Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this forum is about to die soon if we don't start to answer more of our posts maybe the Danes could answer to Finnish threads and we could answer to yours. That way we all learn a thing or two about each other's league etc. I for one am very interested in the Danish SAS league. I'm happy that Silkeborg was not relegated and I heard that Jussi Nuorela played well for them during his loan period. He played apparently in every game.

·
Rising Star & XCC Winner 2002
868 Posts
I think you are right. At the moment this forum is not one but two, a Finish and a Danish. I'm not sure if it can be changed because of the lack of information Danes can get of the Finish league and I exprect vice versa. Anyway I will try to be more active in the Finish threads, but please don't expect much in terms of quality :)

Btw. although Jussi Nuorela played every game I think he has generally been disapointing. It has been obvious that there habe been some language barriers and he has never gotten to know his team mates well. He wasn't able to add any kind of stability to their defence.

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
I have thought of various alternatives for the Nordic forum. Basically:

1. Keep it as it is. Thew Nordic forum is doing good, and the Swedish and Norwegian forums are doing quite good.

2. An all normal Nordic forum again. Including all the nations, Finland, Denmark, Sweden and Norway. All of us posting in the same forum..it was nice at times before, but the problem is that the forum would be overcrowded, and we dont answer too much to eachothers threads anyway.

3. A Nordic forum with subforums for each of the four big nations. This will still give us room of our own, and yet keep uis together. The negative side is that the subforums often get "hidden" away, and won't appear on the front screen, and may make us lose traffic.

4. Single forums for all the four big nations. There is hardly any discussion about the smaller nations anyway. The Danish are now doing as good as the Swedes and Norwegians(although DBOY left now:() and the Finnish, have gotten a prediction going, and many post each week. Lionheart would become the Finnish FM if he accepted it.

I have discussed this a little bit with DBOY before, and the Swedish FMs recently, who said they wanted at least to wait until after the World Cup for anything to happen to their forum. At first I was thinking a bit about solutions 2 and 3, but lately I have also considered solution 4. However, the summer is often a slow time, at least for me, and the forums may be a bit slow at that time.

Please think about these things. Keep in mind that solution 4 should be easy to fix, solution 1 is the current one, and that solutions 2 and 3 would require a large reform of the Norwegian and Swedish forums, which many posters there maybe against, which would make those solutions nearly impossible. At least we should consider everything.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Orange said:
2. An all normal Nordic forum again. Including all the nations, Finland, Denmark, Sweden and Norway. All of us posting in the same forum..it was nice at times before, but the problem is that the forum would be overcrowded, and we dont answer too much to eachothers threads anyway.
I havent been very much inside the Norweagian forum, and not at all in the Swedish, so I dont think there will be a problem with that :undecide:

·
Rising Star & XCC Winner 2002
868 Posts
I'll comment on each proposed solution.

1. Keep it as it is. Thew Nordic forum is doing good, and the Swedish and Norwegian forums are doing quite good.
As I said in my previous post something needs to be done because right now this forum is not one but two. Apart from that the title in itself is misleading which can be seen by the threads opened here by mistake instead of in the Norwegian or Swedish forum. In any case, if we keep things this way, I think we need to have a Finish FM as well.

I'm not too fond of this solution. Granted it was fun when we were all together but I'm pretty sure it would be overcrowded.

3. A Nordic forum with subforums for each of the four big nations. This will still give us room of our own, and yet keep uis together. The negative side is that the subforums often get "hidden" away, and won't appear on the front screen, and may make us lose traffic.
I actually like this solution. I'm not too concerned about loosing trafic because the title would make sure that people enter in the first place if they want to talk about any subject concerning Nordic football. I actually think the Danish and Finish sections could benefit from such a solution because as it is it is not clear that we have a forum in the first place.

4. Single forums for all the four big nations. There is hardly any discussion about the smaller nations anyway. The Danish are now doing as good as the Swedes and Norwegians(although DBOY left now:() and the Finnish, have gotten a prediction going, and many post each week. Lionheart would become the Finnish FM if he accepted it.
Naturally I also like this solution. First of all I think both the Danish and Finish sections have become big enough to warant their own forum and secondly it would relieve me of my bad concience of not knowing anything about Finish soccer :D

Seriously, I prefer solution 3 and 4. I know there have been a lot of discussion about the use of subforums, but I must admit that it is not really an important issue for me in this case. The main thing IMO is that the 4 biggies get their own home.

One thing that makes me lean a bit towards solution 4 though, is that I have dificulties imagining a constant flow of "all nordic" topics. What I mean is, will there be any topics in the common part once the world cup is over? I doubt it, but if others have ideas how to keep the common section alive I have no problem at all with the use of subforums.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We should get the Swedes & Norwegians back to the forum. The Swedish & Norwegian forums are dead anyway and the old system was much better. Vive la revolution! :D

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well the whole concept in my view was to learn about other leagues as well. I don't know about you but I like to learn about the Danish, Swedish & Norwegian leagues. Maybe we could bring back the original nordic forum. My second option if this fails is to create a forum for Finland & Denmark. It is a stupid idea to call this forum the "Nordic Forum" whilst only Finns and Danes post here.

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Some good ideas there Ane, definetly something we need to look further into. No matter what I agree with you that we need a Finnish FM. Lionheart, would you accept to become an FM here?

Finally I would like to say that I disagree that the Norwegian forum is dead. Even in the middle of my exam period(exam tomorrow and all month long), and Jinxter(the other FM) being away last week, we had several good threads going.

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
lionheart said:
Well the whole concept in my view was to learn about other leagues as well. I don't know about you but I like to learn about the Danish, Swedish & Norwegian leagues. Maybe we could bring back the original nordic forum. My second option if this fails is to create a forum for Finland & Denmark. It is a stupid idea to call this forum the "Nordic Forum" whilst only Finns and Danes post here.
Well you can easily go to our home forums and learn about our football there.

Well I think something will definetly happen since you are not happy with the current situation. If there are enough posts, solution 4 would be very good, if there isn't, and the posters from all countries accept it, solution 3 may be implemented.

The main problem with the old solution was that the forum was completely overcrowded, and all together we have grown as a community since then, and it might be difficult to go back to it. We would either end up losing posters, or having too many new threads per day, so that the forum would be completely full.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Orange said:
Some good ideas there Ane, definetly something we need to look further into. No matter what I agree with you that we need a Finnish FM. Lionheart, would you accept to become an FM here?
Sure why not!

Send me the details regarding being FM and so forth... :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
I believe the current solution is good enough.

What I am convinced the Finnish forum would only be a failure. Besides lionheart who else would post there regularly? Maybe three or four fellow Finns. It would never attract any outsiders. Here there are at least other Scandinavians. Swedes and Norwegians deserve their own forums and I would be surprised, if they don't visit this forum every now and then.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
I agree with Marcus. Splitting it all up would be very stupid.

But this forum was a mistake all along after the Swedes and Norwegians left. Having this as a Nordic forum, while we only were Finnish and Danish poster here:rolleyes:.

I think we should either make it as the good old days, where we all were in the forum or make it as sub-forums. But I'm mostly in for the idea where we're all in the same forum.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
I don't really see the reason to change anything?

The Danish and Finnish leagues get way more posts now than they did while all the Nordic leagues were in one big forum. If the Swedish and Norwegian forums merge with this one again, it'll most likely just end up going back to the way it was. Heaps of Norwegian and heaps of Swedish threads which totally flood the Danish and Finnish threads.

Both the Swedish and Norwegian threads are healthy, and the Nordic forum seems to be doing just fine. Give it some time, and see if you can't get more Finnish posters to be more regular.

And if anyone are interested in the leagues from Sweden and Norway, you're more than welcome to drop by ;) Or you can ask some FMs to drop by the Nordic forum, and maybe make a thread about how your local players are doing in our leagues. I'm sure we'll be happy to help you out.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Jinxter said:
The Danish and Finnish leagues get way more posts now than they did while all the Nordic leagues were in one big forum. If the Swedish and Norwegian forums merge with this one again, it'll most likely just end up going back to the way it was. Heaps of Norwegian and heaps of Swedish threads which totally flood the Danish and Finnish threads.
What are we, 2 or 3 from each country (Finland & Denmark), who post in the Nordic forum? We're maybe not even as many, who post here regularly. DBOY, one of the big has left us and has left a gib empty gab after him.
I don't think we'd get less posts in a Nordic forum with all nations. I also don't think the Finnish and Danish posts would drown in Swedish and Norwegians. In the good old days, we weren't as many regular Finnish and Danish posters (although DBOY has left us) oin the forum. Now we're much 'stronger' and I really can't see why it should happen.

Last night I started to post a bit in the Finnish threads. It wasn't anything big or usefull as a discussion or anything, but it was something, I guess both parts had forgotten to do. Then Lionheart did the same, but we were only 2!

I can see why you rather want to have your own forums. You are a bigger community, than we, the Fins and Danes are. It's also only you, who don't want to get back together.

Well I'm still definitely up for 'the old days':)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Before I came to this forum I knew nothing about Danish football and now I have learned to know almost all the Danish teams. Before I only knew B.I.F. & FCK. I'd also like to come to a match next time I'm in Copenhagen & I know that I have met some of the best "guides" at this forum. My cousin lives in Copenhagen so you never know. She is married with a Danish guy.

I was also surprised to see that many Danish clubs were much "younger" than Finnish clubs! I always thought Finnish clubs had a very short history. Of coarse we have teams like Tampere United for example that are only a few years old. :)

Oh and if any of you visit Helsinki it'd be my pleasure to show you around and take you to a HJK match providing you visit in the summer which I strongly recommend. :)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Hi guys....

About my quitting: I stepped down as FM, and I won't post anything near what I have before. I'm dead tired of using so much time online like I said :). But I WILL come by once in a while, and surely I will post sometimes, just not that often. I'm still reading the boards, so if I stumble over something extraordinary I will surely have to say my opinion ;).

I think the best alternative is a Scandi forum, given until after the WC, and if it's still really active by then we should let it run. Second, I think the us Danes need our own forum. We're big enough now, and even with me being ALOT less active, I will be around. One of the reasons why I'm losing motivation is, that the main thing I want to talk about; FCK, isn't really a thing you guys want to join in on :). It's very naturaly IMO, that the thing people are most happy posting on, are their clubs, just like you Brøndby people are posting about that and so on. We don't have enough discussions with good arguments about other things than the Superliga, and I think many people don't put enough arguments along, and therefore we don't get the discussion to a deeper level.

I'm sure we'll have alot of non-Brøndby/FCK threads under the WC though, but what about afterwards :)?

Daniel

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
DBOY said:
I think the best alternative is a Scandi forum, given until after the WC, and if it's still really active by then we should let it run. Second, I think us Danes need our own forum. We're big enough now
That was rather confusing :confused: You want a united forum for all nations, and you also want a forum for Denmark? I guess you can't have both, the final solution has to be one of the four already given. A twist of solution number one may be that we can keep the Norwegian and Swedish forums for now, and create sub forums for Denmark and Finland in here (the main forum, empty or not, would be available for all Nordic threads and threads for the small nations). Then we can see how you survive on your own.

It will also open up for the Swedish and Norwegian forums to return here as subforums, if the posters in those forums wish to do so at later time (for example after the World Cup).

And Yakubu, as for the "good old days", the forum was impossible to read the last few months, sometimes with threads from the very same day buried on page 2 of the main forum. Maybe during this exam month, and when people go on vacation, the forums are slow enough, but during the autumn, I fear that the forum will be too busy again.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts