Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey wassup.... i was just wonderin if sabry is really playin that good at benfica... i hear hes been playin amazingly for them.. i dont get to see him play cause benfica matches dont come on in america.. i just wanted to know how one of egypts best talents are doin.... and one more thing, what kind of goal did he score in the match against porto?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hey well to me i think he is a very good player that benfica has bought. He has scored 3 goals in the last 3 games. He scored a great goal against PORTO and ALVERCA. You should be proud of Sabry :)

VIVA O BENFICA
VIVA O GLORIOSO

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Welcome to the forum Sabry Fan!

What state do you live in? If you're in a bind, I could send you a video tape of this Saturday's Benfica game. Let me know.

Sabry has quickly become my favorite player on the squad. Admittedly, the team has been pretty dull at times, but he's made it fun to watch again.

I just hope he stays for a while...

Forca Sabry!
Forca Benfica!

PS - his goal was a beautiful shot from the right side just outside the area; a curling left-footer that beat the keeper to the upper-left hand side of the goal. Beautiful.

...but he has to work on his celebratory cart-wheel - ugly! :)

[This message has been edited by Razor (edited 06-04-2000).]

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Sabry rulezzzzzz. Just hope we can keep him at the club when the rest of Europe notices him.

------------------
SEMPRE VIOLA!

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Sabry Fan, I am having this problem too.. I am in Montreal and all they play is Hockey so I stayed up last 3 nights searching for the Sabry goal agaisnt Porto but it was not in any place on the internet, all I can get is Lazio, Milan and Juve... It is really frustrating, you can say this is one of the most important goals for me and I really want to see it but... :( ....

------------------
Sabry, Benfica
Del Piero, Juve
Forza Juve

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Sabry Fan - maybe Marcoa has it on tape. He lives in Montreal, too.

What do you say, Marcoa? Technically he's a Sabry fan, not necessarily a die-hard Benfiquista!

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Razor , just to make some stuff clear :) , there is a difference between me "Sabry" and the other guy "Sabry Fan" .. I Emailed you earlier if you remember :)
And unless Marcoa volunteers to send it then I cant ask him to do it, it is up to him :), thanks anyway for suggesting that :)..

bodat, man don't do this again... I told you I am getting angry.. :( ... Who is that lam.. lamow.. Whatever ? I am not talking about crap here... I am taking about ABDEL SATAR SABRY, playing for the greatest team in Portugal... Razor please give him some lessons about Benfica and Sabry ;)

Bodat, Joking :D

------------------
Sabry, Benfica
Del Piero, Juve
Forza Juve

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Sorry Sabry - I definitely remember you. I looked at the top of the post (which was written by Sabry Fan) and put his name instead, since I was answering his original question. Sorry for the confusion!

I've definitely got you straight - thanks for the great picture of Sabry from the National Team. I'm going to try and work it into the site somehow, but like I said after the season most likely.

Thanks again for all the help and information!

Forca Sabry!
Forca Benfica!

PS - I hope you're right about the striker - Benfica needs one...

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
i read on that unofficial site, razor's site, that this sabry plays on the left flank, am i right?
unfortunately, i can't found some information about this sabry on your site razor...
is he that good? tell me...

sabry, for your information, sabry lamouchi isn't a crap... he's as monaco left midfielder!!! wanna swap these sabry?? :eek:

sabry, don't get at me, okay? ;)
just cry... :D

--------------

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Sorry...i watched that snorefest live....did not get a chance to tape it

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Hi bodat-

Yes, I need to update all the players' sections on my site - starting with Sabry's. The website you see now is only about a month old (the older format had more information on the players). Between a new job and planning a wedding, I don't have a LOT of free time; so realistically, I'm not going to update those other sections (players, history, records, etc.) until after the season is over. I hope to have some good information on Sabry, thanks to Sabry (the xtratime user, not the player!).

In the meantime - Sabry is an Egyptian national midfielder who came to Benfica in January from PAOK of Greece along with Machairidis (a defender/defensive midfielder). Since his arrival, he's jumpstarted the previously stagnant Benfica offense - scoring 4 goals in the last 4 games (including this past weekend versus Campomaiorense).

Forca Sabry!

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Why can I use "defense", but not "offense"?

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Agree, offense is a Football term and I heard it lots of times in T.V. ..

If the defense defends the ball against something then whats that something other than offense ????

If the offense attacks then the Defense Defends right ? ;)

And if you say defense and attack then it will not be consistent...

------------------
Sabry, Benfica
Del Piero, Juve
Forza Juve

·
Registered
646 Posts
No man, i can see the confusion.
There's the positions - Defence , Midfield and Attack (Forwards/Strikers).
There's no two sides of the ball - Offense and Defense - the team attacks together and defends together.
I suppose this originated in American Football, but it just really grates when applied to futebol.

·
Registered
646 Posts
ps in portuguese
defesa
medio
avancado
don't worry guys i'm not being superior it's just nice to use appropriate terms - like deuce in tennis.
There's nothing wrong with offense per se, it's just never used and sounds strange.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
You know what... I think you are right santa.. It does not make sense YES, but it sure sounds familiar...
Who cares as long as soccer remains the same and same people are (attacking/offencing ;)) I am happy....

------------------
Sabry, Benfica
Del Piero, Juve
Forza Juve

1 - 20 of 20 Posts