Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Abramovich Linked With Deportivo
1/17/2005 11:08:00 PM
Roman Abramovich could be looking to invest in Deportivo La Coruña, the Galician club's president has revealed.
The Galician supremo, Augusto Lendoiro explained that he has had contact with would-be investors from England and Russia.

Depor struggle to compete with Spain's richer clubs, despite becoming one of the country's top clubs in recent years.

"It’s true that they have called us from Russia and from England interested in the development of Deportivo," he told Radio Coruna.

"Abramovich? I don’t know, but it could well be people close to him."

"It’s very difficult to fight and compete with the other big cities if there is not support from the institutions like the rest of Spanish teams have," Lendoiro added.

Abramovich is said to have links to CSKA Moscow and PSV Eindhoven and was rumoured to be involved in the recent investment in Brazilian outfit Corinthians.
www.goal.com
-----------------------
so could this be the source of the Corinthians recent deep pockets which with they bought carlos alberto and tevez? as far as i see at least with the moscow case and psv, he invests in the club and then chelsea has a first refusal on the club's players.... is this legal? because it sure sounds a bit dodgy.... anyone else heard anything similar?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
look but when you think about it would explain alot of things. pvs first refusal, corinthians recent cash influx with which they bought tevex and carlos alberto.....

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Depor president reveals interest from Chelsea's Abramovich
tribalfootball.com - January 18, 2005

Deportivo La Coruna president Augusto Caesar Lendoiro has intimated that Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is interested in investing in the Spanish club.

Lendoiro is actively seeking fresh investment in Depor ahead of the club's Centenary celebrations and revealed yesterday: "There has been interest from Russia, Portugal and England.

"There is someone who has just finished investing in Corinthians of Brazil and has told me he is also watching things in Portugal. We shouldn't be surprised.

"The same thing happened with Piterman and his interests in Racing Santander and Alaves as it did with the investment group involved in Valladolid."

www.tribalfootball.com

·
Registered
786 Posts
WHAT A CRIMINAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can see him investing in Lecce and making them the best club in the world!!!!:)

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
he invests but doesnt really buy the controling amount i think, and in turn the club which he does own gains options on players from those clubs in which he invested. like real life business.

·
Sheperdesque
21,256 Posts
If it's true then all those clubs will become exclusive player breeding grounds for the mother club 'Chelsea' :smileani:

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
A load of rumours, it's all it is, just like one of his 'friends' were supposed to be buying Red Star.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
where there is smoke there is fire. ive heard these stories on alot of sites and he has been tied to most of the players who were bought by the corintheans.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
There's a rumour saying that if Mourinho wins the CL Abramovich has promised him to buy Vitória de Setúbal (city where he's from). Mourinho didn't confirm this as he only said that there might be a protocol between the two clubs to exchange players and maybe a friendly match or something...

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Abramovich was supposedly interested in buying Parma sometime in 2003, too. He's also shown interest in taking Jordan F1 off of Eddie Jordan's hands.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
wow... looked like a super-Mega-Project had already begun. Something that is much-much bigger than Real's.

While Abramovich official wealth is only a small percentage of what he really is... as seen.

thing that puzzle me is, the 'breeding grounds' what he is going to have stakes in, may not necessary provides him with the Actual players that the Mother Club wants. while on the other hand, Chelsea's unfavourable players might have a direct backdoor out, say on loan, with better case of negotiations etc... unless Roman want to make all of them... Chelsea-Like. :eek:

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nah he wont, they will most probably be breeding grounds for the main team which is chelsea.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts