Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
I'm not sure what to think about this(if it's true of coarse). On one hand we will be sure to attract and get world class players and have a terrific squad depth. We are also preety much guaranteed to compete for all titles but at the same time I fear this could ruing the soul of the club, what the club stands for...

·
1st Tier Poster
50,221 Posts
Come on, that can't be true. He already owns Chelsea and is the main investor in CSKA and has shares in some other clubs too. Enough is enough, even for him.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
This wont happen, Fifa wont allow it. He already tried with Alaves buy rules stipulate that two clubs under the same owner cant play in the same competition, so in this case Deportivo could never play in Europe again, as even the Uefa Cup would potentially be a Chelsea destination if they come third in the group.

I wont be suprised for him to dump Chelsea however when he is "bored" and start the experiement in Spain or Italy after. He enjoyed CM too much.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Actually Lendoiro didn't menction Abrahmovic directly, he talks about a Russian investment group, the ones that just bought Corinthians... but is really Abrahmovic behind the ones that bought the Brazilian club? Is it for sure?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Well i read that Deportivo won't be sold for at least another 4 years, so maybe in that time Chelsea will have won enough and he will be bored as others said, and start out with something new..

Or maybe he'll even make an offer they can't refuse but cheat the rules and not directly own the club but back them money wise, making him the owner but not publically, he wants to buy titles and i'm sure he'll find a way to do it...

Maybe he'll even pay to bend the rules a bit for him to own more clubs.. :D

It's pretty sick if you ask me,a club like Deportivo shouldn't be sold, they have made history by buying and producing young players or unknown players, not to mention great history with the NT by prodcing great players for Spain too...
I can see if he helps out clubs in huge debt, (like historic clubs in South America), and sets up youth training facilities and leaves the club with something for the future, not just the name Abramovich and millions in wage bills..

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
_Daan_ said:
but at the same time I fear this could ruing the soul of the club, what the club stands for...
And what is the soul of the club? I mean, what is the difference between Abramovich and Lendoiro? (on a lower scale)

Mathias04 said:
It's pretty sick if you ask me,a club like Deportivo shouldn't be sold, they have made history by buying and producing young players or unknown players, not to mention great history with the NT by prodcing great players for Spain too...
I can see if he helps out clubs in huge debt, (like historic clubs in South America), and sets up youth training facilities and leaves the club with something for the future, not just the name Abramovich and millions in wage bills..
Once Lendoiro leaves what will he leave appart from his name, millions in wage bills, and the titles during his period? Has he actually work to secure a future for the team? Well, the answer is here, he´s looking everywhere to find someone to buy the team because if not.... the ampliation of capital isn´t working, something that happens when you "create" a giant with mud feet. Has he worked with "youth training facilities"? search in the squad and you´ll see Fran as the only galician, and he´s retiring this season...

Don´t get me wrong, this isn´t a defense of Abramovich, just the opposite, it´s a critizism to Lendoiro and all these "owners" in general. At least in Villarreal Roig is trying to create a future after him, investing money in the youth system appart from signings. And I have to say I´m also against Villarreal, I think football clubs should be based on their social mass, not a rich owner who decides to create a first level team.

Sometimes we lack a bit of memory, we have to remember where was Deportivo 10 years ago and what has happened until now. If Lendoiro leaves and a new rich owner doesn´t appear I see Depor very bad, they don´t have enough social mass to keep the level, half of the stadium would return to support Madrid:rolleyes: and the real ones would stay, although it would take time to accept it, do you remember how the stadium was empty in that first round CL against Bohemians? once you try caviar it´s difficult to eat bread...

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Txupa said:
And what is the soul of the club? I mean, what is the difference between Abramovich and Lendoiro? (on a lower scale)
Well for me it all comes down to whether or not I want to support a Real Madrid(Or Chelsea in this case) type of team. While it has it's obvious good sides I always hated the richest teams that just bought anyone and eventually bought their success. For me Deportivo is club that does not do that, well not on the same scale as Madrid anyways. We do the best with the little that we have and that's something that is really remarkable imo. And that's also what we're known for.

·
MVP
8,990 Posts
:eek: I just heard it on Al Jazira news.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Corinthians new money is coming from a Persian businessman named "Kia Joorabchian". He works with a russian company though.. and they're behind the new money.. but just because they're Russian... people think Roman is also behind Corinthians when in reality... we dont know if there is any link.. all we know is Corinthians = New Chelsea lol...

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
They're not related officially, but un-officially this Russian company might be headed by one of Abramovich's puppets. I still can't believe how Carlito went to Corinthians, unless there was a promise to get him to Europe next season. Also I find it hard that now after Abramovich buys Chelsea there's all this interest from Russian companies to buy Football Clubs.

·
Registered
75 Posts
yeah whether they're actually related or not.. we don't know hence why Doctor using the word "Might" which is rightly put.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Here's a question: if Abramovich does buy Deportivo and invests in them in a similar way as he did in Chelsea, would Deportivo become as popular as Chelsea?

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Here's a question: if Abramovich does buy Deportivo and invests in them in a similar way as he did in Chelsea, would Deportivo become as popular as Chelsea?
Probably not, but wouldnt UEFA object to him doing this since he also owns CSKA Moscow.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
::Ambis:: said:
Probably not, but wouldnt UEFA object to him doing this since he also owns CSKA Moscow.
I think that is the case. I haven't read it officially, but according to what I've read here, no more than two teams who are owned by the same individual can compete in European competition together. Anyway, my question was hypothetical.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts