Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was just about to post a topic on a possible arrival of Rivaldo when Pierre beat me to it. Damn you, Pierre:D :D ;) :tongue: :cool:

Anyway the latest news is that Bracelona representatives have arrived in Rome, so there is definitely something in those rumours. There are also reports that Rivaldo's agent said that the player is willing to accept a wage cut. However...

First of all, nothing is official yet. The negotiations might fall through so let's wait and see.

Second, why the revival of the interest in Rivaldo all of a sudden? This combination was rumoured before but rarely and the possibility of it's realization was remote. How come everything changed virtually overnight? Is Cragnotti, seeing how the fans, even those who support him, react very negatively even to a thought of selling Nesta, trying to appease us by this? He did something simillar last summer when he bought Mendieta, in order to qiuet down the dissatisfaction over the sales of Veron and Nedved(Cragnotti admited in an end-of-season interview that Zoff was against the arrival of Mendieta). Will he again get more then he bargained for?

Don't get me wrong, I am a great admirerer of Rivaldo, he is a Magician, a match-winner, a champion, and I'd love him in a Lazio shirt, but I ask myself one question: is there any good for Lazio in it?

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Its too big a risk. In my opinion you ppl need a player, who can add fire-power to ur side constantly. Rivaldo is known for his fragile health problem. after getting such a big player, if he gets injured (god forbid), u don't have a single replacement for him.

I would say, u ppl should buy somebody less of a risk.:undecide:

Ciao

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Rivaldo is great, when injury free;) :D

My question is this.

Last year, Crag tried everything to sign him, and he basically laughed at his face and said no. How come now he wants to come, at a lower wage too?:rolleyes:

MAybe because he doesnt have "rivaldo friendly" coach anymore? MAybe because he just has not many options open? Maybe because he's getting old an want a nice long contract before retirement?

Whatever the reason is, it is not because he wants to play for Lazio. And for me that is more than enough. We had one Mandietta, i dont need another one.

And what are the Crag plans & Reason behind it? Well, bringing one "star" to replace another did not work last season, i have no reason to believe that it will work now. He can make maradona 20 years younger and Pele 30 & bring them to the team, if he sells nesta....he failed in my eyes, forever.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Lightoller :)

Rivaldo is undoubtelly a true class play. He can play as an attacking midfielder, but he can also play as an attacker. So, if he did join Lazio, I'd be more than happy :) IMO, a player with his class will suit any of team in the world....
and for Lazio (I mean Cragnotti and co), by getting Rivaldo, we get more money from merchandising and also increase in stock market!!

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Player of Mandietta's class did not suit Lazio. Same goes with Lopez.

I dont want Rivaldo if that means selling Nesta. Even if Nesta stays, and Rivaldo is coming only because he HAS to, i dont want him either, class or no class.

Re Bringing merchandise money. Nesta in the team means money, same with Crespo. Replacing a star with a star makes no difference. Gain fans in Brasil, lose in Argentina.

To increase your stock market value, you can not give your stock one shock after another. You need stability.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I thought that Lazio will only buy players of a strong caracter , players who will help this team's revival !
Rivaldo does absolutly not fit this description and I am not enthousiastic about him in the lazio jearsey !

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Lazio admit Rivaldo interest Tuesday 4 June, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brazilian sensation Rivaldo is a summer transfer target for Lazio according to capital President Sergio Cragnotti.

The former Deportivo La Coruna player has been on the Biancocelesti wish list for the past two years but all previous attempts to get him have failed.

However, Cragnotti has said that the club have made contact for the forward who could replace Argentine striker Hernan Crespo.

"At this moment in time there is nothing new to report on Rivaldo," he stated. "There have been talks but we need to find out whether the player wants to join us or not.

"His contract with Barcelona expires at the end of next season therefore his proposed transfer will depend on many factors."

Rivaldo, who scored in Monday¡¦s 2-1 win over Turkey in the World Cup, is set to leave the Nou Camp. He could be included in a deal which sees Crespo join the Spanish giants.

Meanwhile, Cragnotti has admitted that the club have yet to make a decision regarding the future of captain Alessandro Nesta.

"We¡¦ve not decided anything yet. That goes for the club and the player," he continued. "But seeing as we are on the stock market, if we receive any substantial offers then we will need to discuss it."

However, the capital club have confirmed that much wanted stopper Jaap Stam will remain. "He is a key part of our defence and plans for the future. And the player too knows this," Cragnotti added.

The former Manchester United man had been linked with Milan and Juventus.

channel4

·
International
6,519 Posts
Rivaldo forced to join Lazio? Posted June 9, 2002 - 13:50 by Mattias

According to Spanish media, Rivaldo will be forced to move to Lazio since Barcelona wants to get rid of him. The Spanish media reports these days that when the Brazilian star signed his latest contract with the Catalan club, Barcelona added a list of 20 clubs to where Rivaldo could be sold without having to wait for the player to accept.

Lazio is among these 20 clubs, and since Rivaldo signed the contract, Barcelona can now sell the Brazilian star to Lazio without having to receive the approval of the attacker.

-----------------------

Do we really need another Mendieta ? :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts