Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to post a question for Arsenal fans. How is Tavlaridis doing? Did he play in any game in the Premiership this year?

Attachments

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
No Stathis didn't play. I'm surprised that we signed him, though. He's 22, but nowhere near the first-team. We have Campbell, Keown, Adams, Upson, Luznhiy, and Stepanovs ahead of Tavlaridis, but we sign him anyway. Of course, he was on a free transfer, and he did impress in the U-21 game against England about a year ago.

I still think that he has the potential to go all the way to be a major fixture in the Greek international team. Having said this, I don't think that Stathis can achieve this if he stays at Arsenal for another year. Arsenal's just too big a club.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
perhaps Wenger was just settling him in this year.I've seen him play a few times for the Reserves and he has impressed me.I'd rate him higher than both Steps or Upson at that level but obviously the step up to Premiership is a massive one.

Remember Kevin Campbell looked an absolute God in the reserve side :D

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
...Kevin Campbell WAS a God during the 1991 title run-in!!!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Basti, first of all Tavlaridis did not came on a free. His club sold him relatively cheap cause the coach did not rate him much (stupid- he didn't have anyone better) and his contract would end in the next summer.

Having said that, although I never was a big fan of Tavlaridis (he shouldnt be a starter for our U-21 team, and I find him too slow and clumsy) he is indeed a better player than Stepanovs and Upson. If Arsenal does not believe in him then loan him to a first division side for a while, I'm sure many of them would die to have him.

As for him being in the Greek NT, only if he manages to make himself a solid player for Arsenal. And that because of the reputation of his club. Stathis just isn't good enough, but then, its not like our coaches always call our best players... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, right. I agree. So Tavlaridis will continue his career in Arsenal? Good for him.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Hey guys dont you think you are being harsh on poor old Upson i rather liked the lad when he played this year!
See even Sol took time to settle in!
If given a long run in the team im sure Upson will do wonders for us!

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
You're already getting Sidwell, Pennant, and Osei-Kuffour - don't you think that these three are enough? :D

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Bastin said:
You're already getting Sidwell, Pennant, and Osei-Kuffour - don't you think that these three are enough? :D

What on free-transfers? :howler: Well maybe not, but Pennant Osei-Kuffour is news to me and Colchester United I reckon! :D I have seen Kuffour once in action for Swindon Town and he was very quick :) I would like to Pennant, Kuffour and Barrett (again) all play in a Colchester shirt and we would stand a real chance for playing with the big-boyz in the big league! :devil:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts