Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it looks like we won't get the opportunity to kick France out of the world cup. Senegal has done it for us. I envy them. But I cheer for them.

For four years they have stuck virtually with the same players...it was supposed to be a good thing; but as I've said before, it was not by choice. They lack depth and it is showing. No one has stepped up to replace their precious Zidane.

I did not want nor expect them to go out in the first round but I won't cry over it

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
and i was hoping for that day,revenge;)but looks like someone has predict them..

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Billi said:
They lack depth and it is showing.

OK. I have to agree with everything you said about how it's pretty sad we probably won't have a chance to knock France out but at the same time there is always a chance, bro. I must also say I disagree with what you just said about the depth, that's a ridiculous comment. You want to know why? On there bench they have players that could play for most teams. Let's mention some names like Christope Duggary, Johan Micoud, Vincent Candela, Djibrill Cisse are just to name a few. What they are lacking is a leader to push them into games and taking them all on there shoulders, and that is non-other then yes you know, Zinedine Zidane.

Maybe you were excited there about a big possibility of them going back to France empty handed after only 3 games, don't worry we are all with you on that one. ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Patrick,

Look man...enough about Zidane. They did pretty well without him in France 98 when the team was suppsedly weaker. I don't buy this whole thing that they miss ZZ's leadership. So Zidane means a lot to the team. Are you telling me they cannot adapt. It's not like he's not on the bench. Whatever moral or spiritual support he brings he can emit from there. What they don't have this year is someone who can replace him and provide them with the same technical services on the field.

So you say they have depth. can you tell me who on their bench could step up in Zidane's absence. They've already tried Djorkaef and Micoud.

·
Registered
368 Posts
hahah...I already know that France isn´t as good as everbody things...
Zidane? In´s like good too...He will not a so better team.França wouldn´t have win of Senegal with him...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts