the guys knew they were on TV (Donald is so blatent) so hyped up their exploits, or were just lying for the sake of it. How much actual violence was seen?
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
Vagabondo said:
I'm not sure of names but it was a very "interesting" documentary. This English investigative reporter got himself on the inside of the "headhunters" and went travelling who started going on about what he's done to cops, rival fans and so on as they drove around. Charming blokes anyway :rollani:

Maybe they can't show it in England for legal reasons or something though. I'm not really sure about whether the guys in it have been arrested or not. In Australia I'd say they wouldn't have been able to show it if they're eventually going to be charged with something here anyway. :)
no that's the same one, Donald hangs around with a tyre fitter for most of the programme who never gets involved in much trouble just goes to pubs and sings songs. :D

you must remember him getting the tattoo ? and then just so that everyone sees it he spends the rest of the programme walking round in a shirt with no sleeves in the freezing cold weather and evryone thinking he is mental :howler::D

anyway, i don't think this docu done anything good, the only thing that happened was the tyre fitter got the sack from his job, all the real Headhunters got away with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,535 Posts
yep if both of you (Jern and Marc) think it is the same one then it must be it. I honestly can't remember him going around London trying to start trouble (or am confusing it with other docos I've seen anyway). it was really just the car scene that stood out in my memory. as much of a twat as what this Donald chap may be, unless it was just a paid actor or something, that bloke bragging about what crimes he's done to a stranger like that couldn't really be the sharpest knife in the travelling supporter's waistband either. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,343 Posts
he shud buy norwich city :blind:
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
yeah the bloke who was talking about slitting a policeman's throat ? well detective Donald found out that there had been a policeman involved in an assault and thought he'd cracked the case, Donald not the sharpest tool in the box either if he thought that was going to get a conviction. :rollani:

as i say the only thing happened was the poor bloke who just liked getting drunk and chanting a few offensive ditties was sacked from his job, so well done Donald you big tool. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,535 Posts
is "Donald" a regular tv sleuth over there? does he change his appearance and "infiltrate" new groups all the time or is it just a group of blokes the BBC pays to fill in scheduling holes or something? there was definitely an air of unintended comedy about the whole Chelsea charade though :D
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
yeah he's a regular or he used to be, i only watched a couple of his programmes though before i realised he was an arse. :shades:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,811 Posts
Vagabondo said:
is "Donald" a regular tv sleuth over there? does he change his appearance and "infiltrate" new groups all the time or is it just a group of blokes the BBC pays to fill in scheduling holes or something? there was definitely an air of unintended comedy about the whole Chelsea charade though :D
He did many "infiltrations", the only one that really did any good was the infiltration of this mental institution. The so called carers were disgusting, it was very disturbing to watch. Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on your point of view :D he's had to stop because he was getting recognised.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,925 Posts
He did consider Tottenham but wasnt impressed after checking out the surrounding area including the high street. Chelsea on the other hand is more upmarket and more suitable for his VIP mates. Wasnt a hard decision in the end.
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
Hoseman said:
He did consider Tottenham but wasnt impressed after checking out the surrounding area including the high street. Chelsea on the other hand is more upmarket and more suitable for his VIP mates. Wasnt a hard decision in the end.
Tottenham High Road is luverly, very picturesque. :shades:
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top