Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a few questions:

why was the game played on after 39 people had died? i really cannot imagine how the players and coaches couldn't have known.

is it true that english hooligans urinated and looted on the dead or injured?

was anyone ever convicted in relation to this tragic event?

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
- Security reasons. Players and officials knew but it was deemed unsafe to let the people in the stadium know people had died.

- No, as far as I know anyway.

- Nope.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Plz...******

Attachments

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Rob Edwards said:
- No, as far as I know anyway.

- Nope.
So why has it been documented that the hooligans did piss over the bodies?

·
International
9,526 Posts
Andy said:
So why has it been documented that the hooligans did piss over the bodies?
rubbish...thats all it is. Invented by the tabloids to further alienate Liverpool from the rest of the country. You need to understand the politics of the era to understand why so many lies were written and invented about Liverpool during the 80s.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
you talking about Hillsborough i think, i've never heard anyone say this about Heysel. :confused:

with Hillsborough, it was reported by some tabloids but later in the Taylor report it was concluded that it was complete lies.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
ampersand said:
was anyone ever convicted in relation to this tragic event?
I believe yes. A few (2 or 3) Belgians (of Police and security forces) and a few Liverpool fans.

There was this documentary on Heisel on BBC last Sunday. Anyone seen it?

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Fred Elliot said:
rubbish...thats all it is. Invented by the tabloids to further alienate Liverpool from the rest of the country. You need to understand the politics of the era to understand why so many lies were written and invented about Liverpool during the 80s.
Well I know I have read about acts like that in the past, not sure if they are valid or not.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts